•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to talk about how much Oakwood sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      several ow 07's already committed to cfc 07 united!!!!!!! with others trying to find a new home due to no competitive league affiliation.
      Love this --- so what does it say about a club (or the idiot posting it ) that all these OW '07 kids had to do was contact CFC and they are now committed? DA hasn't even been dead a week, and CFC suddenly 'takes in' these kids??

Comment

Love this --- so what does it say about a club (or the idiot posting it ) that all these OW '07 kids had to do was contact CFC and they are now committed? DA hasn't even been dead a week, and CFC suddenly 'takes in' these kids??
        it says it a for profit business, and they have multiple teams per age group, wave them in

Comment

Oakwood has been a boys club forever should of stayed that way. FSA is squeezing those 06/07’s until there are none left.

Comment

CFCU will add 2-5 OW kids at every age group next Fall, maybe even more as they will spread them across ECNL 1, ECNL 2, ECNL Composite and even some regional branches. CFC can provide access to all ECNL 1 & 2 showcases and other top regional tournaments for recruiting, very important. Who else in CT besides FSA on the girls side can consistently provide this? OW parents you have absolutely no leverage, let me repeat, you have no leverage. If your kid was a top 5 player on their OW team than they will probably play on ECNL 1 team next Fall, they will have to compete, I'm sure many will start and a few will make an impact. None will play up, mostly likely have to earn their way on to DC's academy team over time. CFCU will also take players from NYSC GDA too, those kids are just as close to Bethany as OW. CFC will add players ($) and make their teams better. CFCU current players 15-24 on each roster, you will be relegated to more bench time or asked to move down a level. Parents that complain (except for parents of top 5 players on each team) will be moved out, aside or just ignored. Competition is good for teams, makes the good ones work harder, guess you find out a lot about your kid. Parents not in control and when you tell TP or MM how good they are they roll their eyes. Prove it.
            Thanks CFC Dad

Comment

Crc

That is insane. Even if oakwood is relegated to the NEP (New England NPL) that is still a much better league than ECNL 2 or any CFC branch league. There isn’t a chance any oakwood kids would leave unless they would be going to FSA or CFC ECNL.

Comment

That is insane. Even if oakwood is relegated to the NEP (New England NPL) that is still a much better league than ECNL 2 or any CFC branch league. There isn’t a chance any oakwood kids would leave unless they would be going to FSA or CFC ECNL.
                Looks like a great fit.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...r=Girls&Age=14

Comment

What about OW's 05 GDA team? There were several good players on that team. Do they stay together or all split too? I could see some of them staying at OW just for convenience.

Comment

What about OW's 05 GDA team? There were several good players on that team. Do they stay together or all split too? I could see some of them staying at OW just for convenience.
                    Some of those parents have been in contact with FSA

Comment

Some of those parents have been in contact with FSA
                      I believe that, hence my convenience comment. Their not going to drive to Bethany.

Comment

OW is done.

Comment

I believe that, hence my convenience comment. Their not going to drive to Bethany.
                          Go with what is closer; but definitely don’t stay at OW

Comment

Go with what is closer; but definitely don’t stay at OW
                            If FSA and OW talent merge (which makes most sense) that would certainly rebalance the competitive situation between CFC and FSA ECNL.

Comment

Ha. Oakwood will never merge with FSA

Comment

Ha. Oakwood will never merge with FSA
                                No they wont, but their top talent may certainly. Who at OW would want to go backwards to an inferior league?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X