X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah right, hahahaha!
    Well, you can always email these coaches and ask if they were here. I stand by my post.

Comment

Well, you can always email these coaches and ask if they were here. I stand by my post.
      https://scoutingzone.com/TournamentA...ScoutAttendees

List of coaches at the NPL Finals in 2017. Less than half of that published list bothered showing up. Expect the same in Colorado next week. Nobody cares about NPL

Comment

List of coaches at the NPL Finals in 2017. Less than half of that published list bothered showing up. Expect the same in Colorado next week. Nobody cares about NPL
        That's shockingly horrible.

Comment

Nobody cares about soccer in general. Let the kids enjoy what ever final they are at this year.Rich wimpy white kids play soccer to have fun not to make living from it.

Comment

Nobody cares about soccer in general. Let the kids enjoy what ever final they are at this year.Rich wimpy white kids play soccer to have fun not to make living from it.
            And rich Newton parents send their kids to Portugal to "go pro".

Comment

Always have to make it racist....

Comment

You missed Babson. They were there too. Your list is correct, probably more we did not see. The coaches I saw and spoke with were identifiable. The doubters (liars) can just email those coaches. They were in attendance.

Comment

And rich Newton parents send their kids to Portugal to "go pro".
                  They send their kids to grad school not soccer school.

Comment

They send their kids to grad school not soccer school.
                    Bottom line is that the ENPL Playoffs are the strongest non-Academy boys playoffs out there. Competition was good and there were plenty of college scouts in Lancaster. Playoff results also showed pretty conclusively that the NPL leagues are equivalent--and arguably a bit better--than the ECNL Boys Leagues. More relevant for this board's purposes, NE-NPL is plainly a better option than the New England entries to Boys ECNL. Congrats to the NE teams who made it to the final four .

Comment

Bottom line is that the ENPL Playoffs are the strongest non-Academy boys playoffs out there. Competition was good and there were plenty of college scouts in Lancaster. Playoff results also showed pretty conclusively that the NPL leagues are equivalent--and arguably a bit better--than the ECNL Boys Leagues. More relevant for this board's purposes, NE-NPL is plainly a better option than the New England entries to Boys ECNL. Congrats to the NE teams who made it to the final four .
                      Blah, blah, blah... burp.

Comment

You missed Babson. They were there too. Your list is correct, probably more we did not see. The coaches I saw and spoke with were identifiable. The doubters (liars) can just email those coaches. They were in attendance.
                        Okay, I'll email these fictitious coaches. Get right on it. Dude, everyone knows that NPL is total crap.

Comment

The strongest is USYS Nationals.

Comment

The strongest is USYS Nationals.
                            Actually, the linkages between the tourneys this year clearly show that is not the case. This year, New England teams sent third or fourth tier teams and they performed well at USYS regionals. Bolts and nefc had lower level teams that made it to the semis at the usys regionals. Those teams were slotted below both the ENPL and the NPL teams that competed in Lancaster. Connecting all the playoffs on the boys side this year worked pretty well for all.

Comment

Bottom line? This is your opinion...probably because your kid plays in NPL.

The reality is that ECNL is new so it is tough to tell what's going to happen. But that argument has been exhausted here.

Right now the best teams (NPL or ECNL) depends on the age group. It's also tough to determine the better team when the divisions are so watered down...Bolts now have DA, ECNL and NPL...but if you look at GPS they only have NPL. However I saw in one bracket that Bolts ECNL beat GPS Red.

Bottom line is that your 'Bottom Line' is just your opinion and none of this crap matters. Just because you say NPL is the best doesn't make a college coach want to recruit your kid. If you ask college coaches they are going to say that ECNL is perceived higher than NPL (it's actually been posted by a couple coaches in TS).

Comment

Actually, the linkages between the tourneys this year clearly show that is not the case. This year, New England teams sent third or fourth tier teams and they performed well at USYS regionals. Bolts and nefc had lower level teams that made it to the semis at the usys regionals. Those teams were slotted below both the ENPL and the NPL teams that competed in Lancaster. Connecting all the playoffs on the boys side this year worked pretty well for all.
                                I would say this is still Club / State / Region specific. Overall I would say (Boys) National League = ECNL = NPL with no clear "we are the next best after DA" I do not think attending college coaches are posted yet for National League championship but I'll speculate the "quality" (and this is subjective) of colleges attending will attest to (Boys) National League = ECNL = NPL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X