Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What loser parents would move into a house where your kids have to attend that crap hole Sunset? Those parents must hate their kids an awful lot to send their kids to that piss poor academic school. Ditto Aloha, Beaverton, Westview, and Liberty. All crap schools.
    Not everyone can afford to buy a house anywhere they want. Besides Jesuit & other private schools, which public high schools are good?

Comment

Not everyone can afford to buy a house anywhere they want.
      I didn't know that homes that feed into Sunset, Westview, Aloha, Beaverton and Liberty were so cheap. If they are, there must be a reason for this.

Besides Jesuit & other private schools, which public high schools are good?
      The Internets are usually a good place for this information.

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...schools/oregon

A reprint of the above from the Oregonian

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/...h_schools.html

And no signs of Aloha, Sunset, Westview, Beaverton, Liberty... apparently they are crap schools.

Comment

I didn't know that homes that feed into Sunset, Westview, Aloha, Beaverton and Liberty were so cheap. If they are, there must be a reason for this.

The Internets are usually a good place for this information.

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...schools/oregon

A reprint of the above from the Oregonian

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/...h_schools.html

And no signs of Aloha, Sunset, Westview, Beaverton, Liberty... apparently they are crap schools.
        Westview is #7 on the list and only outranked by Portland area West Linn, Lakeridge & Wilsonville - all southern suburbs. Beaverton Science & Tech is #1 in the state but limited enrollment is by lottery and ability and they don't have sports so not really relevant from a soccer standpoint. Summit & Mountain View in Bend are both in the top 10
        So maybe we should all consider moving to Bend.

Comment

So maybe we should all consider moving to Bend.
          Or to the WL/LO area.

Comment

Pretty confident she is not on here, those girls' parents are more the type that let their kids shine on their own and it would be totally out of character for that family to "pimp" any of their kids on any social media. According to you, any mention of Arizona, Onyx, or PAC-12 is their fault, really? And how do you determine that in an anonymous forum? It doesn't matter, no one cares anyway, you are so unbelievable. Even though she is not on here, that doesn't mean that there are not other people that wish the best for those kids, me included. Pretty sure you are a certain Sunset Dad, that wears a lot of orange and black. There is no one else in the youth soccer community in this area as vile as that guy, and the only person I can think of who would just randomly attack players and parents on here, so you must be him. I credit you with any negative and vile comment about Onyx or Jesuit, it is so obvious.
            Are you referring to the Sunset dad who's daughter left her official visit early for a HS dance and also stole a jacket from OSU. Keep it classy

Comment

Pretty confident she is not on here, those girls' parents are more the type that let their kids shine on their own and it would be totally out of character for that family to "pimp" any of their kids on any social media. According to you, any mention of Arizona, Onyx, or PAC-12 is their fault, really? And how do you determine that in an anonymous forum? It doesn't matter, no one cares anyway, you are so unbelievable. Even though she is not on here, that doesn't mean that there are not other people that wish the best for those kids, me included. Pretty sure you are a certain Sunset Dad, that wears a lot of orange and black. There is no one else in the youth soccer community in this area as vile as that guy, and the only person I can think of who would just randomly attack players and parents on here, so you must be him. I credit you with any negative and vile comment about Onyx or Jesuit, it is so obvious.
              So, defending both Onyx and Jesuit (even though Jesuit hasn't been brought up at all in this thread). So, what Onyx kids went to Jesuit? Hmmmm, you sure outed yourself pretty fast there mom. Didn't think that one through, did you?

Comment

Or to the WL/LO area.
                Too much traffic time if you work in the Westside area. Westview is #7 in the state. Not bad.

Comment

Too much traffic time if you work in the Westside area. Westview is #7 in the state. Not bad.
                  So funny. Parents will drive all over the area to taxi their kids to practice without regard to traffic, however when it comes to something as important as education, they pull the "too much traffic time" excuse. Way to have your priorities straight there dad.

Comment

So funny. Parents will drive all over the area to taxi their kids to practice without regard to traffic, however when it comes to something as important as education, they pull the "too much traffic time" excuse. Way to have your priorities straight there dad.
                    Plenty of good schools and soccer on the Westside. Westview, ISB, Beaverton Science & Tech, Jesuit, etc. Education is first in our family.

