Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Empire has future tryouts listed for GDA on their website. LISC hasn't had any updates to their site since December.
    Lots of rumors that Orlando Pride are out (new ownership doesn't want to fund) and will not move to private school where boys da is moving, but no social media announcement. SE conference is a very good Top Hat and a whole lot of mediocre/poor Florida teams.

Comment

Empire has future tryouts listed for GDA on their website. LISC hasn't had any updates to their site since December.
      Doesn't necessarily mean empire is still in. they might be waiting to see how tryouts/re-newed contracts go. I can't imagine any appeal where they are vs all the travel. They can just position themselves as the best club in the area and skip DA.

Comment

Lots of rumors that Orlando Pride are out (new ownership doesn't want to fund) and will not move to private school where boys da is moving, but no social media announcement. SE conference is a very good Top Hat and a whole lot of mediocre/poor Florida teams.
        It's not like driving GA to FL is a short adventure. 6+ hours Atlanta to Orlando. As much as we complain about the travel in the NE (made much worse by all the traffic) other divisions have much more travel.

Comment

Updated with Concorde:

By conference (although the new ones are guesses):

MID-AMERICA; -3
          Out -
          Eclipse
          Hawks
          Indy Fire

FRONTIER; +1
          Out-
          FC Kansas City
          New -
          Orlando Energy
          Sporting Omaha

NORTHEAST; -1
          Out-
          FC Stars

ATLANTIC; -1
          Out-
          Sky Blue-PDA
          Virginia Develop Academy
          New -
          Arlington Soccer Association

SOUTHEAST -1
          Concorde Fire

NORTHWEST; even
          Out-
          Burlingame
          New-
          Utah Royals
          You should do the same for ECNL

Comment

Orlando Pride have left the DA and the players went to ECNL

Comment

Updated with Concorde:

MID-AMERICA; -3
              Out -
              Eclipse
              Hawks
              Indy Fire

FRONTIER; +1
              Out-
              FC Kansas City
              New -
              Orlando Energy
              Sporting Omaha

NORTHEAST; -1
              Out-
              FC Stars

ATLANTIC; -1
              Out-
              Sky Blue-PDA
              Virginia Develop Academy
              New -

SOUTHEAST -1
              Concorde Fire

NORTHWEST; even
              Out-
              Burlingame
              New-
              Utah Royals
              You can add Orlando Pride to the list they are out of DA

Comment

Updated with Concorde:

MID-AMERICA; -3
                Out -
                Eclipse
                Hawks
                Indy Fire

FRONTIER; +1
                Out-
                FC Kansas City
                New -
                Orlando Energy
                Sporting Omaha

NORTHEAST; -1
                Out-
                FC Stars

ATLANTIC; -1
                Out-
                Sky Blue-PDA
                Virginia Develop Academy
                New -

SOUTHEAST -1
                Concorde Fire

NORTHWEST; even
                Out-
                Burlingame
                New-
                Utah Royals
                Utah Royals are in the SOUTHWEST conference.

They are sponsored by the Utah Royals NWSL team, but their GDA teams are based in Arizona.

Comment

Apprarently LISC is not out completely. They are supposedly only going to have teams in U14 and U15 next year. More details are supposed to be announced on Monday.

So more trips to NY for blowouts if you are on the younger side.

Comment

Apprarently LISC is not out completely. They are supposedly only going to have teams in U14 and U15 next year. More details are supposed to be announced on Monday.

So more trips to NY for blowouts if you are on the younger side.
                    What is the point of doing that? Only chance they have to field decent teams because it's pre-HS and JV players?

Comment

not 100 pct true. i know of at least 2 players who left GDA teams for ECNL onse and College coaches were not happy. So much so that they requested the kids at least try and train with the GDA teams.

On balance I agree with you and these may be isolated cases based on the standard of the ECNL team they joined.
                      I had the same comment directly from a D1 coach. She wants my D playing and training year- round with GDA. Not insisting, but strongly encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        I had the same comment directly from a D1 coach. She wants my D playing and training year- round with GDA. Not insisting, but strongly encouraging.
                        It must depend on the school and the region. We had the opposite reaction from coaches.

Comment

And mine thinks gda is a joke, and is much more concerned with the conditioning aspect.
                          What’s your point?

Comment

And mine thinks gda is a joke, and is much more concerned with the conditioning aspect.
                            What’s your point?
                            Coaches aren't perfect and make mistakes recruiting all the time. I know plenty of managers in the corporate world who wouldn't look at a candidate if they didn't have a particular degree. It is a lazy way to pre-filter candidates, but it happens all the time. No different than coaches or NT scouts only looking at DA.

Comment

Coaches aren't perfect and make mistakes recruiting all the time. I know plenty of managers in the corporate world who wouldn't look at a candidate if they didn't have a particular degree. It is a lazy way to pre-filter candidates, but it happens all the time. No different than coaches or NT scouts only looking at DA.
                              DA or ECNL.

Comment

this is where stupidity begins. Its coach by coach. If you are a top College coach, you know the coaches you trust, be they DoCs or just coaches. If you have a kid who has a chance to be around such a coach for 10m, then of course you would prefer it.

It has nothing to do with GDA or ECNL or any other league.

The problem with all of this is as soccer excellence becomes less and less important - ie outside of say 20 D1 programs - all sorts of non soccer factors start to enter the discussion. Parents with kids for whom soccer excellence is clearly NOT the end goal( Im not saying its should be) start talking like it is.

of course there are lazy coaches etc, but as you move into the 20 programs I am referring to, they are extremely rare. so yes, lazy coaches at schools who hire lazy coaches dont do enough legwork to comment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X