Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSA 02 girls support

If FSA doesn't send out something to come and support these girls, then they're just complete idiots. I get more emails on camps, tryouts, 3v3 tournament and SUPPORT. their Fusion team.
    This team is working their butts off and the coach has mailed it in. We need the whole club to support them.
    They're in last place in the ECNL for heavens sake. I don't care who your club is, but you never want a Ct club do this poorly.

-angry Mom

Your first mistake was choosing FSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If FSA doesn't send out something to come and support these girls, then they're just complete idiots. I get more emails on camps, tryouts, 3v3 tournament and SUPPORT. their Fusion team.
      This team is working their butts off and the coach has mailed it in. We need the whole club to support them.
      They're in last place in the ECNL for heavens sake. I don't care who your club is, but you never want a Ct club do this poorly.

-angry Mom
      They did a fantastic job against CFC's U16s. Only allowed 3 shots on goal. The game could have easily been 0-0.

-CFC Parent

Comment

They did a fantastic job against CFC's U16s. Only allowed 3 shots on goal. The game could have easily been 0-0.

-CFC Parent
        Team is 0-10, -20GD. Prime recruiting year for kids too. If any college coaches are interested in a player they won't like what they see on the field.

Comment

-angry Mom
          find a coach that cares. clubs may not care, but lots of coaches out there care. FSA needs a clue. Zero leadership

Comment

Your first mistake was choosing FSA.
            Please, no need to bash. We actually enjoyed it for many years here. The team did well years ago and did fine last year. The girls enjoy each other but this year has been a disgrace and the club doesn't care. No team should go through this.

Comment

-CFC Parent
              Thank you for being kind. Your team is tremendous and very talented. I actually cheer for Ct teams to do well except when we play each other and will continue to be a fan for your success the rest of the year. Good luck in the playoffs

Comment

Team is 0-10, -20GD. Prime recruiting year for kids too. If any college coaches are interested in a player they won't like what they see on the field.
                We actually have some talented kids and a couple have committed.
                You may be surprised but they work very hard regardless of their record.

Comment

Please, no need to bash. We actually enjoyed it for many years here. The team did well years ago and did fine last year. The girls enjoy each other but this year has been a disgrace and the club doesn't care. No team should go through this.
                  You are an unfortunate victim of FSA Disease. It is slow to develop and often doesn't appear until years later, when it's too late. The reliance on the bigger fast kids in the early years to get wins and keep families happy with no development leads to poor performance later on.

So push back on the club. Don't complain anonymously on TS. Or, move your kid to a team where the coach cares and develops players. Don't rely on ECNL to help her get recruited. Use the savings not doing ECNL to get her to on campus ID events.

Comment

You are an unfortunate victim of FSA Disease. It is slow to develop and often doesn't appear until years later, when it's too late. The reliance on the bigger fast kids in the early years to get wins and keep families happy with no development leads to poor performance later on.

So push back on the club. Don't complain anonymously on TS. Or, move your kid to a team where the coach cares and develops players. Don't rely on ECNL to help her get recruited. Use the savings not doing ECNL to get her to on campus ID events.
                    You might be talking to the mom of one of the former big and fast kids who now can no longer dribble past everyone quickly and score goals like 4 years ago ..... but she keeps trying! Every FSA team goes through this. Your situation is not new nor unexpected (except apparently by all of the FSA parents). Seriously, look at all of the teams before you that won at U9, 10, 11, and 12 ..... and then the records have gone down. All of our FSA teams have done it. This should not be as traumatic for you as it is. For the record, no, FSA simply doesn't care. They dont get any less money for 0 wins and if your team made the playoffs, they would actually lose money by having to pay extra for the coaches fees for the tournament, per diem, hotel, car, flight). My advice to you, with two years left is to get out and be happy elsewhere ..... you really can (especially if your daughter leaves to a ne team with a friend or two from her current team). Trying out for new clubs will quickly show you the value of your daughter's ability in the open market.