Comment

Plenty of good schools and soccer on the Westside. Westview, ISB, Beaverton Science & Tech, Jesuit, etc. Education is first in our family.
                      There are many different ways of categorizing a "good school".

The methodology employed by the links given previously in this thread, and by the specific Beaverton-area schools mentioned above, seem to boil down to "not many poor people live/go there".

All the Beaverton public schools provide excellent opportunities for talented and motivated students; BSD is well-funded and well-run. OTOH, some of them have larger number of poor students, and higher incidents of the social pathologies associated with poverty. (OTOH, other districts, particularly those with lower levels of funding, make it hard for anyone to get a really good education).

Comment

If I want to send my kids to Crossfire, I can do so no matter where in the Portland area I live.

If I want to send my kids to Lake Oswego HS, I have to live in the district boundaries. I can't live in Aloha or Felony Flats and have my kids attend LOHS.

And if you ask many residents of Lake Oswego what they like about the place, I'm sure that for many, not having to rub shoulders with people from Aloha or Felony Flats is high on the list. People are willing to pay a LOT of money to not live near whoever they consider to be riff-raff.

Comment

If I want to send my kids to Crossfire, I can do so no matter where in the Portland area I live.

If I want to send my kids to Lake Oswego HS, I have to live in the district boundaries. I can't live in Aloha or Felony Flats and have my kids attend LOHS.

And if you ask many residents of Lake Oswego what they like about the place, I'm sure that for many, not having to rub shoulders with people from Aloha or Felony Flats is high on the list. People are willing to pay a LOT of money to not live near whoever they consider to be riff-raff.
                          Another person who thinks they know everything....

Lake Oswego HS does have open enrollment:

Students (no limit) were accepted for incoming grades 6-8 at Lakeridge Junior High School (LJHS).

Students (no limit) were accepted for incoming grades 9-10 at Lakeridge High School (LHS).

10 students were accepted for incoming grade 9 at Lake Oswego High School (LOHS).

Comment

ISB High School is located in Aloha and part of Beaverton School District:

ISB Named #1 High School in Oregon

This week U.S. News & World Report published the 2014 Best High Schools rankings and ISB is ranked #1 among public high schools in Oregon and #26 in the nation. These rankings are based on state and IB test scores from the 2011-12 school year. ISB was also ranked #1 in 2012, but fell off the rankings because of the way in which the organization interpreted ODE reports for schools in which 100% of students meet/exceed state benchmarks. We are happy to have the hard work of all members of our school community recognized again. Congratulations to the hardworking faculty and staff who support our goal of IB for All. Kudos to our staff, students, parents, and graduates who dedicate themselves to our school mission to actively embrace intellectual rigor, intercultural respect, service to our local and world communities, and the promise of a peaceful world.

Comment

This week U.S. News & World Report published the 2014 Best High Schools rankings and ISB is ranked #1 among public high schools in Oregon and #26 in the nation. These rankings are based on state and IB test scores from the 2011-12 school year. ISB was also ranked #1 in 2012, but fell off the rankings because of the way in which the organization interpreted ODE reports for schools in which 100% of students meet/exceed state benchmarks. We are happy to have the hard work of all members of our school community recognized again. Congratulations to the hardworking faculty and staff who support our goal of IB for All. Kudos to our staff, students, parents, and graduates who dedicate themselves to our school mission to actively embrace intellectual rigor, intercultural respect, service to our local and world communities, and the promise of a peaceful world.
                              I live in Beaverton and am familiar with ISB; it is a good school. It's a magnet school, not a neighborhood school, so it's student body is self-selected (there is a lottery to get in, as the school typically receives more applicants than it has room for).

My comment was intended to the sort of school rankings that focus on average or median performance, rather than looking at the opportunities and results for motivated students, and which--as a result--tend not to identify schools which are well-run, but schools which serve wealthier communities. Of course Lakeridge and Riverdale and a few others are going to score high--their district boundaries are Lake Wobegon. Any school can look good if at-risk populations are kept out (whether by explicit admissions policy, as is the case with many private schools, or by being located in a rich neighborhood where the poor cannot afford to live).

Comment

But how many people on here send their kids to ISB? None. However a number of posters on here send their kids to those other crappy west side schools like Aloha, Sunset, Liberty, .... It's all the people who are either too lazy or too poor to live near LO or WL-Wilsonville.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X