Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Meant one is not necessarily better or worse.
    Except we have the former, masquerading as the latter so infinitely worse.

Comment

Except we have the former, masquerading as the latter so infinitely worse.
      I think the situation becomes pretty clear to most that bother to pay attention by 12 or 13 or so.

Comment

Meant one is not necessarily better or worse.
        They are both about the same. The only difference is whether you want to play HS or not. My guess is that over time girls will migrate away from HS, just like the boys have.

Comment

They are both about the same. The only difference is whether you want to play HS or not. My guess is that over time girls will migrate away from HS, just like the boys have.
          Comment was not about HS or not, that is immaterial. Comment was about our system which generates money by providing a service to paying players. Versus a system which generates money by providing a service to paying soccer clubs

Comment

Comment was not about HS or not, that is immaterial. Comment was about our system which generates money by providing a service to paying players. Versus a system which generates money by providing a service to paying soccer clubs
            Now you’ve lost me. Who do the clubs pay?

Comment

Now you’ve lost me. Who do the clubs pay?
              Just mentioning the same argument made forever.

The US system will produce lots of "champions" in lots of leagues because that is what funds the system financially. System generates money from players paying to be on "champion" teams.

Rest of world will produce as much top level talent as they can find because that is what generates money because the clubs pay for that talent and the lower levels make money if they can sell a player.

Comment

Just mentioning the same argument made forever.

The US system will produce lots of "champions" in lots of leagues because that is what funds the system financially. System generates money from players paying to be on "champion" teams.

Rest of world will produce as much top level talent as they can find because that is what generates money because the clubs pay for that talent and the lower levels make money if they can sell a player.
                Yup. Whelp, we don’t have real clubs here, we got the mls.

The euro style rules wouldn’t be legal in the US either. For one, minors can’t enter contracts, and second, there would be significant anti-trust concerns to overcome.

Comment

Yup. Whelp, we don’t have real clubs here, we got the mls.

The euro style rules wouldn’t be legal in the US either. For one, minors can’t enter contracts, and second, there would be significant anti-trust concerns to overcome.
                  Makes no difference which system is better or worse or which one you or I prefer. All that is out of anyone's' control. We have the system we have and if you understand it, you can make the best choice for your player and not get misled.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Makes no difference which system is better or worse or which one you or I prefer. All that is out of anyone's' control. We have the system we have and if you understand it, you can make the best choice for your player and not get misled.
                    Well said.

Comment

The Girls U-15 roster was announced for the 2018 CONCACAF Championship and all but one of the players was on a DA team. Neither kid from Select. Is this a one off or is US Soccer going to continue this trend of leaving non-DA kids off the national team rosters?

Comment

The Girls U-15 roster was announced for the 2018 CONCACAF Championship and all but one of the players was on a DA team. Neither kid from Select. Is this a one off or is US Soccer going to continue this trend of leaving non-DA kids off the national team rosters?
                        I think this roster.is mostly younger kids.cuz the regular.u-15s have something else going on, but I may be wrong. Anyway, a local kids was directly told at the last camp that she was the best player they had at her position, but that the coach wouldn't take her cuz she didn't play DA. Like it or not, that cat is out of the bag.

Comment

I think this roster.is mostly younger kids.cuz the regular.u-15s have something else going on, but I may be wrong. Anyway, a local kids was directly told at the last camp that she was the best player they had at her position, but that the coach wouldn't take her cuz she didn't play DA. Like it or not, that cat is out of the bag.
                          And this effects exactly one maybe 2 players in the state so they can be sure to factor that inro their soccer desicions.

Comment

It will only get worse. They are sending a very clear and deliberate message.

Comment

And this effects exactly one maybe 2 players in the state so they can be sure to factor that inro their soccer desicions.
                              Agreed. 99.99% of the people should not be looking at the program, any program, for NT plans. That issue, alone, should not drive the decision.

Comment

It will only get worse. They are sending a very clear and deliberate message.
                                Well, if they end up taking a bunch of 2nd stringers instead of the absolute very best, then they will not perform as well at these events. It works both ways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X