• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post merger landscape

Resetting the pecking order:

Top dogs:

FC Stars, NEFC, GPS

These three have the biggest geographic footprint, most teams and control of the MA tournament calendar. In total I’d say at least 50% of the MA soccer market runs through these three clubs.

Smaller but quality:

Select & Bolts.

Both produce teams that are just as talented, if not more so, than the big three, but are smaller operations and primarily strong in only one gender.

Solid:

FCUSA, Seacoast, Spirit of Liverpool

IMO each of these three clubs have more positives than negatives.

In the conversation:

Valeo, Aztec, Best, WUP, Liverpool FC

Some good, some bad, some meh.

In need of a lifeline:

Scorpions, Galway, CFC.

Scorps have ECNL, but no boys side and no longer have the numbers at the younger ages.
    CFC & Galway are the only remaining NSL clubs with 20+ teams, but have already lost the game of musical chairs. Better find a dance partner quick or all their games come fall will be Galway v. CFC.

How about a Scorps-Galway-CFC threesome?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Top dogs:

FC Stars, NEFC, GPS

These three have the biggest geographic footprint, most teams and control of the MA tournament calendar. In total I’d say at least 50% of the MA soccer market runs through these three clubs.

Smaller but quality:

Select & Bolts.

Both produce teams that are just as talented, if not more so, than the big three, but are smaller operations and primarily strong in only one gender.

Solid:

In the conversation:

In need of a lifeline:

Scorpions, Galway, CFC.

Scorps have ECNL, but no boys side and no longer have the numbers at the younger ages.
    CFC & Galway are the only remaining NSL clubs with 20+ teams, but have already lost the game of musical chairs. Better find a dance partner quick or all their games come fall will be Galway v. CFC.

In theory maybe scorps and CFC. Scorps have options for the girls side. Also wouldn't have a parent as a coach. CFC has a decent enough coaching staff on the boys side. But in reality CFC is based in Braintree and FM is not the the most loved person in Braintree so I don't thing that's going to work. Galway and scorps could happen just for the fact the both owners are what they are.

Comment

Top dogs:

FC Stars, NEFC, GPS

Smaller but quality:

Select & Bolts.

Solid:

In the conversation:

In need of a lifeline:

Scorpions, Galway, CFC.

This is the most fair breakdown of the current Soccer landscape. Now if Galway and CFC intelligently do this or some version of this the NSL all but becomes a minor league system with zero relevance. Mid tier clubs there will either be forced to merge with one another or accept the fact that they are the new town Soccer level for mass youth soccer. How the tide has turned.

Comment

This is the most fair breakdown of the current Soccer landscape. Now if Galway and CFC intelligently do this or some version of this the NSL all but becomes a minor league system with zero relevance. Mid tier clubs there will either be forced to merge with one another or accept the fact that they are the new town Soccer level for mass youth soccer. How the tide has turned.
        except GPS is the same disaster they have always been. quantity does not equate to quality.

Comment

What an epic train wreck that would be.

Comment

except GPS is the same disaster they have always been. quantity does not equate to quality.
            Hi #GpsEnvy - amid all this "all-in" nonsense so little opportunity. Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              resetting the pecking order:

Top dogs:

Fc stars, nefc, gps

these three have the biggest geographic footprint, most teams and control of the ma tournament calendar. In total i’d say at least 50% of the ma soccer market runs through these three clubs.

Smaller but quality:

Select & bolts.

Solid:

Fcusa, seacoast, spirit of liverpool

imo each of these three clubs have more positives than negatives.

In the conversation:

Valeo, aztec, best, wup, liverpool fc

some good, some bad, some meh.

In need of a lifeline:

Scorpions, galway, cfc.

Scorps have ecnl, but no boys side and no longer have the numbers at the younger ages.
              Cfc & galway are the only remaining nsl clubs with 20+ teams, but have already lost the game of musical chairs. Better find a dance partner quick or all their games come fall will be galway v. Cfc.

How about a scorps-galway-cfc threesome?
              lololololololol this ****ing list.

Comment

Hi #GpsEnvy - amid all this "all-in" nonsense so little opportunity. Welcome back
                The greatest club ever without DA or GDA or ECNL. So great.

Comment

The greatest club ever without DA or GDA or ECNL. So great.
                  sorry they bother you so much, like em or not the poster was right to include them at top given their scale.

Comment

sorry they bother you so much, like em or not the poster was right to include them at top given their scale.
                    I actually think of them very little, or was it that I think very little of them? Maybe both.

Comment

I actually think of them very little, or was it that I think very little of them? Maybe both.
                      The content of your postings support you believe the latter. The frequency betrays both

Comment

The content of your postings support you believe the latter. The frequency betrays both
                        I was looking for a quality restaurant for my 15th wedding anniversary. Would you recommend Subway? They dominate the restaurant landscape.

Comment

I was looking for a quality restaurant for my 15th wedding anniversary. Would you recommend Subway? They dominate the restaurant landscape.
                          Read the original post. The OP didn’t discuss who has the best program, he/she fairly broke the levels of clubs down by shear numbers alone. Each organization has great players, good coaches, bad coaches, bad players, crappy parents and good parents. That part wasn’t included in the original post. Take your bias out of the equation and understand the original point.

Comment

The post was about market share post merger and how the big picture looks after a few relatively interesting business decisions were made by FCUSA & Seacoast.

Comment

https://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/MA/All/Both/GPS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X