Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rivers prevails against thuggish Brooks squad 2-0. Apparently the game plan called for PJK to man mark TD and chirp in his ear - but he must of turned his head to look at his coach when TD slipped the game winner past him and the goalie. Overall a sloppy game on a slippery field.

The Brooks coach should be embarrassed after what his defenders did to TD. You could hear them saying "go for his ankles!"

Hats off to TD and rest of the rivers team for keeping their cool during the game.

Comment

The Brooks coach should be embarrassed after what his defenders did to TD. You could hear them saying "go for his ankles!"

Hats off to TD and rest of the rivers team for keeping their cool during the game.
      I find that very hard to believe.

Comment

Sadly, this is dead on. Brooks is an incredibly dirty team this year. 5 cards in this game for Brooks including a red. Embarrassing.

Comment

Sadly, this is dead on. Brooks is an incredibly dirty team this year. 5 cards in this game for Brooks including a red. Embarrassing.
          I stand corrected.
          Thank you.

Comment

Aziz has played in one league game and he had 2 goals in that game. He has not played since that first game, yet everyone on this forum THINKS they know everything and claims he has been playing in games. LA is destroying teams without their best pure striker (Akh) so when he comes back LOOK OUT. For the record, I am a Middlesex parent/fan and like watching good soccer.

Having said all of that, RIVERS is the team to beat. They have experience, talent, and understanding of what is necessary. Rivers wins ISL and competes for New Englands... by the way KUDOS to the LA coach - he has brought in quality players (and by the looks of college placement, quality students) and turned his program around quickly.

Having said all of that, Rivers is top dog and I don't see anyone beating them. Let's all root for an ISL New England Champ!

Comment

LA coach should have done more with all this talent last year and he inherited everyone of note but SH, who was sent there by another ISL coach at a school where he couldn't get in. LA coach should be proud of where they are but it is more talent than coaching. Will be interesting to see where the finish up and if they can make a deep tourney run.

Comment

That's upsetting.

Comment

Whatever order they finish up, I am pretty confident that the current top 6 teams (Rivers, Nobles, LA, Milton, St Marks and BB&N) will end up as the top 6 teams in the ISL at the end of the year. I dont see anyone else breaking into that group. Of the remaining teams I think Groton and Middlesex are the most complete and the highest quality teams. Both are tough teams to beat.

Comment

I think there is going to be a big gap in points between BBN and the rest of the league and whatever team out of Milton LA Rivers St.M and Nobles does the worst.

Comment

Brooks had 4 yellows and red against Rivers?!? That's absurd. Anyone at this game that can speak to what happened?

Comment

Brooks had 4 yellows and red against Rivers?!? That's absurd. Anyone at this game that can speak to what happened?
                        An example, there were at least 4 fouls called by assistant ref. After Rivers players have completed the play, Brooks players did not stop, either kick ankles or knee or elbowing or knocking player down. Central ref did not see it as the play was done a few seconds already but assistant ref did. None of them were given yellow card as they should. Could easily 4 more yellow cards to Brooks. One player slip tackled from straight behind with two feet and got yellow card as should be red card. Last year’s Brooks played physical but clear as they are very talented and they know they don’t have to play dirty to win games. This year is different story, still have a lot of good players but dirty for a few of them. That is very disappointed to see they fell into the category of not able to win so try to hurt other players. Brooks will be a good team next year, and they have to be careful other teams treat them the same way they treated Rivers this year. What goes around, comes around.

Comment

Andover vs. Milton tomorrow should be interesting. Milton tie Exeter earlier, are they the only ISL team playing both?

Comment

SPS dropped 1-0 to Andover and 2-1 to Exeter earlier this year

Comment

Top 3 predictions

LA: once both Aku and ak are healthy this team won't lose.
                              Rivers: TD will carry this team far, but when LA if fully healthy I see them coming in second.
                              Novels: They have had a strong start but rivers and LA are too good.

Comment

I'm still thinking St. Mark's, Milton or RL could upset the apple cart. Let's see where things stand by next Wednesday night.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X