Comment

You might be talking to the mom of one of the former big and fast kids who now can no longer dribble past everyone quickly and score goals like 4 years ago ..... but she keeps trying! Every FSA team goes through this. Your situation is not new nor unexpected (except apparently by all of the FSA parents). Seriously, look at all of the teams before you that won at U9, 10, 11, and 12 ..... and then the records have gone down. All of our FSA teams have done it. This should not be as traumatic for you as it is. For the record, no, FSA simply doesn't care. They dont get any less money for 0 wins and if your team made the playoffs, they would actually lose money by having to pay extra for the coaches fees for the tournament, per diem, hotel, car, flight). My advice to you, with two years left is to get out and be happy elsewhere ..... you really can (especially if your daughter leaves to a ne team with a friend or two from her current team). Trying out for new clubs will quickly show you the value of your daughter's ability in the open market.
                      ^^ nailed it. But what's even more disturbing is on the boys side the club is relatively successful. They did well in EDP before and most teams are doing decently in the new boys ECNL. Girls parents should consider that as well

Comment

I think the lack of attention on the part of management is starting to have an adverse effect on the club. . Where they used to be able to field full competent teams at U18 and U17 they now field an amalgam. The players they are taking for the State team are travel quality at best for the most part. I think Sporting has cut into their draw and now CFC Sportsworld and Valley. People have choices. The nice facilities are great but I can tell you first hand that the owner's do not care about the club to the degree they should. Even such simple things as keeping their Gotsoccer Roster's updated (i, know...I know...). We go to tournaments and the coaches books have rosters provided by FSA that are YEARS out of date. They dont give a **** so long as your check cashes. And oh yeah...come buy a ticket and support the Fusion! Sad. People are starting to figure that out and the effects are on full display on Executive Drive.

If you dont care about playing in college you're just as well off to pick some other CCSL team and save yourself a wad of cash.

Comment

I think the lack of attention on the part of management is starting to have an adverse effect on the club. . Where they used to be able to field full competent teams at U18 and U17 they now field an amalgam. The players they are taking for the State team are travel quality at best for the most part. I think Sporting has cut into their draw and now CFC Sportsworld and Valley. People have choices. The nice facilities are great but I can tell you first hand that the owner's do not care about the club to the degree they should. Even such simple things as keeping their Gotsoccer Roster's updated (i, know...I know...). We go to tournaments and the coaches books have rosters provided by FSA that are YEARS out of date. They dont give a **** so long as your check cashes. And oh yeah...come buy a ticket and support the Fusion! Sad. People are starting to figure that out and the effects are on full display on Executive Drive.

If you dont care about playing in college you're just as well off to pick some other CCSL team and save yourself a wad of cash.
                          Agreed, even if your daughter/son wants to play in college, FSA isn't the only option. Not everybody goes D1 or D2, or gets scholarship money if they do. The time spent traveling week in and out, gets debatable the older the kid gets. Once they are 16 usually they know if they want to play in college or not, then it gets down to what level they are good enough to play at.

By the the time they are Juniors/Seniors, you'll know by coaches calling/emailing what level they are at.

There is a girl on the Ajax u18 girls team who is going to be playing at CCSU, yes Ajax has produced D1 player (and their club plays only in CT), hard to believe, but for anybody that says smaller clubs can't do it are blinded by FSA's stranglehold. Sporting puts players in colleges, and so do the other smaller clubs. There are good coaches everywhere, just need to find the best fit for your family.

Comment

Agreed, even if your daughter/son wants to play in college, FSA isn't the only option. Not everybody goes D1 or D2, or gets scholarship money if they do. The time spent traveling week in and out, gets debatable the older the kid gets. Once they are 16 usually they know if they want to play in college or not, then it gets down to what level they are good enough to play at.

By the the time they are Juniors/Seniors, you'll know by coaches calling/emailing what level they are at.

There is a girl on the Ajax u18 girls team who is going to be playing at CCSU, yes Ajax has produced D1 player (and their club plays only in CT), hard to believe, but for anybody that says smaller clubs can't do it are blinded by FSA's stranglehold. Sporting puts players in colleges, and so do the other smaller clubs. There are good coaches everywhere, just need to find the best fit for your family.
                            100% true. And congrats to the Ajax kid. Wrona puts out a very good product. I am always impressed when we play them.

Comment

100% true. And congrats to the Ajax kid. Wrona puts out a very good product. I am always impressed when we play them.
                              I agree, I always see people posting about Sporting, but I'd rather take my daughter over to Ajax than the other guys. Wrona knows his stuff from what I've seen when they play at FSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X