Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just know if you hand me two rosters, and one has a club's best players and one has their second players, I'm going to look at their best players 100% of the time.

Yes, I know, the Lowell Spinners get their audience and it's a darn good time. A lot cheaper than going to the Sawx and a lot more convenient. Oh, wait...you mean to tell me the Spinners are going to charge the same, and play their games at night in Boston?

No thanks.
    Why don't you have your kid quit soccer entirely, then?

And, for the record, if a college coach is comparing a top club's "B" ECNL roster that is in 3rd place in their division and another club's only ECNL team that is in last place and has a -17 goal differential and they decide to recruit exclusively from the bad "A", err, ONLY team, they won't have a job for long....

Comment

I just know if you hand me two rosters, and one has a club's best players and one has their second players, I'm going to look at their best players 100% of the time.

Yes, I know, the Lowell Spinners get their audience and it's a darn good time. A lot cheaper than going to the Sawx and a lot more convenient. Oh, wait...you mean to tell me the Spinners are going to charge the same, and play their games at night in Boston?

No thanks.
      You do know this whole thread started with a disgruntled parent who was upset their kid was on a "B" team and he felt strongly that his kid was "A" material. You are singlehandlly putting his kid down and telling him she is right where she belongs. Stars must believe she is a 2nd rate player because in your twisted world there is the "best" and everyone else.

I guess you don't like what you see when you look in the mirror because there is nothing in your posts that suggests you are the "best" at anything but talking s**t.

Comment

Fact: coaches recruit players not teams. We have already determined this player is an 05 or younger so that puts the kid in 7th or 8th grade as she has already been playing games. Those teams will change several times before your recruiting time comes. If your kid is good enough, she will get your JD at some point. (Be careful what you wish for. He is not right for every kid). My advice to you is to leave Stars and go to a strong New England NPL program. Save some money on travel and stockpile it so you can target some colleges and attend their camps so her soccer can speak for itself. Have her really concentrate on school and her SATs. Not too many full rides out their and we already know your daughter is not a unicorn.

Listen carefully to this next piece of advice. CHILL OUT! None of this is helping your kid! If you don’t chill, your kid will be miserable and for what? Youth soccer!

Comment

You do know this whole thread started with a disgruntled parent who was upset their kid was on a "B" team and he felt strongly that his kid was "A" material. You are singlehandlly putting his kid down and telling him she is right where she belongs. Stars must believe she is a 2nd rate player because in your twisted world there is the "best" and everyone else.

I guess you don't like what you see when you look in the mirror because there is nothing in your posts that suggests you are the "best" at anything but talking s**t.
          I've heard this repeated several times, but I have yet to see a post from anyone who thinks their kid should've been on the better of the two teams.

Maybe YOU can be the one who can point that out?

Comment

Fact: coaches recruit players not teams. We have already determined this player is an 05 or younger so that puts the kid in 7th or 8th grade as she has already been playing games. Those teams will change several times before your recruiting time comes. If your kid is good enough, she will get your JD at some point. (Be careful what you wish for. He is not right for every kid). My advice to you is to leave Stars and go to a strong New England NPL program. Save some money on travel and stockpile it so you can target some colleges and attend their camps so her soccer can speak for itself. Have her really concentrate on school and her SATs. Not too many full rides out their and we already know your daughter is not a unicorn.

Listen carefully to this next piece of advice. CHILL OUT! None of this is helping your kid! If you don’t chill, your kid will be miserable and for what? Youth soccer!
            Weird how accepting some of you are to Sales Deceit. It's funny, I always worked with sales reps who would lie and cheat their way to a sale, and deal with the customer fall-out after.

I guess it applies to club management as well.

Comment

Weird how accepting some of you are to Sales Deceit. It's funny, I always worked with sales reps who would lie and cheat their way to a sale, and deal with the customer fall-out after.

That’s like everyone in sales.

Comment

That’s like everyone in sales.
                Oh I get it. And, most customers get upset about it and don't defend the sales rep.

Comment

Over and over again this poster has not responded when pressed on whether he asked which team his daughter would be on, who would be coaching AND whether the two teams would be equal in terms of skill level. If he signed an offer for his daughter without asking these specific questions, that's on him.

Comment

Over and over again this poster has not responded when pressed on whether he asked which team his daughter would be on, who would be coaching AND whether the two teams would be equal in terms of skill level. If he signed an offer for his daughter without asking these specific questions, that's on him.
                    And, over and over again this poster has never made any commentary that they feel their child should be considered one of the top 20 players. Over and over again they make a continued statement that the teams would be equal, so you take the top 20 players, and put 10 on it. Over and over again they comment that the questions were asked, and even posters attempting to disparage him give different answers: Some say it was explained they would be equal in the meeting, some say it was never explained that same way, and even some say one would be an idiot for thinking they would be equal.

It's incredible how difficult this is to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      And, over and over again this poster has never made any commentary that they feel their child should be considered one of the top 20 players. Over and over again they make a continued statement that the teams would be equal, so you take the top 20 players, and put 10 on it. Over and over again they comment that the questions were asked, and even posters attempting to disparage him give different answers: Some say it was explained they would be equal in the meeting, some say it was never explained that same way, and even some say one would be an idiot for thinking they would be equal.

I was at the meeting. No one leaving that meeting could be under the impression that they would be two equal teams. They are competing in the same league, and there will be opportunities to move between the two. But there was never, ever a representation of two equal teams. There was the hope to have two strong teams, and in some age groups there are. Period.

Comment

I was at the meeting. No one leaving that meeting could be under the impression that they would be two equal teams. They are competing in the same league, and there will be opportunities to move between the two. But there was never, ever a representation of two equal teams. There was the hope to have two strong teams, and in some age groups there are. Period.
                        Thank you for your report.

Some heard differently. And, some still think they are equal today....

Comment

So when the poster asked, specifically, which team his child would be on (should have been clear on the offer) and whether the two teams were equal in terms of skill level, did JD lie and say, "Yes, both teams are equal in terms of skill level."?

I seriously doubt that. More than likely, this poster never asked the questions.

I'm sure Stars have plenty of players that would like a spot on that team. He should head over to the GPS NPL team... you'll pay just as much for less exposure, but it's an "A" team, which is all that matters.....

I feel bad for this guy's kid... really...

Comment

So when the poster asked, specifically, which team his child would be on (should have been clear on the offer) and whether the two teams were equal in terms of skill level, did JD lie and say, "Yes, both teams are equal in terms of skill level."?

I seriously doubt that. More than likely, this poster never asked the questions.

I'm sure Stars have plenty of players that would like a spot on that team. He should head over to the GPS NPL team... you'll pay just as much for less exposure, but it's an "A" team, which is all that matters.....

Wait, I read right on this very thread that the teams are equal. People 100% think they are.

So, which is it?

You Stars people are fvckin' loons. Can't even come up with the same story. Like "yeah DA DA DA DA DA!!!" then "No, ECNL is for Girls". "It's the same team, all equal" "Never said they'd be equal" "We got the impression they were".

This is messed up.

Comment

Daddy clearly burned some bridges on the way out of his D's old club. NPL - ECNL - NPL doesn't look good though. Should move to Scorpions ECNL to maintain the league level or simply STFU and get his D to work on her game.

Comment

Daddy clearly burned some bridges on the way out of his D's old club. NPL - ECNL - NPL doesn't look good though. Should move to Scorpions ECNL to maintain the league level or simply STFU and get his D to work on her game.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You couldn't be more off-base, but keep swinging.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X