Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They had virtually no young players at all, the team was loaded with Seniors and Juniors. New system and injuries? Seriously? What new system did they implement, and how would you even know that of your kid is on another team? I don’t see them in the mix, sorry.
    3-5-2 is the new system. I know that they play a new system Because I understand soccer. It’s not that difficult to see how they line up

Proof.

https://www.newmilfordspectrum.com/s...s-13256681.php

Comment

3-5-2 is the new system. I know that they play a new system Because I understand soccer. It’s not that difficult to see how they line up

Proof.

https://www.newmilfordspectrum.com/s...s-13256681.php
      https://www.newstimes.com/sports/hig...w-13250576.php

The Green Wave are led by a number of talented juniors, including defender Luke Anderson. Fellow center back Luke Chastain is one of the school’s captains while freshman Christian Mendoza and sophomore Luis Chamale are playmakers in midfield.

“We’re a good team,” Pereira said. “We’re a young team. We have a lot of juniors. Today was a learning lesson, that’s for sure. It’s a learning system for them, we’re playing a 3-5-2 which is a little more difficult to play.”

Comment

https://www.newstimes.com/sports/hig...w-13250576.php

The Green Wave are led by a number of talented juniors, including defender Luke Anderson. Fellow center back Luke Chastain is one of the school’s captains while freshman Christian Mendoza and sophomore Luis Chamale are playmakers in midfield.

“We’re a good team,” Pereira said. “We’re a young team. We have a lot of juniors. Today was a learning lesson, that’s for sure. It’s a learning system for them, we’re playing a 3-5-2 which is a little more difficult to play.”
        Conneticut soccer is absolute trash. All of these teams you are talking about are total rec programs. Show me a good team in Conneticut and that will be the first one every produced.

The moms are hot and loose especially when they hear that I do private training to get their kids on a better team!

Comment

Conneticut soccer is absolute trash. All of these teams you are talking about are total rec programs. Show me a good team in Conneticut and that will be the first one every produced.

The moms are hot and loose especially when they hear that I do private training to get their kids on a better team!
          So if you do private training and you call Connecticut soccer rubbish, what does that make you? Sounds like the maggots eating the trash

Comment

New Milford may be back in the mix - a lot of returners and a large Sr. class. Possible top 4 finish.
            A whole class of toe boinkers. Launch and chase. No way New Milford is anywhere near the mix. The are still in closet next to corn starch and vanilla extract.

Comment

A whole class of toe boinkers. Launch and chase. No way New Milford is anywhere near the mix. The are still in closet next to corn starch and vanilla extract.
              That could be a problem due to the style and formation that coach wants to play. I guess he needs to realize he doesn’t have the players that South Kent has.

I still think there’s lots of parity and mediocrity in SWC that NM will be okay. Hell Pomperaug played kick and run to great success in SWC

Comment

Lots of quality teams in CT. Sometimes even one from the SWC. Plus some really good prep teams as well. I would put up an all star teams against any state.

I bet that is how your mom got you trained as well.

Comment

New Milford 3-1 Newtown

Is NM back or will it be a long year for Newtown

Comment

New Milford 3-1 Newtown

Brookfield 2, Joel Barlow 0
                    Immaculate 1, Masuk 0
                    New Fairfield 4, Notre Dame-Fairfield 0

Comment

Brookfield 2, Joel Barlow 0
                      Immaculate 1, Masuk 0
                      New Fairfield 4, Notre Dame-Fairfield 0
                      ^ The Dark Lord will not be happy

Comment

New Milford 3-1 Newtown

I’d guess that NM is back. Newtown beat Naugy in the first game and they’re traditionally solid.

Comment

I’d guess that NM is back. Newtown beat Naugy in the first game and they’re traditionally solid.
                          The Newton Naugy game was bad soccer. Exciting high scoring game but bad soccer

Comment

The Newton Naugy game was bad soccer. Exciting high scoring game but bad soccer
                            A high percentage of Hs games are what I’d call bad soccer. I didn’t see the Newtown Naugy game but was just stating that NM may likely be decent again this year since they beat Newtown, who beat a traditionally strong team.

Comment

A high percentage of Hs games are what I’d call bad soccer. I didn’t see the Newtown Naugy game but was just stating that NM may likely be decent again this year since they beat Newtown, who beat a traditionally strong team.
                              I followed the logic. I agree that NM may be back

From what I saw both Naugy and Newtown are shells of their previous teams. The final score was 4-3 with multiple breakdowns on defense by both teams. Now it was the first game of the year.

To put it in perspective the Class LL playoff between Naugy and Newtown ended 1-0 win to Naugatuck. Again I understand that the comparison between playoff soccer and first game of the year isn’t apples to apples. But it was the way the teams looked that didn’t impress me.

As this relates to the SWC, Newtown is down and there will be some other teams such as New Milford or New Fairfield moving up. Of course the dark lord will have Barlow back.

Comment

I followed the logic. I agree that NM may be back

From what I saw both Naugy and Newtown are shells of their previous teams. The final score was 4-3 with multiple breakdowns on defense by both teams. Now it was the first game of the year.

To put it in perspective the Class LL playoff between Naugy and Newtown ended 1-0 win to Naugatuck. Again I understand that the comparison between playoff soccer and first game of the year isn’t apples to apples. But it was the way the teams looked that didn’t impress me.

As this relates to the SWC, Newtown is down and there will be some other teams such as New Milford or New Fairfield moving up. Of course the dark lord will have Barlow back.
                                Interesting preseason article

https://www.newtownbee.com/09072019/...the-field-thi/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X