Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I’m not going to argue about talent vs. FSU, UNC, and UVA. They are loaded for sure. All three of those state schools have built in advantages in recruiting compared to Duke. Certainly easier to recruit quality depth.

Think about that measuring stick though....Who is as talented as those 3 teams? I’d say only USC, UCLA, and Stanford.
    What are the built-in recruiting advantages?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Here endeth the thread
      Mark my words...Duke wins the next three titles!

Comment

Mark my words...Duke wins the next three titles!
        Sure, sure. Are we talking women's soccer or basketball, baseball and lacrosse. Because if it's the last three, then you may be right.

Comment

in the last 2 years, duke has lost almost all of its best players. I dont see any readymade replacements close to the level they are losing. Better hope this recruiting class is special.

Comment

Can you all stop responding to the troll please. The one making all obnoxious brag posts about Duke and local girl is actually a big hater troll and you guys fall for it every time.

Comment

Can you all stop responding to the troll please. The one making all obnoxious brag posts about Duke and local girl is actually a big hater troll and you guys fall for it every time.
              Now why would someone do that??

Comment

See you next year!

Comment

What are the built-in recruiting advantages?
                  In-state tuition for one. Duke isn’t cheap for anyone...in state or not.

State funded academic scholarships. Example: Florida has Bright futures that pays 100% tuition and books at highest level ( I think 3.5 and 29 act). Huge advantage for public schools recruiting high level in state players...NC, Florida, California.

Comment

State funded academic scholarships. Example: Florida has Bright futures that pays 100% tuition and books at highest level ( I think 3.5 and 29 act). Huge advantage for public schools recruiting high level in state players...NC, Florida, California.
                    This recruiting advantage can’t be understated when you have strong in-state talent. Very easy way to recruit talent, even talent for depth...

Comment

Further, most state school tuitions for in state and out of state is usually much cheaper than any private university. So if coach is carving up scholarships, they have more impact in a state school setting where even throwing a nominal scholarship has real value. Offering $5,000 vs. $60,000 per year not as attractive as $5,000 vs. $28,000 per year.

So agree with poster, huge advantage for public/state schools and recruiting whether in-state or not.

Comment

There is no doubt that Erwin is the next HC.
                        He gone.

Comment

He gone.
                          well the ones who knew on here told you all along he would NEVER get the HC job so Indiana it is.

U-20 WNT set to Nike friendlies. only 8 College kids. Strange

Comment

well the ones who knew on here told you all along he would NEVER get the HC job so Indiana it is.

U-20 WNT set to Nike friendlies. only 8 College kids. Strange
                            Do you think he saw writing on the wall that Church isn’t going anywhere anytime soon?

Perhaps he wanted to get experience running his own program making himself more capable to potentially take over the Duke reigns?

Was he never getting the job cause he was unqualified, too polarizing, or a girlfriend thing?

Comment

What is the temperature of the team? Didn't he do a large amount of the recruiting? Anyone jumping ship?

Gonna miss surfer dude at Duke.

Comment

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll...=2018&nopage=0

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X