Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I couldn't care less what school it is. You didn't answer the most important questions:
    1. Why would the club president have the power to "insist" on that?
    2. Why would the HS coach roster a lesser quality team?

Without this information we will just assume your daughter is whining to you about her friends not being on the team. Do you have first-hand knowledge of the relative skills of the players in question, or are you taking your daughter's word for it? Yeah, that's what I thought.
    Do you always answer your own questions? What an azz. Re-read the OP's comments. I know what team this is. I don't know if the club president insisted on it, but it is extremely coincidental that an entire club's U16 team makes varsity over other returning players. And yes, I have first-hand knowledge of their skills. 1 rock star. The others are average. Definitely not better than what was there.

Comment

So your saying there wasn't a single senior on this team last year?
      2 seniors

Comment

Juniors can't play JV .

Comment

Juniors can't play JV .
          Seniors can't play JV. Juniors can.

Comment

Do you always answer your own questions? What an azz. Re-read the OP's comments. I know what team this is. I don't know if the club president insisted on it, but it is extremely coincidental that an entire club's U16 team makes varsity over other returning players. And yes, I have first-hand knowledge of their skills. 1 rock star. The others are average. Definitely not better than what was there.
            Once again you strike back with an emotional response but ignore the actual questions. You are implying that shenanigans took place but you have no insight into the decision-making process and no plausible theory on why this happened. There are lots of factors that go into player selection. I do know two things for sure: 1. A local club president has no authority over high school varsity player selections, and 2. there is no reason for a HS coach to pick less skilled players for his team.

The only conclusion we can reach is that the selected players were better than the relegated ones and you and/or your daughter just don't like it. Welcome to the real world. The one that doesn't revolve around you and your daughter.

Comment

Seniors can't play JV. Juniors can.
              Not in West Florida .
              Only freshman and sophomores can play JV .

Comment

Once again you strike back with an emotional response but ignore the actual questions. You are implying that shenanigans took place but you have no insight into the decision-making process and no plausible theory on why this happened. There are lots of factors that go into player selection. I do know two things for sure: 1. A local club president has no authority over high school varsity player selections, and 2. there is no reason for a HS coach to pick less skilled players for his team.

The only conclusion we can reach is that the selected players were better than the relegated ones and you and/or your daughter just don't like it. Welcome to the real world. The one that doesn't revolve around you and your daughter.
                Bingo

Comment

Not in West Florida .
                  Only freshman and sophomores can play JV .
                  I think those kinds of rules are set differently from school to school. No uniform rule at all from FHSAA.

Comment

Hahaha. So quick to defend a situation that you have no knowledge about. Or your daughter is positively affected by this coincidental choice of a team. Hello kettle, meet pot. What a douche.

Ever hear the term, "where there is smoke, there is fire"? And for your answers to your half-ass assumptions: 1. the club president has a huge amount of influence over the HS team. He could very easily have restricted his players from any type of HS play. That equals 80% of the varsity team and 75% of the JV team. What would the HS program do then? You are an imbecile to think the two are mutually exclusive. 2. see number 1, sh!thead.

And in your closing, as is typical with most uneducated morons, you deflect the conversation and AGAIN try to place blame on the player. Read my posts. Not a single negative comment about any player, only the process. Yeah, good job douche bag.

Anyways, we'll see how this plays out in a few weeks when the truth emerges. Let me know how you like your crow served.

Comment

Hahaha. So quick to defend a situation that you have no knowledge about. Or your daughter is positively affected by this coincidental choice of a team. Hello kettle, meet pot. What a douche.

Ever hear the term, "where there is smoke, there is fire"? And for your answers to your half-ass assumptions: 1. the club president has a huge amount of influence over the HS team. He could very easily have restricted his players from any type of HS play. That equals 80% of the varsity team and 75% of the JV team. What would the HS program do then? You are an imbecile to think the two are mutually exclusive. 2. see number 1, sh!thead.

And in your closing, as is typical with most uneducated morons, you deflect the conversation and AGAIN try to place blame on the player. Read my posts. Not a single negative comment about any player, only the process. Yeah, good job douche bag.

Anyways, we'll see how this plays out in a few weeks when the truth emerges. Let me know how you like your crow served.
                      You are so quick to strike back with juvenile insults instead of facts or logic. A club president has no authority to tell his players they can't play HS and no authority to tell a HS coach who he can pick for the team. You have nothing to back up your implied accusation except your own selfish paranoia.

