Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes at OC DA: What's it mean for Clearwater Chargers DA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes at OC DA: What's it mean for Clearwater Chargers DA?

So the CC DA had a "dotted line" connection to OC MLS when OC MLS had OC DA.

Does that mean that CC DA has a dotted line to a private boarding school that has OC DA now? And if so, what does that even mean?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Does that mean that CC DA has a dotted line to a private boarding school that has OC DA now? And if so, what does that even mean?
    By dotted line connection do you mean that your club was supposed to refer their best players to OC DA and OC DA would pay attention? If so you should have the same connection to MV.

Comment

Lol dotted line connection. Next year it will be a solid line connection. I have to ask what is different with dotted lines?

Comment

Lol dotted line connection. Next year it will be a solid line connection. I have to ask what is different with dotted lines?
        Who cares Chargers DA have Roma.

Comment

Probably a more realistic way to look at it is OC DA has a dotted line to MA and Clearwater Chargers are on the outside looking in now. As in Clearwater Chargers have an invisible line to anything.

Comment

Who cares Chargers DA have Roma.
            So what does the Roma dotted line bring to Chargers players? In the photos I just see middle age men eating meat ball with Italian middle age men?

Comment

Oh ya OC forgot yo tell Clearwater lol. Bet you a meatball sub they did

Comment

Oh ya OC forgot yo tell Clearwater lol. Bet you a meatball sub they did
                As a Clearwater DA parent we have been told nothing. It’s this how OC operates?

Comment

We are used to it at OCYS

Comment

I'm curious what you were originally told about that dotted line? And what came of it?

Comment

I'm curious what you were originally told about that dotted line? And what came of it?
                      The content below explains the dotted line. What I can't answer is what came of it.

I guess now the Clearwater Chargers have a dotted line to MV and MV has a solid line to OC. So I guess if CC is really nice to MV then MV might say something nice about CC to OC. Presto!

http://www.chargerssoccer.com/articl...rlando-city-sc

Tampa Bay, Fla. (April 5, 2017) - Chargers Soccer Club partners with Orlando City SC, one of the most up and coming professional MLS clubs in the U.S. The partnership will offer Chargers elevated player development and identification opportunities to both its boys and girls youth soccer programs. The Chargers' most advanced players will be able to continue their elite development through the Orlando City SC U.S. Soccer Development Academy and eventually work their way to Orlando City B and the First Team.

"We're thrilled to be partners of such a prestigious MLS Club," Chargers SC Academy Director Roberto Lopez said. "It provides our players with a pathway to professional soccer in the United States. Over the years, Chargers SC has produced top professional and national team players and now we can channel all our energy to help accelerate that process and help Orlando identify and develop young talented players."

We are very excited to start this partnership with Chargers. It's our belief that player development is best achieved when working together with other clubs in our region to focus on the players," Orlando City General Manager Niki Budalic said. "We understand our role in the development pyramid and providing opportunities to elite players will be a priority as part of an expanded scouting network. Our shared vision and philosophy make " for a great starting point and we look forward to working with Roberto and the rest of the Chargers organization"

"I'm excited by our partnership with Chargers and the future benefits this will bring to both clubs," Orlando City Pro Academy Director David Longwell said. "We are committed to creating a pathway in Florida for the highest level of players to progress to Orlando City's Academy and First Team. Partnerships with clubs like Chargers will support the pathway for players to achieve this. I've been impressed with how Roberto and his Academy staff are developing players and I'm looking forward to working with them for the foreseeable future."

Comment

The content below explains the dotted line. What I can't answer is what came of it.

I guess now the Clearwater Chargers have a dotted line to MV and MV has a solid line to OC. So I guess if CC is really nice to MV then MV might say something nice about CC to OC. Presto!

http://www.chargerssoccer.com/articl...rlando-city-sc

Tampa Bay, Fla. (April 5, 2017) - Chargers Soccer Club partners with Orlando City SC, one of the most up and coming professional MLS clubs in the U.S. The partnership will offer Chargers elevated player development and identification opportunities to both its boys and girls youth soccer programs. The Chargers' most advanced players will be able to continue their elite development through the Orlando City SC U.S. Soccer Development Academy and eventually work their way to Orlando City B and the First Team.

"We're thrilled to be partners of such a prestigious MLS Club," Chargers SC Academy Director Roberto Lopez said. "It provides our players with a pathway to professional soccer in the United States. Over the years, Chargers SC has produced top professional and national team players and now we can channel all our energy to help accelerate that process and help Orlando identify and develop young talented players."

We are very excited to start this partnership with Chargers. It's our belief that player development is best achieved when working together with other clubs in our region to focus on the players," Orlando City General Manager Niki Budalic said. "We understand our role in the development pyramid and providing opportunities to elite players will be a priority as part of an expanded scouting network. Our shared vision and philosophy make " for a great starting point and we look forward to working with Roberto and the rest of the Chargers organization"

"I'm excited by our partnership with Chargers and the future benefits this will bring to both clubs," Orlando City Pro Academy Director David Longwell said. "We are committed to creating a pathway in Florida for the highest level of players to progress to Orlando City's Academy and First Team. Partnerships with clubs like Chargers will support the pathway for players to achieve this. I've been impressed with how Roberto and his Academy staff are developing players and I'm looking forward to working with them for the foreseeable future."
                        I guess to break it down in very simple terms; if a family of a Clearwater Charger player is willing to pay $70K/year then they can play DA at MV and erase the dotted line and only have to deal with the solid line to OC.

Comment

It is a closer dotted line to drive to Montverde than the old OC.

Comment

This means nothing to Chargers stop jumping on our coat tails and f off

Comment

It is a closer dotted line to drive to Montverde than the old OC.

"It provides our players with a pathway to professional soccer...." The pathway now leads to a High School!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X