Club change mid season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The club holds your pass whether it is cjsa or us club. They are the only one that can release it. Yes you can go to cjsa or us club soccer to go over clubs head if you have issues but if the club has an agreement signed then that will be the only thing they can use for not releasing the pass and cjsa or us club will be in contact with the club

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The club holds your pass whether it is cjsa or us club. They are the only one that can release it. Yes you can go to cjsa or us club soccer to go over clubs head if you have issues but if the club has an agreement signed then that will be the only thing they can use for not releasing the pass and cjsa or us club will be in contact with the club
      false. no club can hold a player hostage.

your fear mongering is see through.

Comment

Every word in the above post is a lie (including "and" and "the").

Comment

It's true, happened to my kid. Had to pay club dues in full before pass could be released to another club, went to cjsa too. They said contract signed clearly stated all fees are due in full

Comment

Thanks for the misinformation, Mr. Owner. No, you have no say in the matter. Player asks for release, you release. No questions asked. Bill payed? Doesn't matter. Unless you would like to find yourself in bad standing with CJSA, USYS and/or USCS. Player requests release, you release. Period.
            I was the poster who said you need to be current. I am not an owner. My kid transferred clubs in the winter season. I filled out the parent request. CJSA did speak to the club for the clubs release. I was asked, and we were, current on payments. We were not required to pay the full year tuition. We did pay most of it as you know the payments are front loaded. We really just wanted to move on but had no issue with paying current as that is the right thing to do in my mind.

Comment

I guess if you wait until end of season it isnt a problem

I know a kid playing on a high level team that didn't pay their tuition last year, and no it wasn't because they got a scholarship, it was because they made their own scholarship by being a dead beat.

The kid switched clubs

Comment

It's true, happened to my kid. Had to pay club dues in full before pass could be released to another club, went to cjsa too. They said contract signed clearly stated all fees are due in full
                another lie. you don't have to.

Comment

Just in case there was anyone left out there who did not realize unscrupulous club owners come on TS to misinform a gullible clientele. This thread should clue you in.

Comment

The dude said his kid was a training player. Who in their right mind would sign a contract to be a training player. What would the contract read. We agree not to play your daughter in a game, no need to buy a kit. We will take your money and allow her to come to the teams practices which are basically 100 percent upside for our club since we are not adding any new coach to work with her, not contracting any new space for her to practice and not obtaining any new practice equipment (pinny or cones) specifically because she is now training with us.
                    Doesn't matter. Clubs do not have to offer training spots either. When you can't make the team, sometimes this is a best option and you have to sign papers. I would rather my kid was a training (or winter) player at oakwood or fsa than a member of one of the very weak premier clubs that litter the state. Contracts are contracts and one kid that left our club was forced to pay their balance before being released ..... sorry, i am not saying which one, but they left mid season and it was a touchy situation.

Comment

Doesn't matter. Clubs do not have to offer training spots either. When you can't make the team, sometimes this is a best option and you have to sign papers. I would rather my kid was a training (or winter) player at oakwood or fsa than a member of one of the very weak premier clubs that litter the state. Contracts are contracts and one kid that left our club was forced to pay their balance before being released ..... sorry, i am not saying which one, but they left mid season and it was a touchy situation.
                      Some clubs will stall the release even when a player is up to date on payments. Some owners are just jerks, just like some parents are just jerks. If both sides are in agreement with no nastiness the more likely it all goes smoothly.

Comment

This presents a good argument for making the move now. If there are any games it should be done by spring season. Let us know how it goes. Would be helpful for other parents to understand the process and how club admins treat it.

By the way, someone mentioned Oakwood. No training spots at Oakwood. Fsa offers winter spots which largely travel kids getting supplemental training when it's cold

Comment

I would rather my kid was a training (or winter) player at oakwood or fsa than a member of one of the very weak premier clubs that litter the state.
                          No way. Your kid will hate soccer if you did that. IMHO, that is more about a parents need to be associated with a club, rather than a kid playing soccer. Just play at the best team your kid makes and get extra training with whatever coach you like. Kid plays, and he or she gets the training you think necessary. But you cannot give a year away

Comment

Didn't say there was no one out there dumb enough to fall for some club owners lies - just said the club owner has no leverage to extract payment with the player pass. I guess the customer's ignorance is the owner's leverage.

Comment

US Club Soccer does not get involved at all when players switch teams. US Club Soccer waits for the current club to release the player before activating them with a new team. They leave it totally up to the 2 clubs and player/parents. If a player/parent wants to leave, they have to get their current club to release them. 100% accurate. CJSA on the other hand, not sure how they work.

Comment

Ah yes, let's look for ways to cut corners and avoid commitment and responsibility. You people are the reason our kids are so soft, entitled and spoiled. Well done.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X