Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are Yankee and FSA players training at OW

It appears that starters from Yankee and FSA ECNL are trying to switch to Oakwood because their college coaches want them training with better coaches and players. In looking at the playing time of freshman in college who played at all three clubs I see why, thoughts?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It appears that starters from Yankee and FSA ECNL are trying to switch to Oakwood because their college coaches want them training with better coaches and players. In looking at the playing time of freshman in college who played at all three clubs I see why, thoughts?
    FakeNews, plus there's already a thread on this.

Comment

FakeNews, plus there's already a thread on this.
      Real news, sorry to say.

Comment

Not to pile on Yankee, but how many of their girls are being recruited at a level where the college coach tells them "You need more competition?"

Comment

Not to pile on Yankee, but how many of their girls are being recruited at a level where the college coach tells them "You need more competition?"
          None. Look at the other thread on this topic and someone posted their list and FSA's. They are not schools that would be pushing for it. NPL is fine for almost all of them.

Comment

from another thread, because there aren't enough about OW after all

Let's look at YU 2000 commits to start. Do we think these schools will push hard for players to move to GDA? UCONN might be the exception but that players isn't on this year's roster (typical Yankee). They aren't top programs. ECNL would certainly suffice and in this area would actually be preferred.

Western Connecticut State University
            Ohio Wesleyan
            Connecticut College
            Kenyon College
            Springfield College
            Saint Michaels College
            Catholic University
            Post University (2)
            Wesleyan
            Uconn
            Delaware Valley University

FSA ECNL and NPL (mostly ECNL)

Dartmouth College 2019
            Yale University 2019
            Central Connecticut State University 2019
            Central Connecticut State University 2019
            Merrimack College 2019
            Virginia Military Institute 2019

Marist College 2018
            Wagner College 2018
            Middlebury College 2018
            Clark University 2018
            West Point 2018
            Emory Oxford College 2018
            Central Connecticut State University 2018
            Endicott College 2018
            Belmont Abbey College 2018 College 2018
            The College of The Holy Cross 2018
            Albertus Magnus College 2018
            University of Hartford 2018
            Merrimack College 2018
            Central Connecticut State University 2018
            St. John's University 2018
            Wesleyan University 2018
            Trinity College 2018
            Stonehill College 2018
            Wheaton College 2018

If any YU or FSA players are bailing for OW it's because their recruiting options are more limited at their current clubs.

Comment

Nice Try Moron. What a douche

Comment

I actually do believe this. I have heard of two different Yankee players training at different clubs and playing with different clubs. Not sure if WM knows about it. Doubt he does because they are his top girls and he is known for his hatred of CFC.

Comment

I actually do believe this. I have heard of two different Yankee players training at different clubs and playing with different clubs. Not sure if WM knows about it. Doubt he does because they are his top girls and he is known for his hatred of CFC.
                  fake news

Comment

from another thread, because there aren't enough about OW after all
                    wait....Delaware Valley University???? A first for me! What division is that?

I checked them out....how is this for success......"With five MAC Freedom playoff berths and one appearance in the ECAC South Region Championships, the Aggie women's soccer program has certainly seen its share of success since being elevated to varsity level in 1994."

5 playoff berths in 25 years?

Senior night. Lost 0-5 to Desales University
                    Homecoming Lost 0-6 to Misericordia University

They do have an varsity E sports co-ed team which is pretty cool

Comment

wait....Delaware Valley University???? A first for me! What division is that?

I checked them out....how is this for success......"With five MAC Freedom playoff berths and one appearance in the ECAC South Region Championships, the Aggie women's soccer program has certainly seen its share of success since being elevated to varsity level in 1994."

5 playoff berths in 25 years?

Senior night. Lost 0-5 to Desales University
                      Homecoming Lost 0-6 to Misericordia University

They do have an varsity E sports co-ed team which is pretty cool
                      What a colossal douchè you are.

Comment

That would require them to LEAVE YU. You can't just train at other clubs, especially not GDA. No way in hell WM would put up with it regardless.

Comment

So if this thread and the other one pushing this rumor is just an OW plant, think about the absurdity of that. OW thinking getting YU and FSA players is a big deal? Come back when OW gets KL or other top ECNL players. Then there's something to talk about.

Comment

What a colossal douchè you are.
                            Yes no need to bash individual choices. If kids are happy with their choices that's all that matters. Let's just say the list is not chock full of top soccer programs and has none that would be pushing for players to move to GDA.

Comment

So if this thread and the other one pushing this rumor is just an OW plant, think about the absurdity of that. OW thinking getting YU and FSA players is a big deal? Come back when OW gets KL or other top ECNL players. Then there's something to talk about.
                              thats funny
                              first of all YU kids arent driving to Portland-they already know how to pass a ball sideways and backwards
                              better chance at FSA-they at least have a shorter drive

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X