•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great college career. Great player.
    Spent one year at BS. Four years at RB.
    Went to BS for more PT.
    BS doing more PR on this than they deserve.
    Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Plenty of great college players don't have successful pro careers and vice versa. I wish him well, but statistically the odds are poor AND he's going to NE which doesn't have a good track record.
      Agree. Most MLS prospects foregoing college already. To be chosen in the top ten in the college draft is still quite an accomplishment - I wish him well. This kid is very driven - let's see what happens.

Good for Beachside.

Comment

I think one kid getting in is alot for a Club any Club.
        Its shows that there is a pathway, however shaky it may be.
        All of them have the dream to play pro.

The bigger question for the haters is the DA working?

Comment

I think one kid getting in is alot for a Club any Club.
          Its shows that there is a pathway, however shaky it may be.
          All of them have the dream to play pro.

The bigger question for the haters is the DA working?
          Pot stirrer, this has been discussed and never agreed upon. please read the 123,547,345,000 posts from the previous 10 yrs.

Comment

No one is hating on the kid, but the Revs blow. It's unfortunate for him but maybe he'll be able to get out of there quickly.
            Revs were top half of the table (and league) and made the playoffs this past season. I wouldn’t say they blow.

Comment

He was at BS one year. Didn't play much at Red Bulls. College ball - which is like accelerated high school and not about pro development - is not a good predictor of pro success. The Revs own JR, who they screwed over, is in USL. Nearly half the draft each year is foreign players

Comment

Revs were top half of the table (and league) and made the playoffs this past season. I wouldn’t say they blow.
                I think he means Revs blow at giving young players the opportunity to develop. How many players have had first team success in recent years after being drafted by the Revs? It is good for these players that the USL team will be close to the organization now, instead of being shipped off somewhere.

Comment

BS player going to the Revs, pretty much insuring his career will end there
                  How long did he play at BS? He was with Red Bulls for a while I believe.

Comment

He was at BS one year. Didn't play much at Red Bulls. College ball - which is like accelerated high school and not about pro development - is not a good predictor of pro success. The Revs own JR, who they screwed over, is in USL. Nearly half the draft each year is foreign players
                    College is no longer the primary path to the pros on the men's side, but still is on the women's side. No more than a handful of solid pro prospects come out of college each year - so the fact that this BS player was drafted #6 is an impressive accomplishment.

Most of these highly touted college players struggle and end up in the lower tiers of the US game. Just happy to see a solid 2nd and 3rd division USL platform (Hartford Athletic!) now on offer for these kids thus giving them the opportunity to continue to play the game they love.

Comment

How long did he play at BS? He was with Red Bulls for a while I believe.
                      At least 1.5 years.

Comment

At least 1.5 years.
                        I bet that half year made all the difference.

Comment

I bet that half year made all the difference.
                          Listen, at Beachside success is a choice. Henry chose to come to our program from the Red Bulls because this fact is well known. He made the choice and has now had tremendous success. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

College is no longer the primary path to the pros on the men's side, but still is on the women's side. No more than a handful of solid pro prospects come out of college each year - so the fact that this BS player was drafted #6 is an impressive accomplishment.

Most of these highly touted college players struggle and end up in the lower tiers of the US game. Just happy to see a solid 2nd and 3rd division USL platform (Hartford Athletic!) now on offer for these kids thus giving them the opportunity to continue to play the game they love.
                            I would interested in hearing where you determined that "college is no longer the primary path to the pro on the men's side". If you want to play MLS I think college soccer is the path. if you want to play in Europe you are better off leaving immediately (at any age where you make that decision).

Comment

I would interested in hearing where you determined that "college is no longer the primary path to the pro on the men's side". If you want to play MLS I think college soccer is the path. if you want to play in Europe you are better off leaving immediately (at any age where you make that decision).
                              No it isn't - college high school soccer on steroids. Your coach wants to win, not "develop" you. You're losing ground vs your peers who are training all year with professional players and playing against professional teams. If you go to college, the faster you get out of there the better. It isn't basketball or football where college is the farm team for the NBA or NFL (and even that is starting to change a bit).

Comment

The fast track to playing in MLS is being a young South American player. Strong US players head overseas. Most college players land on USL teams

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X