Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a mental sickness

Is it a mental disease, when a parent Of a child thinks thier kid is a superstar .When everyone around knows they are average.What is the cause of this .

Ask your shrink

Comment

Delusion. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Delusion. It happens.
        Yes. It happens to all parents at one time or another(sometimes multiple times). Some never figure it out but the same ones do.

Comment

Is it a mental disease, when a parent Of a child thinks thier kid is a superstar .When everyone around knows they are average.What is the cause of this .
          All I know is that my kid is the best chess player around...MIT bound

Comment

All I know is that my kid is the best chess player around...MIT bound
            Good luck to all the dumb soccer players...

Comment

Good luck to all the dumb soccer players...
              Sad to see so many negative posts

Comment

Sad to see so many negative posts
                I think the delusion can be an insidious, creeping thing. It takes root fairly easily; little Mia is easily the best player in the neighborhood and then she dominates at U6 and all the other parents are very complimentary to the parents about little Mia’s star potential. Little Mia continues to score lots of goals and the family seeks to get her playing with other studs at the local club. She scores a bunch of goals as a forward, but the coach moves her to midfield at U9 because little Abby joins the team and she’s played a lot with her older siblings so she’s a bit more skilled “at this stage.” A couple of the best players leave the team for bigger clubs so that they can be challenged in a league with more letters in its name and now Mia’s family wants to make the same jump. She makes the team but only starts once in awhile, because the coach likes the kids that have been with him for several years.

Now, by U14-15 Mia is a player on a decent team in the “top” league, and as far as her family knows, she’s playing mid instead and of forward only because the team needs her there, and she starts a lot so she must be a really high level talent (ignoring the fact that she starts because the 2 other kids are battling injuries- and she only plays 15 minutes against the best teams). They see her as a top 10 player in the area, when in fact she’s probably interchangeable with 100 other kids.

Comment

One of the first signs of mental illness is the misuse, or even lack of proper punctuation.
                  Starting a thread with a question, and having two of the three "sentences" being questions with nary a question mark is a dead giveaway. Add to that the uneven spacing around the periods and some random capitalization and I think the diagnosis is complete. Check yourself into a remedial clinic, Tard.

Comment

One of the first signs of mental illness is the misuse, or even lack of proper punctuation.
                    Starting a thread with a question, and having two of the three "sentences" being questions with nary a question mark is a dead giveaway. Add to that the uneven spacing around the periods and some random capitalization and I think the diagnosis is complete. Check yourself into a remedial clinic, Tard.
                    Agreed, completely deranged.

Comment

Or become president, I guess. Seems to be working for that half-wit.

Comment

You people are retarded!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X