Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Different poster - and neither that other poster nor myself swore.
    Who won

Comment

Who won
      Where is the list of winners advancing

Comment

Where is the list of winners advancing
        https://events.gotsport.com/events/d...entID=64599But

Comment

Anyone know if the NPL playoffs consist of the top 2 teams from Bracket A and B in a crossover semi and then final, or is it top 3 teams from Bracket A and top 1 team from Bracket B? There is no explanation on the NEP/NPL schedule page.

Comment

Anyone know if the NPL playoffs consist of the top 2 teams from Bracket A and B in a crossover semi and then final, or is it top 3 teams from Bracket A and top 1 team from Bracket B? There is no explanation on the NEP/NPL schedule page.
            It's all explained on the slideshow on the NEP homepage. See slide 13. Yes, A1 vs B2 and A2 vs B1 (for the girls).

Comment

It's all explained on the slideshow on the NEP homepage. See slide 13. Yes, A1 vs B2 and A2 vs B1 (for the girls).
              Thanks!

Comment

So I am confused. I thought USYC and USCS decided to combine the state cups this year in MA, and that is what the Premier divisions was all about with NSL team competing there. But then I keep seeing these other NSL teams bragging all over my FB feed about winning state cup games, and I knew they were not in the NEP State Cup divisions. Did a quick google and see that I guess there still is another USYS one. I guess these are the NSL teams afraid to take on any NEP/NPL teams???

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/events/...tts_state_cup/

Comment

So I am confused. I thought USYC and USCS decided to combine the state cups this year in MA, and that is what the Premier divisions was all about with NSL team competing there. But then I keep seeing these other NSL teams bragging all over my FB feed about winning state cup games, and I knew they were not in the NEP State Cup divisions. Did a quick google and see that I guess there still is another USYS one. I guess these are the NSL teams afraid to take on any NEP/NPL teams???

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/events/...tts_state_cup/
                  USCS determines 2 semifinalists and USYS determines the other two.
                  The will face off on Jun 2 & 3 to determine state cup winner

Comment

USCS determines 2 semifinalists and USYS determines the other two.
                    The will face off on Jun 2 & 3 to determine state cup winner
                    Thank you for the clarification

Comment

Thank you for the clarification
                      Not correct. Super group final is npl a and npl b. No USYS teams.

Comment

Not correct. Super group final is npl a and npl b. No USYS teams.
                        You are discussing something else.

USYS MA State Cup has 2 paths: one for USYS clubs (ie NSL) and another path for USCS (ie Nep/npl). Each path determines format to get two semifinalists. Then on Jun 2&3 the two paths meet to determine USYS MA State Cup winner, who goes to VA for Region I finals.

Super group is for the USCS MA state cup. Only NEP/NPL teams who choose to enter.
                        Winner goes to NPL Nationals in CO.

Just think of it as 2 different state cup tournaments.
                        Neither is better than the other for many reasons (most obvious is that DA ECNL teams don’t compete in it)

Comment

You are discussing something else.

USYS MA State Cup has 2 paths: one for USYS clubs (ie NSL) and another path for USCS (ie Nep/npl). Each path determines format to get two semifinalists. Then on Jun 2&3 the two paths meet to determine USYS MA State Cup winner, who goes to VA for Region I finals.

Super group is for the USCS MA state cup. Only NEP/NPL teams who choose to enter.
                          Winner goes to NPL Nationals in CO.

Just think of it as 2 different state cup tournaments.
                          Neither is better than the other for many reasons (most obvious is that DA ECNL teams don’t compete in it)
                          Weeeeelll, I think we can say that one is better than the other can’t we??? Yes, there are no DA or ECNL teams playing, but it is pretty obvious that the supergroup is the stronger bracket (hence the name). The fact that the premier group is filled with mostly NEP or lower level NPL teams that will match up against NSL teams, While the supergroup is mostly all higher NPL teams, makes that a pretty clear delineation. Tough to argue they are equal.

Comment

Weeeeelll, I think we can say that one is better than the other can’t we??? Yes, there are no DA or ECNL teams playing, but it is pretty obvious that the supergroup is the stronger bracket (hence the name). The fact that the premier group is filled with mostly NEP or lower level NPL teams that will match up against NSL teams, While the supergroup is mostly all higher NPL teams, makes that a pretty clear delineation. Tough to argue they are equal.

Great, super group is the best of what’s left. Happy?
                            Good to see that you are taken in so easily by a marketing term.
                            Maybe next year it will be the super duper group, and you can be even more impressed.

How many teams , on average , in you your “state cup” tournament on the girls side? 4? What a tournament! How many college coaches show up to the USCS national compared to Region 1? Not even close.

Comment

Am I a terrible parent to secretly hope my kids' team doesn't win/go to nationals? Yes exciting for the kids. But I've no desire to go (what's the point?) and don't want to tell my kid we're not going. Other families feel the same but admit they may go just because they don't want to disappoint their kids. If more parents said no to all this nonsense we wouldn't have this fragmented landscape. Everyone's a champion!

Comment

Am I a terrible parent to secretly hope my kids' team doesn't win/go to nationals? Yes exciting for the kids. But I've no desire to go (what's the point?) and don't want to tell my kid we're not going. Other families feel the same but admit they may go just because they don't want to disappoint their kids. If more parents said no to all this nonsense we wouldn't have this fragmented landscape. Everyone's a champion!
                                So why are you having your kid play if you don't want them to finish their season that you committed to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X