You say "what would the HS program do then" without the club players, but you said earlier that better players were relegated. If what you claim is true it sounds like they would do just fine with your daughter and her friends.

How do you expect the truth to emerge "in a few weeks"? What is that truth, exactly? Do you think the club president and HS coach will call a joint press conference to announce their collusion?

Name-calling and insults aren't exactly the hallmark of an educated person. Someone with more intelligence than you might have done a little investigation before making baseless accusations on an anonymous message board. I think anyone reading this can easily tell who the uneducated moron is.

Comment

You are so quick to strike back with juvenile insults instead of facts or logic. A club president has no authority to tell his players they can't play HS and no authority to tell a HS coach who he can pick for the team. You have nothing to back up your implied accusation except your own selfish paranoia.

You say "what would the HS program do then" without the club players, but you said earlier that better players were relegated. If what you claim is true it sounds like they would do just fine with your daughter and her friends.

How do you expect the truth to emerge "in a few weeks"? What is that truth, exactly? Do you think the club president and HS coach will call a joint press conference to announce their collusion?

Name-calling and insults aren't exactly the hallmark of an educated person. Someone with more intelligence than you might have done a little investigation before making baseless accusations on an anonymous message board. I think anyone reading this can easily tell who the uneducated moron is.
                        This response is awesome. You have no knowledge of the situation or as you stated, "don't care," but you jump right into defending an unknown HS team and unknown club. Or do you really know? Hmmm. Your responses are coming across a bit too personal. Am I pushing a sensitive button? Is this too close to home?

And you fu*kng idiot (<--see what I did there, more juvenile insults), a club president may restrict their players from HS play at any time. You know how? Hey players, anyone caught at a HS team will be benched from league play. Very simple. Some clubs even have that in their contracts.

Those relegated players you remembered? Members of the same club. The new players?
                        Same club. So, no, the HS team would not survive without the players. Please try to keep up. I work with retards all day, but I need you to be a higher functioning one.

Truth is already there. Blatantly obvious. No press conference needed. Actions of the HS coach and club will show that in the coming weeks. Already heard from another parent that 2 players were added today from the same U16 team, but they were never at tryouts. Damn, another unsubstantiated coincidence!

Comment

Not even DA. HS soccer has become ridiculously political. My daughter's team just had multiple returning junior and sophomore players relegated to JV to make room for 8 new freshmen. They are from the local travel team. The club's President (whose daughter is in the group) insisted that these players be put on varsity together. 2 of the new players did not even go to tryouts, because they were already told it was a done deal. There are 2-3 decent players, but no way all the newbies beat out the others.

How is that for bullsh!t?
                          The freshmen players may be all that but put them on JV and earn their place. Tell the freshmen that many will be moved up for different games to help out Varsity.

Comment

This response is awesome. You have no knowledge of the situation or as you stated, "don't care," but you jump right into defending an unknown HS team and unknown club. Or do you really know? Hmmm. Your responses are coming across a bit too personal. Am I pushing a sensitive button? Is this too close to home?

And you fu*kng idiot (<--see what I did there, more juvenile insults), a club president may restrict their players from HS play at any time. You know how? Hey players, anyone caught at a HS team will be benched from league play. Very simple. Some clubs even have that in their contracts.

Those relegated players you remembered? Members of the same club. The new players?
                            Same club. So, no, the HS team would not survive without the players. Please try to keep up. I work with retards all day, but I need you to be a higher functioning one.

Truth is already there. Blatantly obvious. No press conference needed. Actions of the HS coach and club will show that in the coming weeks. Already heard from another parent that 2 players were added today from the same U16 team, but they were never at tryouts. Damn, another unsubstantiated coincidence!
                            I have no personal knowledge of your situation but I hear false accusations in the soccer community all the time. It's always someone with a personal grudge, and there is never any evidence offered. Your rants have all the usual symptoms. Your angry responses mean that my questions, which you still haven't bothered to answer, are getting under your skin. You're taking this so personally you forgot to step back and ask yourself whether your theory actually makes any sense (hint: it doesn't).

BTW, there is smoke without fire all the time, otherwise every criminal trial would end with a guilty verdict. Good luck with your crusade against the evil conspiracy.

Comment

I have no idea what team this is, but I hope the freshman start and win the state championship just to shut up people like you who think they're entitled to everything.

Comment

Will someone please post the name of the school so we can all follow how this plays out?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X