Ny gda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the point of this stupid post? This is not a league competition of a tournament with brackets where all the teams in a bracket compete with each other.

This is showcase. Choose any games where one of these teams comped against the same opponent and let us know of the result That could have some insight into the quality of the tea i suppose.

The above is just a waste of time unless you include some information about the quality of the opposition these teams were facing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There's plenty of 4-0 range games, some even worse.

Overall the NE plus LISC W-L-T GF/GA went 20-44-6 and 109-193

No so good:

Empire: Club 1-5-1; 8-17
      U15 0-3-0; 3-10
      U17 1-2-1; 5-7

NYSC: Club 1-8-0; 6-28
      U15 1-2-0; 1-7
      U17 0-3-0; 2-8
      U19 0-3-0; 3-13

Oakwood CLub 0-8-1; 10-33
      U15 0-2-1; 4-9
      U17 0-3-0; 2-11
      U19 0-3-0 4-13

Seacoast Club 0-6-0; 1-12
      U15 0-3-0; 0-7
      U17 0-3-0 1-5

LISC U15 1-2-0; 5-15

OK performance or closer games

NEFC Club 3-6-0; 24-26
      U15 2-1-0; 10-6
      U17 1-2-0; 8-9
      U19 0-3-0; 6-11

NYCFC Club 2-3-4; 13-25
      U15 1-0-2; 4-3
      U17 1-2-0; 8-15
      U19 0-1-2; 1-7

Alby Club 4-5-0; 11-28
      U16 3-0-0; 6-2
      U17 1-2-0; 4-5
      U19 0-3-0; 1-21

Did Very Well

Fury Club 8-1-0; 31-9
      U15 2-1-0; 5-3
      U17 3-0-0; 15-4
      U19 3-0-0; 11-2
      You're joking right? So you are one of those base it all on wins and losses. Good luck with that. You think the numerous scouts at each sideline were thinking. "well they lost, nothing more to see here." Right.

Comment

What is the point of this stupid post? This is not a league competition of a tournament with brackets where all the teams in a bracket compete with each other.

This is showcase. Choose any games where one of these teams comped against the same opponent and let us know of the result That could have some insight into the quality of the tea i suppose.

The above is just a waste of time unless you include some information about the quality of the opposition these teams were facing.
        USSF generally does a good job matching similar teams, at least "on paper" similar. Most NE teams lost to teams they're supposed to be close to. Simple explanation.

Comment

You're joking right? So you are one of those base it all on wins and losses. Good luck with that. You think the numerous scouts at each sideline were thinking. "well they lost, nothing more to see here." Right.
          They were saying that but it wasn't because of the losses

Comment

USSF generally does a good job matching similar teams, at least "on paper" similar. Most NE teams lost to teams they're supposed to be close to. Simple explanation.
            If you intend to put any stock in results, then have them play the same team in real life out on a soccer field and not on paper. Then you can report back with your win loss analysis and it might be more useful.

Comment

If you intend to put any stock in results, then have them play the same team in real life out on a soccer field and not on paper. Then you can report back with your win loss analysis and it might be more useful.
              Those are the results. NY/NE teams lost twice as many games as they won vs similarly matched teams.

Comment

What new clubs, if any, will be looking to join the GDA for the 2019-20 season? Will the Red Bull’s join? Will there be any other teams in the Northeast?

Comment

What new clubs, if any, will be looking to join the GDA for the 2019-20 season? Will the Red Bull’s join? Will there be any other teams in the Northeast?
                  Long Island could use another club

Comment

Not the Op. The scouts were probably thinking why am I wasting my time when one team is playing keep away after 20 min of a lopsided game. Nothing to see here!! The showcases should be somewhat competitive so that if a scout comes to watch your kid they can see her competing at her best. Not just chasing the ball around the field.

Comment

Long Island could use another club
                      Definitely not enough on LII!

Comment

If I were a college coach, I would be saying to myself, hmmmm her team isnt great, but she is the real deal, glad I got to see her in person, now let me invite her to our clinic, and see if she can compete with older and better players.

Comment

Why would anyone want to? I'd wait another year to see where things shake out. The area is oversaturated as it is, clearly. The league i's much too unsettled also

Comment

If I were a college coach, I would be saying to myself, hmmmm her team isnt great, but she is the real deal, glad I got to see her in person, now let me invite her to our clinic, and see if she can compete with older and better players.
                            The real deal lol. There wasn't much of that happening with local teams. The competition, yes.

Comment

The real deal lol. There wasn't much of that happening with local teams. The competition, yes.
                              My daughter has a full-ride to a top D1, how about you douce-breath?

Comment

My daughter has a full-ride to a top D1, how about you douce-breath?
                                So why would she be looking for a ID camp invite?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X