2013 Boys Eastern MA HS Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is a very strong group dropping down. The D2 section is loaded now!

QUOTE=Unregistered;1058598]Here is a list of the teams going from Div 1

Only one team came into div 1
    Southeastern Reg. Voc/Tech School
    There are now 26 teams in div 1 south, you can look up all the divs on the MIAA site.
    [/QUOTE]

That team probably shouldn't be allowed to compete in D-1, even if they have the numbers. They play in a division with other mediocre D-3/D-4 teams and tend to struggle.

Comment

Here is a list of the teams going from Div 1 South to Div 2:
      DARTMOUTH
      Oliver Ames High School
      Nauset
      Greater New Bedford
      Walpole
      CM
      Dighton-Rehoboth Regional HS
      FALMOUTH
      WHITMAN HANSON
      STOUGHTON
      BOSTON ENGLISH
      New Mission
      Only one team came into div 1
      Southeastern Reg. Voc/Tech School
      There are now 26 teams in div 1 south, you can look up all the divs on the MIAA site.
      Incorrect about southeastern RVT. They're in D2 per the miaa list.

Comment

with the drop of all these schools - does anyone think that d2 south is just as good as d1 south?
        No. Just look it up and see how these schools fared vs d1 recently. Of course in any sample, there will be some that did well, maybe nauset and Oliver Ames in 2012. Many of these teams, especially those with good records, had few d1 opponents. So collectively, doubt you could make the case that d2 is as good as d1.

Comment

What is the biggest turn around a town has made from one season to another? as in going from very few wins to a lot the next season

Comment

Newton North went from about a four win season in 2009, to sectional champs in 2010 I believe

Comment

Newton North went from about a four win season in 2009, to sectional champs in 2010 I believe
              although they had 7 regular season wins in 2010

Comment

What is the biggest turn around a town has made from one season to another? as in going from very few wins to a lot the next season
                SJP went from 7-6-4 or something in 2009 to 13-3 and Catholic conference champs in 2010, not sure if those were the exact records but it's close.

CM had the really bad turnaround after they won the state title in 09' and went 4-9-5 in 2010, then rebounded to 12-6-2... 8 win difference.

OA went from 4-9-5 in 2010 and then had 12 wins in 2011.

I doubt these are the biggest turnarounds but it's just a few I can think of.

Comment

Norwood girls

Norwood went 4-13-3 and then 13-4-3 the following 6 or 7 years ago.

SJP went from 7-6-4 or something in 2009 to 13-3 and Catholic conference champs in 2010, not sure if those were the exact records but it's close.

CM had the really bad turnaround after they won the state title in 09' and went 4-9-5 in 2010, then rebounded to 12-6-2... 8 win difference.

OA went from 4-9-5 in 2010 and then had 12 wins in 2011.

I doubt these are the biggest turnarounds but it's just a few I can think of.

Comment

although they had 7 regular season wins in 2010
                    Regular season is better indicator of quality, whereas tournament often has Cinderella stories

Comment

oa went from 2-14-1 in 08 to 15-3-3 in 09 and into the sectional quarters - my kid played on that team. huge turn around

Comment

I remember probably 10-12 years ago, Saugus had a record of 15-0-3, swept Danvers in the regular season, defeated them 5 or 6 to 0 in both contests, only to lose to the same Danvers team in the first round of the playoffs. I believe Saugus was well below .500 the previous season, but not 100% sure.

I want to say that Dennis-Yarmouth had a very good season, while following it up after a mediocre season the year before.

What about Watertown last year, going 6-6-3 in 2011 to go 15-3-6 last year and a trip to the D-3 EMass Finals?

How about worst franchises to best franchises over a 10 year period?

Comment

Working...
                        X