Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Default Holy Cross Menís Soccer - whatís going on?

They are 0-5 this season having had losing seasons the last FIVE years!!!

When are we going to see real change?!?
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The days of HC being a strong athletic school are long gone and likely never to return.
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:

Theyíre Holy Cross! What do you expect? Someone has to be worst in their conference every season.
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Confused as to why people expect Holy Cross to have good athletics. Wasn't that years and years ago?
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Let me guess, is Marco Koolman on the way out? If you keep grinding this axe like this youíll have nothing but a handle in no time.
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Confused as to why people expect Holy Cross to have good athletics. Wasn't that years and years ago?
Bob Cousy
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Bob Cousy
Here's the bottom line. Holy Cross is the number one rated school in the entire country - across all of D1 - in terms of academic performance of its student athletes.

That comes at a price....but it's well worth paying. HC should drop to D3 and clean up.
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Here's the bottom line. Holy Cross is the number one rated school in the entire country - across all of D1 - in terms of academic performance of its student athletes.

That comes at a price....but it's well worth paying. HC should drop to D3 and clean up.
I donít think u can blame it on academics. The head coach takes a lot (if not all) of the blame. If it was all due to academics, why is the HC womenís soccer team doing much better?
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I donít think u can blame it on academics. The head coach takes a lot (if not all) of the blame. If it was all due to academics, why is the HC womenís soccer team doing much better?
I guess if you call 2-2-3 "much better." The only wins are against Bryant and St Francis Brooklynn (never heard of it). They went 5-12 last year and I think had a rough year before that as well.

Look HC is a solid school but it doesn't have the same name recognition outside of the region and the location doesn't do it any favors either. Better players are going to be drawn elsewhere.
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:

Link please? Lots of colleges make all kinds of claims - I can't tell you how many schools told us their food service was "rated the highest." But yes, maybe D3 would be a better fit for them.