Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSC question

Can anyone tell me the difference between a premier blue and a premier white team? Got paperwork at tryout for premier and select teams but coaching list doesn't have a select team at our age group, just premier blue and white. Are they equal or is one better?

I believe Blue is higher. Their hierarchy is:

GDA
    NPL
    Premier Blue
    Premier White

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Can anyone tell me the difference between a premier blue and a premier white team? Got paperwork at tryout for premier and select teams but coaching list doesn't have a select team at our age group, just premier blue and white. Are they equal or is one better?
      Yes, as the other poster mentioned, blue is always at a higher level than white. Like you, I don't understand why some age groups have a premier blue and a premier white, with no select, while other age groups have only one premier team and then a select team. Might be a coaching thing within that age group, where the two premier team coaches get along and are willing to treat the group as a pool, train together and send kids up and down during the year, whereas the premier/select setup has two coaches on different practice schedules and teams are kept pretty much separate through the year. IDK.

Comment

Yes, as the other poster mentioned, blue is always at a higher level than white. Like you, I don't understand why some age groups have a premier blue and a premier white, with no select, while other age groups have only one premier team and then a select team. Might be a coaching thing within that age group, where the two premier team coaches get along and are willing to treat the group as a pool, train together and send kids up and down during the year, whereas the premier/select setup has two coaches on different practice schedules and teams are kept pretty much separate through the year. IDK.
        Thanks to both of you. I found it confusing, especially given that the paperwork lists a premier and a select, while the coaching assignments list a premier blue and white. At least I know the hierarchy now!

Comment

They would charge less for the "select" teams... but you are at a lower division, etc.... But probably a lot of times the premier white should be/could be considered "select", but they don't so they could charge more. It can go many different ways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X