Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She is a starter and played every minute of every game last season. It’s the environment not my daughters ability.
    I don't dismiss the fact that a coach might be a turd.
    However, part of the problem with your daughter might also be that her parents are turds and have convinced her that she is head and shoulders above everyone else on the team. She might be under the impression that she is the head and spine of the team, instead of just being part of the team.

Clearly, she should be playing on a national team and not bother with the lower level Stars ECNL

Comment

Wow. I forgot how miserable this site is. My kid plays for stars too. I feel for you OP. Did I miss it where the OP said his daughter was the bomb and everyone else sucked. “The environment” doesn’t mean he thinks his daughter is better than the other players, doesnt it mean that the kids aren’t set up for success? Anyway. That’s how I read it. My kid is about a sneeze away from quitting as well.

For the people saying the season has just started, you do realize these kids practice all the time right? If a coach is making practice miserable it’s not a good sign for when they start loosing games.

And before everyone starts screaming about blue and white. My kid is actually on the blue team. I think her team struggles as much as the white team. They are better at different things but neither had a great season last spring. IMO.

Comment

She is a starter and played every minute of every game last season. It’s the environment not my daughters ability.
        If your daughter is a starter and played every minute of every game, that means there were players that sat the bench for most of the game. I can't imagine thats healthy for the development of players. Is that the way stars operates? They deem players fit at tryouts but then sit them for most of the game. Stars is a scam.

Comment

I don't dismiss the fact that a coach might be a turd.
          However, part of the problem with your daughter might also be that her parents are turds and have convinced her that she is head and shoulders above everyone else on the team. She might be under the impression that she is the head and spine of the team, instead of just being part of the team.

Clearly, she should be playing on a national team and not bother with the lower level Stars ECNL
          Wow. I never believed all the people screaming about this site being filled with stars coaches but now I do. Where the heck did the guy say his kid was nt team material or better than everyone else? He said she was a starter because everyone’s first response was that she must suck and that’s why the coach is an a**. Sorry but sometimes coaches just suck and it has nothing to do with the teams ability.

I agree the stars are spread thin anyway. We played them two years ago and they smoked us. We played them this past spring and beat them. Their best players (or I guess I should say the team that beat us) got divided up between white and blue. I don’t think they managed it quite right in terms of creating the best team. Or maybe I disagree with how they spread their players. Anyway. Their loss since now my kids team is ranked higher than that stars team.

Comment

If your daughter is a starter and played every minute of every game, that means there were players that sat the bench for most of the game. I can't imagine thats healthy for the development of players. Is that the way stars operates? They deem players fit at tryouts but then sit them for most of the game. Stars is a scam.
            No. The team didn’t carry a roster of 22. Other kids get subbed and rotated but a couple kids play the whole game. So almost every kid is playing at least half the game but a few are playing the whole game.

Comment

No. The team didn’t carry a roster of 22. Other kids get subbed and rotated but a couple kids play the whole game. So almost every kid is playing at least half the game but a few are playing the whole game.
              As it should be.

Comment

this is youth soccer. I want the "standard" to be low enough for my kid to play a lot, but high enough to eliminate kids i deem not good enough. SMH. its a business, *** do you expect?

The standard of the other players is not going to stop your kid from reaching her goals. Focus on yours and the rest will take care of itself

Comment

this is youth soccer. I want the "standard" to be low enough for my kid to play a lot, but high enough to eliminate kids i deem not good enough. SMH. its a business, *** do you expect?

The standard of the other players is not going to stop your kid from reaching her goals. Focus on yours and the rest will take care of itself
                  You “deem” not good enough....
                  And there we have it.
                  The problem with it and you all.

Comment

You “deem” not good enough....
                    And there we have it.
                    The problem with it and you all.
                    No it seems that is the problem with the thread OP. The poster you responded to is correct - the thread OP can't have it both ways. Nor should having some weaker players on the team be a reason to quit. If the player is getting stronger/better that is what matters, not team results.

Comment

Wow. I forgot how miserable this site is. My kid plays for stars too. I feel for you OP. Did I miss it where the OP said his daughter was the bomb and everyone else sucked. “The environment” doesn’t mean he thinks his daughter is better than the other players, doesnt it mean that the kids aren’t set up for success? Anyway. That’s how I read it. My kid is about a sneeze away from quitting as well.

For the people saying the season has just started, you do realize these kids practice all the time right? If a coach is making practice miserable it’s not a good sign for when they start loosing games.

And before everyone starts screaming about blue and white. My kid is actually on the blue team. I think her team struggles as much as the white team. They are better at different things but neither had a great season last spring. IMO.

Did you miss where the OP said that his daughter’s teammates “can’t hack it”? His opinion of the other players on the team seems pretty clear.

Comment

im the OP. I have no issue with weaker players if the coach is developing them. My daughter was once one of those weaker players and worked her way into being a stronger player. My point was that the coach is furious ALL THE TIME. Spends the entire practice being angry and screaming at the kids instead of coaching them. This was not the case last year with a different mix of kids and perhaps less pressure on the coach? I don’t care at all what other kids are doing or how good/not good they are. What I care about is having a coach who isn’t furious the entire time he’s coaching cause kids aren’t doing what he wants.

Comment

Did you miss where the OP said that his daughter’s teammates “can’t hack it”? His opinion of the other players on the team seems pretty clear.
                          That seemed to me to be a direct explanation of the coaches behavior which is what he has a problem with - he wasn’t complaining about the other kids but about the coach.

Comment

No it seems that is the problem with the thread OP. The poster you responded to is correct - the thread OP can't have it both ways. Nor should having some weaker players on the team be a reason to quit. If the player is getting stronger/better that is what matters, not team results.
                            Do you not actually read the posts? He said the coach was an a&$ and that was the problem. He didn’t say having bad players bothered him or his kid at all.

Man, if only everyone didn’t Delight in calling everyone else a turd. This site would be so much easier to handle.

Comment

Did you miss the part where he clearly said his issue is with the coach?

Comment

im the OP. I have no issue with weaker players if the coach is developing them. My daughter was once one of those weaker players and worked her way into being a stronger player. My point was that the coach is furious ALL THE TIME. Spends the entire practice being angry and screaming at the kids instead of coaching them. This was not the case last year with a different mix of kids and perhaps less pressure on the coach? I don’t care at all what other kids are doing or how good/not good they are. What I care about is having a coach who isn’t furious the entire time he’s coaching cause kids aren’t doing what he wants.
                                So leave. Other good ECNL & DA options in MA. Not that complicated.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X