Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Went back and read the press release on the new training grounds. $35 mil on land he already owns, no indoor facilities which is crazy for a team in this part of the country with the weather we have (sharing it with the pats and the paying customers and RDS shows just how low a priority the academy is), the new grass fields are for first team only. Old grass field is for academy. One new turf (OUTDOOR) field will be shared. Guessing the bucolic walking trails will be open to all. . .
    An indoor facility isn't as sexy as a barber shop.

Comment

An indoor facility isn't as sexy as a barber shop.
      Man, what a sour bunch!

Sure $100’s of millions over 2 decades is possible. I can tell most of you guys have never run a business of any decent size. I can easily see $10 million per year for franchise fees, staffing, facilties, marketing, travel, etc.

They still have access to Gillette and the Empower fieldhouse for indoor. This new faculty just adds to that. And even if Academy gets the old grass field from the first team, most youth clubs would give their left nut for their own field in a place where land is as expensive as MA!

I love the comment “on land he already owns” like Kraft isn’t doing something substantial by opening a very expensive facility. Ok, clown poster, please sign over to me 68 acres near Boston. Get real!

I think all these World Series and Super Bowl championships have gone to your head! Building a championship team takes time and can be a frustrating start and stop exercise, let alone trying to develop a fan base in a place with a marginal soccer culture. I think the Revs a moving in the right direction.

Comment

There's possible, then there's reality. Please do some research before guestimating. Make sure to include revenue that offsets the cost....ticket and merch sales, TVand sponsorship deals, concessions, parking, RDS and camps. Kraft isnt running negative if he dosen't have to and certainly not for two decades

Comment

Man, what a sour bunch!

Sure $100’s of millions over 2 decades is possible. I can tell most of you guys have never run a business of any decent size. I can easily see $10 million per year for franchise fees, staffing, facilties, marketing, travel, etc.

They still have access to Gillette and the Empower fieldhouse for indoor. This new faculty just adds to that. And even if Academy gets the old grass field from the first team, most youth clubs would give their left nut for their own field in a place where land is as expensive as MA!

I love the comment “on land he already owns” like Kraft isn’t doing something substantial by opening a very expensive facility. Ok, clown poster, please sign over to me 68 acres near Boston. Get real!

I think all these World Series and Super Bowl championships have gone to your head! Building a championship team takes time and can be a frustrating start and stop exercise, let alone trying to develop a fan base in a place with a marginal soccer culture. I think the Revs a moving in the right direction.
          Brian, your the one that makes it all a waste of time and money.

Comment

There's possible, then there's reality. Please do some research before guestimating. Make sure to include revenue that offsets the cost....ticket and merch sales, TVand sponsorship deals, concessions, parking, RDS and camps. Kraft isnt running negative if he dosen't have to and certainly not for two decades
            Why don’t you do your own research and prove me wrong?

Comment

They rarely play up also. The Revs don't have one 2002 on the U19 roster. NYCFC has three, even the Bolts have one listed.
              But some are stuck playing up even though it’s not the best path for those players. 10 min? What’s the point?

Comment

Man, what a sour bunch!

I care about the Academy. It's on a shoe string budget.

Comment

The Revs are ranked 21st out of 23 teams for total player payroll. I wonder why we can't win?

Comment

The Revs are ranked 21st out of 23 teams for total player payroll. I wonder why we can't win?
                    The Revs suck, the academy sucks even more.

Comment

You're the one claiming Kraft has sunk hundreds of millions into it. You prove it. We'll wait.

Comment

They rarely play up also. The Revs don't have one 2002 on the U19 roster. NYCFC has three, even the Bolts have one listed.
                        But some are stuck playing up even though it’s not the best path for those players. 10 min? What’s the point?

What is the difference between rostering 2002s on the U16/17 and playing them up a subset of the games vs rostering 2002s on the U18/19 team and having them get limited starts at U18 and playing them down with the U17s. Lauding other clubs and dissing the Revs for doing the exact same thing makes it really hard to take actual criticisms here seriously. If you are going to compare the clubs, do the work to make sure that you are accurate.

Comment

The payroll matches the revenue. I saw they were ranked 21st out of 23 in revenue ($28 million). If total player payroll is $7 million then it’s believable that Kraft is losing money like the other poster mentioned.

Comment

I care about the Academy. It's on a shoe string budget.
                            If you only care about the Academy and not the first-team, I guess that says it all. No wonder it’s a mess.

Have you ever thought of it this way: if Kraft sunk serious $ into a paid residency program, then he would be attracting talent from all over the world. Probably none of the local MA boys would have a shot at even being on the Academy team. You would have nothing to complain about.

Comment

Anyone know where these former Revs academy players ended up?

Jonathan Ferreira
                              Tyler Melo

Comment

Anyone know where these former Revs academy players ended up?

Jonathan Ferreira
                                Tyler Melo
                                TM plays for WPI (D3)

dunno about JF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X