Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youth Soccer Assesment Grid- Where should we stop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys parents are THE most delusional. They all put their sins in club because they believe that their kid is the one exception and usually learn the hard way they aren’t. Now that we have the boys ECNL. That lesson just got a whole lot more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The latter.
      You drank the koolaide like the rest of us. The lack of objectivity in club soccer is truly amazing.

Comment

You drank the koolaide like the rest of us. The lack of objectivity in club soccer is truly amazing.
        I always was objective about my son. Up until now the cost was worth it, but just. That is no longer the case. It was never about scholarships or the national team. It was about the quality of training and competition. We've found a way to approximate those two factors for less money, less travel and less family time invested.

Comment

I always was objective about my son. Up until now the cost was worth it, but just. That is no longer the case. It was never about scholarships or the national team. It was about the quality of training and competition. We've found a way to approximate those two factors for less money, less travel and less family time invested.
          Too what end? So now you throw in the chips? You could have forecasted where things were going to go years ago if you were actually looking. Not terribly objective of you.

Comment

Too what end? So now you throw in the chips? You could have forecasted where things were going to go years ago if you were actually looking. Not terribly objective of you.
            To what end? Throw in the chips? Forecasting?

These are not words and phrases used by objective parents, or parents that should be judging the objectivity of others.

I said the cost was worth it up until now based on the practice frequency and intensity, as well as the number of games played and the level of play.

There was never an end game in my calculus. It was about my son training and playing in the best environment in relation to cost and time invested. That's it. He's enjoyed it very much.

He wants to play in college. I guess that's his end game. I could care less about that.

I've demonstrated to him that he can maintain training intensity and playing time while moving along from his current team. I'm also confident that his potential to play in college will remain unchanged. I know for certain soccer will cost less. I know for certain travel will be significantly reduced. Without question he'll have more flexibility to become a more well rounded person, which could be the single most important factor in the college recruiting process if he maintains that goal for himself.

I care about school.

I care about him being happy and healthy.

I'll leave the chips and forecasts to people like you. I hope your ends justify your means, for your sake.

Comment

There never was, never will be. Parents of boys know that from the beginning.
              No, many don't realize it until they're in the thick of recruiting. You'd be surprised. True for most non revenue sports too. i've seen many a crest-fallen baseball dad.

Comment

Douche. No one wants your advice or anonymous berating.

Comment

Douche. No one wants your advice or anonymous berating.
                  That fool drank the Koolaide and so the die was cast. Maybe the next family will think twice before jumping on that club gravy train if they realize just how stupid it is to drink that Koolaide

Comment

That fool drank the Koolaide and so the die was cast. Maybe the next family will think twice before jumping on that club gravy train if they realize just how stupid it is to drink that Koolaide
                    What is your problem?? Seriously, why do you need to tell other people what to do?

Personally when my son was u12 and we started club soccer I had no idea where he compared, or where he'd end up. He's now playing at a level higher than my wildest dreams.

Look, this rule works for most things : "if it's working, do it. If it's not working, change it." If club soccer is working for your family, do it. If not, change it. And never listen to idiots on TS who don't know you, your kid, your club or your situation.

Comment

What is your problem?? Seriously, why do you need to tell other people what to do?

Personally when my son was u12 and we started club soccer I had no idea where he compared, or where he'd end up. He's now playing at a level higher than my wildest dreams.

Look, this rule works for most things : "if it's working, do it. If it's not working, change it." If club soccer is working for your family, do it. If not, change it. And never listen to idiots on TS who don't know you, your kid, your club or your situation.
                      So why don’t you just roll out all of the excuses you gave to yourself here and see how many in this cesspool actually are going to applaud you for your stupidity.

Comment

So why don’t you just roll out all of the excuses you gave to yourself here and see how many in this cesspool actually are going to applaud you for your stupidity.
                        Sorry your kid wasn't good enough to make the team.

Comment

You must be a deeply unhappy person, whose kid didn't do as well as you thought s/he would. Those of us with truly high level kids are secure and don't feel the need to belittle everyone else. Grow up!

Comment

You must be a deeply unhappy person, whose kid didn't do as well as you thought s/he would. Those of us with truly high level kids are secure and don't feel the need to belittle everyone else. Grow up!
                            If you were so secure, you wouldn't be puffin' your chest about it.

Comment

If you were so secure, you wouldn't be puffin' your chest about it.
                              Let me guess, you're stuck in NEP. You have that underappreciated vibe about you.

Comment

So why are you quitting then if your kid is making all the teams and is such a high level player? Who gets to the 15-16 yo stage in club soccer and quites if their kid is going to get the rewards that come from club soccer. That’s what the op was claiming they are doing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X