Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who knows - maybe they just aren't even that web savvy. But maybe they are and it's all intentional. EM not having anything speaks volumes. I really do think they're out based on things I've heard. WC is more of a tossup. Maybe they're waiting to see who they can get to join - if the talent isn't committing they might bail last minute. I wouldn't be surprised if a few other clubs do too.
    When you open the wc academy page there is no mention of girls da. Everything on their website is about the boys da. They are advertising boys ecnl since it is new and you would think that they would do the same for girls da.

Comment

When you open the wc academy page there is no mention of girls da. Everything on their website is about the boys da. They are advertising boys ecnl since it is new and you would think that they would do the same for girls da.
      Definitely fishy...at worst inept

Comment

Where is the link for the FC Fury GDA on Long island? Are they out as well?

Comment

no they're not...typo/sloppiness on the part of USDA
          Announcement coming soon and will be great for all involved. A lot of misinformation on this thread. Just take a breath troll, as all is wonderful.

Comment

NYCFC is taking over EM girls DA? starting nycfc girls da on LI? you think this is a typo?
            Looks like a joint venture. Probably a smart move. Prob also be much cheaper than FC Fury NY too as EM owns fields (which is what NYCFC prob wants) and I bet NYCFC will supply some or all the coaches and training. Great situation for NYCFC. St. John's must cost a fortune.

Comment

Looks like a joint venture. Probably a smart move. Prob also be much cheaper than FC Fury NY too as EM owns fields (which is what NYCFC prob wants) and I bet NYCFC will supply some or all the coaches and training. Great situation for NYCFC. St. John's must cost a fortune.
              Does not NYCFC have their own complex in rockland county?

Comment

Does not NYCFC have their own complex in rockland county?
                Training complex for first team, not academy. There academy programs currently at St. John's University in Queens.

Comment

Announcement coming soon and will be great for all involved. A lot of misinformation on this thread. Just take a breath troll, as all is wonderful.
                  It is definitely not a typo. The chart was rexently updated from saying East Meadow to NYCFC-LI.

Comment

It is definitely not a typo. The chart was rexently updated from saying East Meadow to NYCFC-LI.
                    Interesting. Also interesting is it says NYCFC, Bellmore NY, which where EM is based out of. Probably a joint venture using the NYCFC name. I'm sure NYCFC has most of the control as well.

Comment

Interesting. Also interesting is it says NYCFC, Bellmore NY, which where EM is based out of. Probably a joint venture using the NYCFC name. I'm sure NYCFC has most of the control as well.
                      Are the MLS teams pressured by us soccer to get into the female side of soccer or is this for their own PR purposes?

Comment

Are the MLS teams pressured by us soccer to get into the female side of soccer or is this for their own PR purposes?
                        Not that I've heard, but we all know the professional teams on the women's side can't afford to be supporting GDA - they can barely afford to pay their utility bills at this point. A MLS club getting involved with girls does present fantastic opportunities to run girls camps and training programs, which helps pay for DA. Red Bulls runs tons of them, mostly just for boys but some girls camps as well.

Comment

Not that I've heard, but we all know the professional teams on the women's side can't afford to be supporting GDA - they can barely afford to pay their utility bills at this point. A MLS club getting involved with girls does present fantastic opportunities to run girls camps and training programs, which helps pay for DA. Red Bulls runs tons of them, mostly just for boys but some girls camps as well.
                          But the redbulls have no girls academy. They have that successful training business for girls without it. Just curious why some MLS teams participate in the GDA and some do not.

Comment

But the redbulls have no girls academy. They have that successful training business for girls without it. Just curious why some MLS teams participate in the GDA and some do not.
                            What other MLS clubs do? Don't forget we're the rarity with two MLS clubs in one city. NYCFC is the new cub looking to infiltrate. They may have concluded marketing to girls (and their parents) is good for business.

Comment

What other MLS clubs do? Don't forget we're the rarity with two MLS clubs in one city. NYCFC is the new cub looking to infiltrate. They may have concluded marketing to girls (and their parents) is good for business.
                              I see Houston, Dallas, LA, San Jose, Orlando, and NY. Just a handful I guess.

Comment

I see Houston, Dallas, LA, San Jose, Orlando, and NY. Just a handful I guess.
                                Well there's only what 22 MLS clubs in total? Can't imagine many of them think it's a worthwhile venture. Some MLS clubs don't even want to be doing boys DA and put in the minimal effort as required. Other than for marketing or money an MLS club would get little out of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X