X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeper Training

Hi
    Anyone have a keeper their kids like to train with. Previous isn't always available.

Looking for a day a week and open to groups U14/15+

Thanks

Are you offering GK training or looking for GK training?

We have some dedicated GK sessions at Tilton Sports Center, you can email info@lrusoccer.com for more details.

Thanks!

Comment

I assume your player is a town travel player or perhaps just high school? If so I want to mention first how club teams have “in house” training and some clubs are better than others. NH Stars, for example has a dedicated keeper trainer who works with the GKs 1-2 times per week, every week during the seasons. That’s in contrast to GPS NH who is lucky to hold a large group graining of far too varied age groups 3-4 times a month and they are encouraged to practice with their team vs GK training if it conflicts. Training is vital to a GK and bad habits are many and hard to break. At U14/15 I would offer advice to your player to work hard to change what needs to be changed and the sooner the better.
      There are many GK trainers out there and very few are worth listening to - I’ve seen many tell their students the complete wrong thing to do and have no idea about correct positioning and technique.
      I would try contacting the NH Stars/ODP trainer Rob Fuller who offers training groups outside of those organizations.
      Rfuller@starsofma.org. Nklacademy@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I assume your player is a town travel player or perhaps just high school? If so I want to mention first how club teams have “in house” training and some clubs are better than others. NH Stars, for example has a dedicated keeper trainer who works with the GKs 1-2 times per week, every week during the seasons. That’s in contrast to GPS NH who is lucky to hold a large group graining of far too varied age groups 3-4 times a month and they are encouraged to practice with their team vs GK training if it conflicts. Training is vital to a GK and bad habits are many and hard to break. At U14/15 I would offer advice to your player to work hard to change what needs to be changed and the sooner the better.
        There are many GK trainers out there and very few are worth listening to - I’ve seen many tell their students the complete wrong thing to do and have no idea about correct positioning and technique.
        I would try contacting the NH Stars/ODP trainer Rob Fuller who offers training groups outside of those organizations.
        Rfuller@starsofma.org. Nklacademy@gmail.com
        Wonder what organization you're a part of and what organization you don't like????

There are clearly more than one GK trainer out there and each club has there own approach (right or wrong).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X