Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love it when parents say ODP is water down blah blah blah...ODP should be a step up from their club because on the ODP team their is talent at every position. On your club team lets be honest there might be 5-6 really strong and committed players and the others are just floating by. The national ODP teams really showed their might against the DA and ECNL teams...All the pundits that trash ODP are truly parents of kids who didn't make the team or either didn't make the top 2 FL teams...Don't let your club coaches ego get in the way of you finding other avenues for your player to get better coaching and training.
    My daughter really enjoyed the experience. She left the weekend smiling, talking about some news friends, and about how competitive it was. I don't care either way but she really had a great experience.

Comment

Both FL teams did a great job. Both were evenly matched and there is a lot of collective talent on both teams. Can’t wait to see them play this summer and upcoming training sessions. Like the other poster said..They make new friends that could last for a lifetime. Building relationships is not just in soccer but in life. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

Comment

Posters on ts alway claim Florida soccer is crap. It seem with the weekend result, other states have crappier soccer.
        For the Texas team... if you took the top 5 players from the top 4 teams in NTX..so 20 girls... you have 2 on ODP, if that tells you the level of interest in Texas.

Comment

if ODP isn't getting the best players in each state to participate, they should close up shop.

Comment

We had the opportunity to go to the ODP region camp/training this past weekend. My daughter really enjoyed the experience and making connections with other girls from different states. As a whole, the experience was a good one. I observed several players this weekend that appeared to be standouts. 1 maybe 2 forwards that really were shining along with several midfielders that ran the show well. They also had a few backs that were speedy, strong and technically sound. Not sure what states the standout girls are from..but a decent pool for a regional team. Anyone know what states those standouts are from? As there are opposing views on the benefit/relevance of ODP and the level of talent...personally, the pool is more talented than most of the competition my daughter has encountered in TX. For those that attended, any players you identified as potential for the final 18? I’m not a huge fan that there will be a large invite to the region camp in Alabama this summer. With 100-150 girls being invited...it does appear to be a money grab. You could already identify just from this weekend that there are many girls that wouldn’t be in consideration for the final 18.

Comment

We had the opportunity to go to the ODP region camp/training this past weekend. My daughter really enjoyed the experience and making connections with other girls from different states. As a whole, the experience was a good one. I observed several players this weekend that appeared to be standouts. 1 maybe 2 forwards that really were shining along with several midfielders that ran the show well. They also had a few backs that were speedy, strong and technically sound. Not sure what states the standout girls are from..but a decent pool for a regional team. Anyone know what states those standouts are from? As there are opposing views on the benefit/relevance of ODP and the level of talent...personally, the pool is more talented than most of the competition my daughter has encountered in TX. For those that attended, any players you identified as potential for the final 18? I’m not a huge fan that there will be a large invite to the region camp in Alabama this summer. With 100-150 girls being invited...it does appear to be a money grab. You could already identify just from this weekend that there are many girls that wouldn’t be in consideration for the final 18.
              Stand out player are from florida

Comment

My understanding is that Daytona camp was for ODP from last year 07 crop and that that they will be choosing players from this past January ODP Championships in Auburndale.

Comment

I thought Alabama pool this year was going to be much smaller (not 100-150). Smaller than in previous years.

Comment

I thought Alabama pool this year was going to be much smaller (not 100-150). Smaller than in previous years.
                    Per this past weekend...the statement was made that Alabama this year is individual invite only (not full state teams) but there will still be a large pool of 100-150. At the end of the Alabama camp they will select a regional pool of 40-50. Then select the final 18 to represent the region. I wasn’t clear on the final 18 process and how they identify them however.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X