X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A few things-

First , who is SH and what school is he from?

And too settle this whole governors debate - they are a team with (from what I observed when they visited my sons school) four good players.. 1 in the back and 3 in the middle. However the are only as strong as their weakest link(s). Looked like many JV caliber guys playing at the varsity level. This results in lack of solid attack and defense when the ball reaches these weaker players.

And lastly, I think it has to be assumed that Aku is the strongest player. Easily the most class in the league. TD has time to grow and develop and will continue to b
    e an asset to his squad.

SH (Ah) cm for Lawrence. Plays for revs and u15 national team.

Comment

"If Rivers played at their normal level......" Rivers also tied BH. That's what good defenses do. What team doesn't have injuries by now.

Lawrence also has 2 ties. I think there are some pretty capable teams out there and any given game can result in a surprise.
      Does anyone know as to whether it was Milton's defense or Rivers level of play that contributed to the lack of Rivers' goals?

As to the injuries: Rivers had at one point 5 starters from last year injured. And, I believe, some of those players are currently still injured. Rivers has the most injuries this year of any ISL team. Unfortunate, however it is apart of the game.

Comment

Does anyone know as to whether it was Milton's defense or Rivers level of play that contributed to the lack of Rivers' goals?

As to the injuries: Rivers had at one point 5 starters from last year injured. And, I believe, some of those players are currently still injured. Rivers has the most injuries this year of any ISL team. Unfortunate, however it is apart of the game.
        Milton outplayed rivers and rivers offense really isn't that good against a good team. AndLawrence had their 2 best players injured for the majority of the season.

Comment

TD was shutout against Milton for the first time this year but he did have plenty of opportunities so I wouldn't say that it was all due to Milton's defense. Also Rivers has played some very good teams this year including South Kent!

Comment

In the last minutes of the Rivers-Milton game rivers seemed to have scored on a free kick which went over the goal line but was not counted

Comment

In the last minutes of the Rivers-Milton game rivers seemed to have scored on a free kick which went over the goal line but was not counted
              ^But you fail to mention that Rivers scored on a rebound off the free kick the very same play. It wasn't like Rivers should've won the game there; they scored anyway.

Comment

Hmmmm, I was also at the game and didn't see your free kick reference...but did see a game in which about 70% of the calls went in Rivers direction. In fact, both Rivers goals were started off of free kicks inside the 25 that were very debatable calls. In any case, as an objective obsever on a Saturday afternoon (I live a 5 minute walk from Rivers), I would say the game was great soccer, very intense, very clean, and pretty even. Rivers did hit 2 posts in the first half and TD was always dangerous. Milton failed to score on 2 point blank opportunities as well.

For Milton, ML and GBG were regularly a threat. Milton seemed to have more corners, more attack zone throw ins, and for all but the last 20 minutes, won possession in the middle of the field. Not sure what the stats say.

For Rivers, NJ was very good, as was SS. TD had the most skill on the pitch but Milton defense was very solid did enough to keep him off the board. Milton goalie also played well.

Comment

Saturday

I've scouted ISL soccer for years, Rivers has the most talent however a hand full of them are on the bench due to injury. In my humble opion TD ( who is a scoring machine ) needs get his teamates more involved on the offensive side of the field. If he can do that, Rivers walks away with the championship.

Comment

How the top 4 will finish out (in my opinion)

Lawerence
                    Milton
                    Rivers
                    Nobles

I see Lawerence winnning it all unless they are hit with a huge upset. They will be tested by Rivers but I do not see them losing that game.
                    The race between Rivers and Milton for 2nd will very tight as Milton does have an easier schedule towards the end of the year now. Nobles are not a very good team to be honest, so puttin them in 4th was easy.

Lawerence/Rivers/Milton could win the league. But I see Lawerence taking the title.

Comment

Every team has injuries. Milton has had plenty too. That is when team depth comes in which is what Milton has. They had a valuable offensive starter out for Rivers game so they were not at full strength. . I would say if the injured player is a goalie then that can be the most difficult to overcome.

Comment

How the top 4 will finish out (in my opinion)

Lawerence
                        Milton
                        Rivers
                        Nobles

I see Lawerence winnning it all unless they are hit with a huge upset. They will be tested by Rivers but I do not see them losing that game.
                        The race between Rivers and Milton for 2nd will very tight as Milton does have an easier schedule towards the end of the year now. Nobles are not a very good team to be honest, so puttin them in 4th was easy.

Lawerence/Rivers/Milton could win the league. But I see Lawerence taking the title.
                        Nobles still has to play Lawrence, Milton and Rivers, St Marks or BB&N could end up in fourth place if Nobles is unable to get a win out of one of those tough three matches.

Comment

RL 'Box Devourer'

Hasn't been a lot of GK talk on this thread; I was at the RL-Nobles game and was very impressed by the lad OM from RL, he was simply devouring the box from the opening whistle until the end of the game.

Comment

Hasn't been a lot of GK talk on this thread; I was at the RL-Nobles game and was very impressed by the lad OM from RL, he was simply devouring the box from the opening whistle until the end of the game.
                            too bad rl is arguably the worst team in the league

Comment

This joke

I do not think you understand it

Comment

Hey everyone, my son is a freshman on Milton. He doesn't play in every game, but he works very hard. His goal one day is to play in the english premier league. I have an english passport as I was born in England so he will be able to sign with a club as soon as he obtains english citizenship. Wondering if you guys have any club suggestions, based on experience or just personal preference. Figured there wouldn't be a better place to get some knowledgable soccer advice. I guess it would work in your advantage for him to be in England because watch out next year he could be causing problems for your team by bagging some goals! haha well thanks in advance for your help. Like I said, any advice is appreciated. If you want to meet me on the sideline let me know and we can talk it out. All the best to you folks!
                                *** is this a joke?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X