Oregon and Oregon State

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we be real for a sec? Any player getting a roster spot on ANY PAC-12 team is amazing, and kudos to her! Whether the top or the bottom of the conference, getting to live that experience as a student-athlete in one of the top conferences in the nation for your sport is such a great opportunity. I know quite a few adults that played in the PAC10/PAC-12 as student athletes and I don't have any clue what their records were when they played, but every single one said it was an incredible experience and one of the best experiences of their lives. Any Oregon girl that accomplishes that, we should be happy for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Can we be real for a sec? Any player getting a roster spot on ANY PAC-12 team is amazing, and kudos to her! Whether the top or the bottom of the conference, getting to live that experience as a student-athlete in one of the top conferences in the nation for your sport is such a great opportunity. I know quite a few adults that played in the PAC10/PAC-12 as student athletes and I don't have any clue what their records were when they played, but every single one said it was an incredible experience and one of the best experiences of their lives. Any Oregon girl that accomplishes that, we should be happy for her.
      Stanford, UCLA, Cal, Arizona, UW & USC = experience as a student-athlete in one of the top conferences in the nation

Colorado, Utah, WSU & Arizona State = experience similar to playing for the US Men's National team

Oregon & Oregon State = experience similar to the Western Athletic Conference

Comment

Like I said before, let's try to be real...

Comment

Stanford, UCLA, Cal, Arizona, UW & USC = experience as a student-athlete in one of the top conferences in the nation

Colorado, Utah, WSU & Arizona State = experience similar to playing for the US Men's National team

Oregon & Oregon State = experience similar to the Western Athletic Conference

You really don't know much about the conference. To say that Colorado, Utah and WSU is similar to the USMNT shows just how ignorant you are about the league. And Arizona has been a bottom dweller the past couple of years.

Comment

Hansen takes the Oregon job. It’s a big job and would be the only job she would leave SJSU for.

Portland can’t get the recruits and really is the same level as the SJSU job sadly.
            Yes most definitely an asst at a successful will take the Portland job. I bet it will be a UCLA asst. Someone who thinks they can right the program. It’s gonna be tough for Portland to dig out of their hole as pacific and St. Mary’s appear to be rising and BOTH are more highly rated academic institutions.

OSU is focused on righting the ship on football. They aren’t concerned with the women’s soccer program at all. Linus lives in.
            What's that above your head? Is that a clue? Why don't you reach up and grab that clue before you post next time.

Comment

Gonzaga righted the ship overnight with a good coaching hire. Oregon and Oregon State could do the same thing if they got their act together. Portland already has some very promising coaches inquiring about the position. UP is going to get a very good coach.

Comment

Gonzaga righted the ship overnight with a good coaching hire. Oregon and Oregon State could do the same thing if they got their act together. Portland already has some very promising coaches inquiring about the position. UP is going to get a very good coach.
                They are 2-2 in conference. There wins were against San Francisco and Pacific.

There out of conference wins were against South Dakota, Omaha, Mount Royal, etc..

They had a great result with a tie against SMU, but SMU's record is 5-5-3 and 0-3-1 in conference.

Comment

They are 2-2 in conference. There wins were against San Francisco and Pacific.

There out of conference wins were against South Dakota, Omaha, Mount Royal, etc..

They had a great result with a tie against SMU, but SMU's record is 5-5-3 and 0-3-1 in conference.
                  The point being made is that with a new coach a team like Gonzaga is FAR more competitive across the board regardless of whom they've beaten or played to this point. Comparing last year with this year you will see a world of difference. Do the same for Portland and you will understand that they are moving in the WRONG direction.

Comment

The point being made is that with a new coach a team like Gonzaga is FAR more competitive across the board regardless of whom they've beaten or played to this point. Comparing last year with this year you will see a world of difference. Do the same for Portland and you will understand that they are moving in the WRONG direction.
                    The data does not really support your point.

Gonzaga had a bad year last year with only 1 conference win.

The year before they were 4-4-1. This year they are 2-2. I would not say they are FAR more competitive across the board....

Portland is definitely moving in the wrong direction. I just don't agree with your Gonzaga statement. They are not even the best team in Spokane right now considering they lost to Eastern Washington this year. Eastern Washington is 7-1-1

Comment

You really don't know much about the conference. To say that Colorado, Utah and WSU is similar to the USMNT shows just how ignorant you are about the league. And Arizona has been a bottom dweller the past couple of years.
                      Arizona didn't make the playoffs last year but to say they have been a bottom dweller says you don't know the conference very well. Two years ago they made the sweet 16, and the second round the year prior to that. That just shows how strong the PAC12 really is to end mid-conference but make the sweet 16 the same year.

Comment

If OSU and UO get better, who is UP going to beat?

Comment

If OSU and UO get better, who is UP going to beat?
                          If UP gets a new coach, what will be your excuse for UP not recruiting your daughter?

Comment

If UP gets a new coach, what will be your excuse for UP not recruiting your daughter?
                            that she is not good enough

Comment

Arizona didn't make the playoffs last year but to say they have been a bottom dweller says you don't know the conference very well. Two years ago they made the sweet 16, and the second round the year prior to that. That just shows how strong the PAC12 really is to end mid-conference but make the sweet 16 the same year.
                              gonzaga played a soft non conference to gain confidence. if they can knock off the SO cal colleges I'll be a believer.

Comment

The data does not really support your point.

Gonzaga had a bad year last year with only 1 conference win.

The year before they were 4-4-1. This year they are 2-2. I would not say they are FAR more competitive across the board....

Portland is definitely moving in the wrong direction. I just don't agree with your Gonzaga statement. They are not even the best team in Spokane right now considering they lost to Eastern Washington this year. Eastern Washington is 7-1-1
                                Oh my bad I thought we were talking hoops. And Eastern Washington isn’t in Spokane. Buy a map.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X