Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long?

My daughter tried out for a U12 team. How long do we typically have to wait to hear back? Tryout was Wednesday. They didn't say, that I heard. Not trying to be impatient but her town team wants an answer too and she is not going to play on both.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter tried out for a U12 team. How long do we typically have to wait to hear back? Tryout was Wednesday. They didn't say, that I heard. Not trying to be impatient but her town team wants an answer too and she is not going to play on both.
    Anywhere from later that night to within a week.

Comment

Anywhere from later that night to within a week.
      Thanks. I guess we'll just hold the town team off as long as possible and hope we hear. A dad there was saying they'll start by offering spots for the A team and work their way down so I guess the longer we wait the less chance of getting on the upper teams.

Comment

Thanks. I guess we'll just hold the town team off as long as possible and hope we hear. A dad there was saying they'll start by offering spots for the A team and work their way down so I guess the longer we wait the less chance of getting on the upper teams.
        The more secure spots are notified quicker, but also I wouldn't trust another sideline dad. Often, they (we) know our little world and don't understand the others....

Comment

If you are talking about Seacoast or GPS and your only concern is receiving an offer or not, you will almost certainly be getting one. They almost never turn players away and will take on a partial team, hoping to fill it by the time Fall rolls around. If you were looking to make the top team and have not heard back by now, at best your player is on the bubble.

Comment

If you are talking about Seacoast or GPS and your only concern is receiving an offer or not, you will almost certainly be getting one. They almost never turn players away and will take on a partial team, hoping to fill it by the time Fall rolls around. If you were looking to make the top team and have not heard back by now, at best your player is on the bubble.
            Thank you, very helpful. It seems there's going to be 3 teams. Of course she was hoping for A but doesn't look like that's a strong possibility at this stage. I am sure she'd love to play on the B team too, which should be a step up in terms of competition from where she's been. Not sure if it's C vs town what she's going to do so hopefully we will hear soon. Unfortunately I was not able to watch the tryouts to see how she fit in.

Comment

Thank you, very helpful. It seems there's going to be 3 teams. Of course she was hoping for A but doesn't look like that's a strong possibility at this stage. I am sure she'd love to play on the B team too, which should be a step up in terms of competition from where she's been. Not sure if it's C vs town what she's going to do so hopefully we will hear soon. Unfortunately I was not able to watch the tryouts to see how she fit in.
              If she's a top B team player she could move up to A over time. I agree don't bother with C. She's still young and there are other options out there as well that will be better than many town programs.

Comment

If she's a top B team player she could move up to A over time. I agree don't bother with C. She's still young and there are other options out there as well that will be better than many town programs.
                Any suggestions on other options? All she wants to do is play on a team with other kids that love the game and she wants to play all year, not just fall and spring. She isn't the most talented kid but she absolutely loves the game. It certainly seems like she isn't even going to be offered B team at this point. Any other ideas? I'm completely open to suggestion.

Comment

Great song by Ace.
                  https://youtu.be/Vo_GMMLULXw

Comment

Any suggestions on other options? All she wants to do is play on a team with other kids that love the game and she wants to play all year, not just fall and spring. She isn't the most talented kid but she absolutely loves the game. It certainly seems like she isn't even going to be offered B team at this point. Any other ideas? I'm completely open to suggestion.
                    Commitment is an issue no matter the team. We’re on an NPL team and some kids only make 75% of the practices...

Comment

Commitment is an issue no matter the team. We’re on an NPL team and some kids only make 75% of the practices...
                      I see. Thanks for the info. My D woke up today and said she has decided to play on the town team and stick with futsal on her own in the winter. She said if this club does ever get back to us, just to pass. I think the waiting to hear is frustrating her and she just wants to accept her spot like all her friends have. Maybe we'll try again another year when she's able to be more patient.

Comment

I see. Thanks for the info. My D woke up today and said she has decided to play on the town team and stick with futsal on her own in the winter. She said if this club does ever get back to us, just to pass. I think the waiting to hear is frustrating her and she just wants to accept her spot like all her friends have. Maybe we'll try again another year when she's able to be more patient.
                        Another way of looking at what she did is that she was being decisive. Just my two cents from the sidelines. All the best.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X