Complaints about Travel on the Higher Leagues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Soccer DA and US CLUB SOCCER ECNL operate through local clubs and they can’t control what these clubs do? Therein lies the problem. No checks on the local youth clubs to mandate that the young teams are traveling all over for tournaments to get other clubs to in turn send players back to its tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Well, even when the club rents the buses it's on the "parent dime." It is just more cost effective for the team, managers, coaches, etc. to all ride on the bus - it keeps costs down. I thought all clubs had that figured out?
      Right so you have to miss all of Friday classes for a bus ride...and get home midnight Sunday night...great. This sounds awesome for a 7th and 8th grader. Oh yeah, this prepares them for College as if they need 6 years for preparation of riding on a bus.

Comment

Right so you have to miss all of Friday classes for a bus ride...and get home midnight Sunday night...great. This sounds awesome for a 7th and 8th grader. Oh yeah, this prepares them for College as if they need 6 years for preparation of riding on a bus.
        and the national events require even more missed school - DA and ECNL.

Comment

Oh, C'mon Man. Spare us the drama. Daughter is doing well in I.B. what is the big deal?

Comment

Oh, C'mon Man. Spare us the drama. Daughter is doing well in I.B. what is the big deal?
            Exactly. If anything, it teaches the kids to be proactive, plan ahead, and to communicate with higher ups. With technology the way it is, it’s like the occasional work at home day. I know my daughters team all does their homework together on the bus and they have fun with it (aka team building)

Comment

Exactly. If anything, it teaches the kids to be proactive, plan ahead, and to communicate with higher ups. With technology the way it is, it’s like the occasional work at home day. I know my daughters team all does their homework together on the bus and they have fun with it (aka team building)
              Teachers don’t always agree. College dual enrollment teachers expect them to be present as it is a college course and the high schools can not set the college grading policies.

Comment

Teachers don’t always agree. College dual enrollment teachers expect them to be present as it is a college course and the high schools can not set the college grading policies.
                Our HS has very strict attendance policies and many teachers are very uncooperative when your kid starts to miss a decent number of days. We have to get pre-approval for any missed days that aren't sick days. Missing school for sports goes over like a lead balloon. I was talking with some parents at nationals from a NE state. They get out much later than we do but they also had a ton of missed school snow days (like our hurricane days lol) and some had to arrange to take finals early because they weren't out of school yet.

Comment

Careful, if you drink the Kool Aid too quick yo may choke.

Comment

Careful, if you drink the Kool Aid too quick yo may choke.
                    You can rot your teeth out also with all that sugar.

Comment

Our HS has very strict attendance policies and many teachers are very uncooperative when your kid starts to miss a decent number of days. We have to get pre-approval for any missed days that aren't sick days. Missing school for sports goes over like a lead balloon. I was talking with some parents at nationals from a NE state. They get out much later than we do but they also had a ton of missed school snow days (like our hurricane days lol) and some had to arrange to take finals early because they weren't out of school yet.
                      Yes, and missing one day of a dual enrollment course is like missing a week of high school classes.

Comment

Yes, and missing one day of a dual enrollment course is like missing a week of high school classes.
                        Juniors and seniors are taking full AP and Dual Enrollment schedules to try to get the GPA up to the high college entrance standards in Florida. UF and FSU could care squat if a student played competitive travel soccer. GPA and Test scores are about 100% of the criteria used for the computers to make the top cut. They already have athletes bringing the mean down and will be looking for the STEM geniuses. They can bring in the psychology, history and art majors from the community colleges in two.

Comment

talking-soccer

talking-soccer!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X