Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    most technical team in years at CFC by a huge margin.
    Not saying much

Comment

So appease us a bit, what is most important to you? Or what do you think that team is incapable of doing?
      I saw that team play against WC and WC played 10 in the box and CFC moved the ball around all game long like a power play. It was the way a team should do, fast and tactical.

I saw them play against SoCal, who was crushing teams for years at the PDA showcase and after SoCal came out trying to beat CFC like they did every other team for 2 years and go up 1-0 at half. CFC came out and controlled the second half and SoCals roster is full of Stanford, UCLA and USC studs.

CFC and PDA went head to head last Fall in Bethany and it looked like two college teams going back and forth and it wasn't kickball, as you may say. So please tell us what you mean to say or what important thing these girls aren't doing?
      Boy these cfc parents just blather on and on. What a treat

Comment

Boy these cfc parents just blather on and on. What a treat
        Someone should start a CFC scumbags thread

Comment

So appease us a bit, what is most important to you? Or what do you think that team is incapable of doing?
          I saw that team play against WC and WC played 10 in the box and CFC moved the ball around all game long like a power play. It was the way a team should do, fast and tactical.

I saw them play against SoCal, who was crushing teams for years at the PDA showcase and after SoCal came out trying to beat CFC like they did every other team for 2 years and go up 1-0 at half. CFC came out and controlled the second half and SoCals roster is full of Stanford, UCLA and USC studs.

CFC and PDA went head to head last Fall in Bethany and it looked like two college teams going back and forth and it wasn't kickball, as you may say. So please tell us what you mean to say or what important thing these girls aren't doing?
          Either written by a parent or coach. Either way, yes all of that is true but that’s the unicorn team and that won’t be repeated anytime soon if not ever again.

It does show one thing and that’s if CT actually consolidated our best talent on one roster we can compete regionally and nationally. That team literally comes from all over the state. Over time they took kids from Ginga, Yankee and Oakwood and then raided FSA for their 3 top players. They had the best kids in CT in the starting 11 and D1 kids coming off the bench. Most good players wouldn’t stand for coming off the bench.

Lastly, that group was largely put together by parent lead recruiting. Over involved soccer Dads behind the scenes orchestrating things. It worked out for nearly everyone but not a normal CFC team

Comment

Either written by a parent or coach. Either way, yes all of that is true but that’s the unicorn team and that won’t be repeated anytime soon if not ever again.

It does show one thing and that’s if CT actually consolidated our best talent on one roster we can compete regionally and nationally. That team literally comes from all over the state. Over time they took kids from Ginga, Yankee and Oakwood and then raided FSA for their 3 top players. They had the best kids in CT in the starting 11 and D1 kids coming off the bench. Most good players wouldn’t stand for coming off the bench.

Lastly, that group was largely put together by parent lead recruiting. Over involved soccer Dads behind the scenes orchestrating things. It worked out for nearly everyone but not a normal CFC team
            I wouldn’t say never. It’s happened before. CT used to compete very well nationally. However, in the old days, they played state cup and then a good random regional draw and you could be one game from the national semifinals. It is much more difficult now as there are no VT, NH, ME or WV teams at ECNL nationals. The competition improved. The teams didn’t necessarily get weaker. That CFC team is good, but not outrageously good. Let’s see how they do in their last year together.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X