Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is happy with their club and why?

Would love to hear from someone hwo is happy with their club and why they like it....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Would love to hear from someone hwo is happy with their club and why they like it....
    The club my child play at is a non profit. This work out great. All fees paid to the club is tax deductible. That why I am happy with my club

Comment

Bump

man I'd love to hear someone who is happy with their 2006 boys team. the coaching just doesn't seem to be anywhere nears our club. Hoping someone near us chimes in.

Comment

when I lived in other states I was happy with the clubs we were in , not so much in Florida.

Comment

I'm happy because my kid graduates soon and I will be free from this youth soccer prison.

Comment

when I lived in other states I was happy with the clubs we were in , not so much in Florida.
            i feel the same. Soccer in florida is terrible. Parents are crazy, and they think there kids are so good and love telling you that. Reality is there so lost! there kids would play on C teams not DA level teams.

Comment

I'm happy because my kid graduates soon and I will be free from this youth soccer prison.
              Yes! I'm with you. We are done. It was great in the beginning, but in the last 3-4 years, adults fvcked it up big time. They made it a business run by people that can't hold a regular job. A host of acronyms...FSPL, NPL, ECNL, DA. And regardless of the "league," they are taking major advantage of the players (and parents' wallets). College coaches are not much better, but that is a different topic.

Comment

i feel the same. Soccer in florida is terrible. Parents are crazy, and they think there kids are so good and love telling you that. Reality is there so lost! there kids would play on C teams not DA level teams.
                I agree. Florida soccer is terrible! Everyone sucks!

BUT my kid is awesome! He's sooo good. And we are the best parents ever.

PS. My kid even knows the difference between there, they're and their! He's so smart.

Comment

I agree. Florida soccer is terrible! Everyone sucks!

BUT my kid is awesome! He's sooo good. And we are the best parents ever.

PS. My kid even knows the difference between there, they're and their! He's so smart.
                  grammar guy is back

Comment

It’s a shame that not one family is happy with their club....club owners be warned..

Comment

Love our club. Yoga pants everywhere at the fields!

Comment

It’s a shame that not one family is happy with their club....club owners be warned..
                        We were really happy, kids were being developed being taught game understanding, spacing on the pitch. Then we also moved to florida, kids are soft parents are crazy, coaching is beyond terrible and the fees are double. We practice 4 days a week here vs three where we came from. We go from an A license coach to a C. Then we go from a C to a D and we get charged the same rates, and parents say nothing about it. It's taken us two years now to figure out that its a scam.

Comment

You may want to get with your accountant about this. It should not be tax deductible. If it's a 501c3 non-profit, donations made to it (that do not benefit a specific individual, like your child, but rather benefit the collective) will be tax deductible, But payment for services do not become tax deductible because said services were done by a non-for-profit corporation.

The club my child play at is a non profit. This work out great. All fees paid to the club is tax deductible. That why I am happy with my club

Comment

I'm happy with my club, even if it's not perfect and never will be. Older son's team has gotten better each year relative to the competition in the area and the broader state and it has not been from recruiting outside players. Rather, the roster has been 75% the same for 4 years with the 25% being kids from lower teams within the club who have improved and won spots. There is too much travel in Florida for soccer since we live in too large a state and with diluted leagues, but I can't blame the club on that.

Younger son's experience hasn't been as good, but I'm still hoping that in the coming years we see the same develop from within the club rather than outside recruiting. A player here and there is fine, but I like the focus to be on the existing members with organic growth from the younger academy ages on up.

Comment

While I like to see the club having higher licenses, my experience has been mixed with the A and B licensed coaches vs. the younger coaches, closer to having played the game, with the lower licenses. My conclusion is that the license is nice, but take each coach on a case-by-case basis. Some of the A licensed ones are in it for upward mobility, and not the kids. Some are a wealth of experience and knowledge. On the flip side, I've seen younger coaches eager to learn and teach that relate well to the kids as well as ones that are really just trying to win by joysticking. Again, the license is nice, but I've not seen it correlate to good coaching.

We were really happy, kids were being developed being taught game understanding, spacing on the pitch. Then we also moved to florida, kids are soft parents are crazy, coaching is beyond terrible and the fees are double. We practice 4 days a week here vs three where we came from. We go from an A license coach to a C. Then we go from a C to a D and we get charged the same rates, and parents say nothing about it. It's taken us two years now to figure out that its a scam.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X