Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love how people bought into the DA like it was going to be the end all be all and some of the top clubs in the northeast left because they saw through the BS. Now you are suggesting it follow the same rules as the ECNL to make it convient because the cost will be to high. US Soccer missed the chance to actually make something of this with the ECNL but was greedy and thought they could do it alone. They underestimated the strength of the ECNL and US Club Soccer. In year two they should be gaining ground but took 5 steps backwards.
    All true statements. Not the first time US Soccer couldn't execute, won't be the last.

Comment

Initially it was about the NT. Then they saw they could possibly crush ECNL as an added bonus.
      That's sarcasm, right?

Smoke and mirrors from the start. It was never really about soccer, just business and power.

Comment

That's sarcasm, right?

Smoke and mirrors from the start. It was never really about soccer, just business and power.
        It was also a diversionary tactic from all the bad press they were getting from the women's NT complaints. There were no plans for GDA just a few months before that sh*t hit the PR fan.

Comment

It was also a diversionary tactic from all the bad press they were getting from the women's NT complaints. There were no plans for GDA just a few months before that sh*t hit the PR fan.
          Most people I've talked to when I've raised the politics/public relations aspect seem to react like the thought never crossed their mind. Bunch of ****ing dodo birds...or ostriches...take your pick.

Comment

What I find even funny is that their is only 3 or 4 clubs that are actually any good in the Northeast Confernece.
            Boston Breakers
            New York City
            FC Fury
            Oakwood

In the Atlantic only 2 teams
            Penn Fusion
            FC Virginia

There are 13 clubs left and only 5 or 6 are good. That does not sound like development for national level players.
            Strange, but it has not stopped some kids from developing into better players. Some NT level ones as well.

I think you can look that the negatives and complain, or the positives and get on with it. I encourage my kid to do the latter, so far so good.

as far as the ECNL goes, how will it be any different ?

Comment

Most people I've talked to when I've raised the politics/public relations aspect seem to react like the thought never crossed their mind. Bunch of ****ing dodo birds...or ostriches...take your pick.
              Your PR spin is fine except i really dont see much evidence of them making any real political capital out of it. The ECNL are the masters of that.

Comment

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featu...wnt-challenges

The open weekends implementation sounds like it is their "solution" to dealing with fewer teams in each division.

Comment

The open weekends implementation sounds like it is their "solution" to dealing with fewer teams in each division.
                  Sounds good to me. Any strong team, whatever the league, would like to compete against other strong teams close by. What stinks is driving past good competition just because they are in a different league.

Comment

Does the "open weekends" mean teams do not have to travel to play weak teams and instead will schedule games against local competition?

Comment

Does the "open weekends" mean teams do not have to travel to play weak teams and instead will schedule games against local competition?
                      It doesn't say there won't still be some weak teams in the divisions, so you won't get out of those if it happens. All it really says is that there will be some free weekends to schedule alternative games, again likely because there will only be 6 or so clubs in some divisions.

If I had to guess what will happen in the NE, you will probably play each team 3x as now, some crossover games with Atlantic, showcases, and then what's left you can schedule other teams. I'm not sure how they will handle the rules around those open weekends (subbing, refs, etc.). But until the dust really settles with clubs can they figure out their restructuring. NE will probably only be BBA, Oakwood, Fury, NYCFC, NYSC, and maybe Empire.

It really is silly to even travel to NY weekly for those games. As a league, GDA in the Northeast isn't offering that much in terms of competition. They should offer a "GDA lite" version which eliminates all the time and $$ for travel, and focuses more on development.

Comment

It doesn't say there won't still be some weak teams in the divisions, so you won't get out of those if it happens. All it really says is that there will be some free weekends to schedule alternative games, again likely because there will only be 6 or so clubs in some divisions.

If I had to guess what will happen in the NE, you will probably play each team 3x as now, some crossover games with Atlantic, showcases, and then what's left you can schedule other teams. I'm not sure how they will handle the rules around those open weekends (subbing, refs, etc.). But until the dust really settles with clubs can they figure out their restructuring. NE will probably only be BBA, Oakwood, Fury, NYCFC, NYSC, and maybe Empire.

It really is silly to even travel to NY weekly for those games. As a league, GDA in the Northeast isn't offering that much in terms of competition. They should offer a "GDA lite" version which eliminates all the time and $$ for travel, and focuses more on development.
                        There is good competition but it is in other leagues. Such a frustrating and dumb situation. Have crossover between leagues. There are good teams close by.

Comment

we need a TS pick up game thread. Just pick and time and place and let the girls enjoy playing. No parents or coaches allowed.

Comment

we need a TS pick up game thread. Just pick and time and place and let the girls enjoy playing. No parents or coaches allowed.
                            The first rule of pick up soccer club is you don't talk about pick up soccer club.

Comment

You know what would really make sense? Playing the BBA vs. NY teams and Oakwood vs NY teams at a neutral site. Everyone (Ok, maybe except for Empire) travels 1 1/2 hours vs 3 hours each way. No hotels needed except for those exceptionally early games.

Comment

There is good competition but it is in other leagues. Such a frustrating and dumb situation. Have crossover between leagues. There are good teams close by.
                                You know that will never ever happen. DA would never risk DA teams losing to teams in supposedly lesser leagues. Around here with fall HS season you'd never get a game regardless and in the spring the other leagues have full weekends. Winter would be the only shot, but again no way USSF or clubs will risk it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X