AC or CFC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haters always find the angst I’ve on everything. Don’t think it a money thing on CFC actually I guarantee it. Those guys all have other fill time jobs and all are doing very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sounds like a bad business move to have a turf field with no lights. I’d love to see that business plan........ we can only use the field 50% of the time because we have no lights. It’s like buying a car with three wheels
      They play at the indoor facility in the winter

Comment

OPs player is 7th grade and he didn't mention a college path. If player isn't sure or maybe isn't ready for ECNL, AC could be a good stepping stone for that age. ECNL is definitely a bigger time and $ commitment
        In 7th grade everyone is going to college

Comment

AC plays in NPL or CCSL. CT Rush play in the top EDP National League divisions and are strong in both Boys and Girls.

Comment

Agree with prior poster - after 4 years of direct experience of CFC boys. Massive disparity in coaching across branches - almost polar opposites but that could be stylistic- but worse they don't promote from the "field" - aka Valley, South, North, etc. to NPL or United to the extent as they say the do - only token adjustments every few years. That said, observed CFC CCSL and EDP play a bit ago and it was light years behind NEP play, but it could have changed I'm (and my son are a bit removed - I only do soccer for my daughter and nephews outside of CFC now...)

Comment

Wouldn't it be more like buying a car without headlights?
              OMG, I am crying!!

Comment

Does the QU Coach, DaCosta, still tell 12 year old boys (and parents) that they are “exactly the type of player I am looking for at my college program, please join CFC?”

Comment

AC plays in NPL or CCSL. CT Rush play in the top EDP National League divisions and are strong in both Boys and Girls.
                  Rush is not strong across the board at all and they also play CCSL. Sounds like Wilton may be too far for the OP and that is the only decent branch. AC also does EDP.

As for bashing CFC for not having lights? At least they have a facility. AC is a renter.

Comment

Do you think TS trash talk works? If it did every CT club would be out of business. AC has been around 5-6 years and keeps growing. Others are shrinking. The market takes care of it, not clubs bashing each other anonymously
                    Thanks. AC is jolly good fun and if kids like fun then good choice. Kid wants proper training then cfc. Period

Comment

They play at the indoor facility in the winter
                      Always good to train indoors when, if you had lights, you could train outdoors and be more prepared for winter tournaments like in Florida and also get a good jump on spring. Training indoors all winter will set a team back about 3-4 weeks in the spring while they make adjustments back to full size fields

Comment

Rush is not strong across the board at all and they also play CCSL. Sounds like Wilton may be too far for the OP and that is the only decent branch. AC also does EDP.

As for bashing CFC for not having lights? At least they have a facility. AC is a renter.
                        CFC should be embarrassed that they don’t have lights when they are the largest club in the state. No need to bash smaller clubs because they don’t have their own facility or fields with lights.

Comment

Always good to train indoors when, if you had lights, you could train outdoors and be more prepared for winter tournaments like in Florida and also get a good jump on spring. Training indoors all winter will set a team back about 3-4 weeks in the spring while they make adjustments back to full size fields
                          Do you seriously think teams get anything out of training outdoors when it’s 30 degrees and windy out? Such a stupid comment from a parent whose kid’s club doesn’t have an indoor facility to train in.

Compare apples to apples. Sure if the weather is unseasonably nice, it would be great to be outdoors, but otherwise you will get much more out of indoors as long as your club doesn’t jam 3 teams onto a small field.

Comment

CFC should be embarrassed that they don’t have lights when they are the largest club in the state. No need to bash smaller clubs because they don’t have their own facility or fields with lights.
                            LOL. Embarrassed? Because they built their own facility? You sound like a good businessman. Spend 750K on lights that you’ll use for a handful of weeks the entire year.

Comment

Incredibly ignorant statement

Comment

If I recall as a parent a few years back the club had its most successful year while ONLY training indoor all year as the outdoor fields weren’t ready. Think they finished top 15 in the country. Training was great. Never cancelled and girls did well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X