2013 Boys Eastern MA HS Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you suggesting they'll be a league leader this year, or that they'll test some of the leaders in a few games while on the bubble of tournament qualification. Big difference. It's doubtful they can score consistently enough to threaten the others.
    I believe they have enough to at least tie all the big teams and execute against the bad teams. That will make for a very nice record.

Comment

I believe they have enough to at least tie all the big teams and execute against the bad teams. That will make for a very nice record.
      I could name some of the players who are for sure scoring threats. And like it was said before, the keeper is a monster.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see CM and Xaverian in the catholic conference with both BCH and Prep losing alot. Cm and xaverian both have good core group returning

Comment

I think this is as wide open a Bay State League as I've seen in a while. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the teams take the Carey division with the possible exception of Newton North. They were pretty weak last year and I don't know how much they improved.

Comment

I could name some of the players who are for sure scoring threats. And like it was said before, the keeper is a monster.
            You're discussing Weymouth? Seems like they should be good, because they always are. And the keeper is excellent, but it's also a valid point that said keeper was scored on multiple times this past weekend. Defending is all 11, not just the backs and the keeper.

Comment

Is "very nice" the 3-9-4 W-L-T record of last year? An even record against the big teams would be like 3-3-4, then maybe 3-1-1 against the small teams, so maybe 6-4-5 overall. Would that be a "very nice" record?

Comment

You're discussing Weymouth? Seems like they should be good, because they always are. And the keeper is excellent, but it's also a valid point that said keeper was scored on multiple times this past weekend. Defending is all 11, not just the backs and the keeper.
                Peak early then fizzle like always! Just like Crusaders! But he will get 3 or 4 on BS All Star list. Never has a D1 recruit. Go Rockets!

Comment

Marshfield won the Weymouth booster tournament with good teams like SL Nauset and Weymouth...even though its indoor it is still an accomplishment

Comment

Agree that North should improve, but will be surprised if they lead the league. Isn't it the same coach as last year? Didn't the team fall rather than rise? The coach needs players.
                    just plain awful------ last once again

Comment

Marshfield won the Weymouth booster tournament with good teams like SL Nauset and Weymouth...even though its indoor it is still an accomplishment
                      Too bad the 2 best players on that team left and went to privates

Comment

In the Bay State Conference, keep in mind that an "opt-out" rule was adopted for 2013-14. In boys soccer, Dedham and Norwood reportedly maxed their limit of 3 and will not play Framingham, Needham and Weymouth. Let's hope these teams can schedule opponents similar to their own size to fill these holes. Weymouth has behaved this way in scheduling non-league games in the past. Needham less so. Framingham, not sure. What they should do is look to some of the DCL Large teams, Greater Boston League, and especially for Framingham, the C.Mass. teams like Algonquin and the bigger Worcester schools.

The standings will look weird among the smaller schools, especially among the D2s, with Norwood having 3 less league games than Milton and Walpole. Milton will be most negatively affected, as they are not sheltered by that rule of playing 3/4 of games against higher-division teams now. Walpole is in the same scheduling situation as Milton, but probably has a good enough team to still qualify for the post-season, especially if they can add non-league games against D2 or 3 teams. Norwood still is probably not helped enough in their scheduling, because Braintree, Brookline, NN, 2xNatick, 2xWalpole and 2xWellesley translates to 7-9 losses. Dedham, now moved down to D3, can still shelter themselves via the 3/4 rule. Even opting out of 3 Bay State games, their remaining 13 are all against schools in a higher division. They thus need to find 1-4 non-league opponents in D3 or 4, and manage a .500 record in that subset of games. Some of the Boston City League teams are D3 (Boston Latin, O'Bryant, Snowden International), which would be the wise course for Dedham to take. There are other D3s in the vicinity like Wayland, Weston and the TriValley leaguers, but they would pose a bigger challenge for Dedham.

Comment

no sympathy, lots of towns have good players at privates

Comment

To which school(s) did they transfer?

Comment

Is "very nice" the 3-9-4 W-L-T record of last year? An even record against the big teams would be like 3-3-4, then maybe 3-1-1 against the small teams, so maybe 6-4-5 overall. Would that be a "very nice" record?
                              I just don't think there are 10 big games per season. I was thinking 2-3-2 against needham, wellesley, weymouth and framingham, and 6-1-2 against the others. Thats 8-4-4

Comment

Zpyhf8

I was talking about Brookline

Comment

Working...
                                X