Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far in advanced do US Training Center invites go out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The shortsightedness of USSF only using DA clubs for selections will get us nowhere. Unfortunately they've dug their heels in so deep and are so stubborn they won't blow the whole thing up until we've lost several more years of opportunities. Then top it off with US Soccer HQ chaos, bad coaching and development and the men's NT will only qualify when we host the WC.
    Easy solution if you have a player good enough for selection....play DA. Stars players shouldn’t be chosen or the GDA loses its hand. Players and families make choices and that’s a good thing

Comment

Easy solution if you have a player good enough for selection....play DA. Stars players shouldn’t be chosen or the GDA loses its hand. Players and families make choices and that’s a good thing
      ^^^this

Comment

Play DA with who? The one NT level player has to train with and against other strong talent to progress. Playing with and against weak players will not help

Suit yourself but if you have the one player in mass on track to go pro, don't choose a league for a patch. Do what you need to do for that player to imptove.

Comment

Play DA with who? The one NT level player has to train with and against other strong talent to progress. Playing with and against weak players will not help

Suit yourself but if you have the one player in mass on track to go pro, don't choose a league for a patch. Do what you need to do for that player to imptove.
          Crazy how that one player got good enough playing against such weak competition, a true miracle. Nobody’s is choosing a league for a patch, they are choosing it based on what fits their players needs. Hs or no Hs, NT pool no invite, sub rule or no sub rule... pick your beef but the competition is largely the same

Comment

Crazy how that one player got good enough playing against such weak competition, a true miracle. Nobody’s is choosing a league for a patch, they are choosing it based on what fits their players needs. Hs or no Hs, NT pool no invite, sub rule or no sub rule... pick your beef but the competition is largely the same
            Just imagine how good the kid might have become if the club she played for actually cared about developing her soccer game as opposed to using her to lure the next wave of wannabes into it.

Comment

League does my kid no good if the local option in that league is poor quality. Near me gda is avoided and with good reason. If it is quality near you, good for you.

Overall stronger players near me are mostly in different league then gda. A few studs in gda but not enough enough to call the club or teams strong or competitive.

Comment

Amen. The nonsensical perception that the top players are playing with other top player ON AGE to improve. If it was really about improvement, the better players would play together irrespective of age and club affiliation. We all know this is all about money, but some try and make the narrative about talent to elevate their own. Imo, there are not 11 truly top level players in the state across all age groups. Good sure, elite level potential ? ....no

Comment

League does my kid no good if the local option in that league is poor quality. Near me gda is avoided and with good reason. If it is quality near you, good for you.

Overall stronger players near me are mostly in different league then gda. A few studs in gda but not enough enough to call the club or teams strong or competitive.
                  you make it sound like there are a lot of studs. There are not.

Comment

That’s fine, avoid it if you want and its the right thing for your player, nobody will care. But avoiding the DA should eliminate any player for NT pool consideration. If the DA want to corral the best talent they need to adhere to the premise that only players on DA teams can get invited. This will truly funnel the best players in the same area.

Comment

Just imagine how good the kid might have become if the club she played for actually cared about developing her soccer game as opposed to using her to lure the next wave of wannabes into it.
                      Yes and Stars never used a NT call up as a poster child for wannabes.

Comment

That’s fine, avoid it if you want and its the right thing for your player, nobody will care. But avoiding the DA should eliminate any player for NT pool consideration. If the DA want to corral the best talent they need to adhere to the premise that only players on DA teams can get invited. This will truly funnel the best players in the same area.
                        The NT teams are a few dozen players per age. They all can play in the gda. I think they already all are chosen from the gda.

The first team players all come from domestic and international pro teams and some college players. The gda has nothing to do with the first team.

Comment

ECNL parent here. Agree that GDA should stick to their guns on this one since that is currently their only positive brand differentiator.

The question is if that is a sustainable business model. The % of players/families with realistic NT aspirations is by definition small. The larger market opportunity sits with college dreams. I suspect GDA was banking on a halo effect where families would pay to be associated with the NT caliber players. Is that happening?

Comment

ECNL parent here. Agree that GDA should stick to their guns on this one since that is currently their only positive brand differentiator.

The question is if that is a sustainable business model. The % of players/families with realistic NT aspirations is by definition small. The larger market opportunity sits with college dreams. I suspect GDA was banking on a halo effect where families would pay to be associated with the NT caliber players. Is that happening?
                            Maybe, too hard to tell this early. Agreed they are playing to a small percent of players that are actually NT material. What they are tryin to win is recruiting families who THINK they have a NT player. If NT pools are 100% from the DA then we will see if this srategy wins, I’m skeptical .

Comment

Key words - business model. Striving to be great at anything requires dedication, practice and the right instruction. NT and College dreams are not mutually exclusive. In effect, you are saying that aspiring to be excellent - NT caliber, is not what people should do. College caliber is enough.

Im not advocating for any league, to me they are both bad BECAUSE they are not based on talent.

Comment

Maybe, too hard to tell this early. Agreed they are playing to a small percent of players that are actually NT material. What they are tryin to win is recruiting families who THINK they have a NT player. If NT pools are 100% from the DA then we will see if this srategy wins, I’m skeptical .
                                i disagree. They are trying to appeal to any player above a certain level. This whole NT level thing is stupid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X