Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Women's Soccer Coach Brendan Faherty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Taking the Iona job was a giant step backwards and completely discouraging for TP.
    That's how the coaching career ladder almost always goes - assistant coaches at bigger programs get a head coach job at lower level programs. Unlike UCONN, assistants rarely fill HC shoes at big programs

Comment

That's how the coaching career ladder almost always goes - assistant coaches at bigger programs get a head coach job at lower level programs. Unlike UCONN, assistants rarely fill HC shoes at big programs
      Yes, I agree with you. But when you are convinced you deserved a particular position and then don’t get it the ego takes a beating. Probably a lot of anger towards not getting it which explains the reaction. Should have just left it alone.

Comment

Yes, I agree with you. But when you are convinced you deserved a particular position and then don’t get it the ego takes a beating. Probably a lot of anger towards not getting it which explains the reaction. Should have just left it alone.
        Very few people on this planet are that vindictive, plus the potential blowback if he was outed as the "source" would be enormous. Stop trying to spin something that isn't there.

Comment

Deflect deflect deflect. Don’t understand The person on this site that keeps this thread going. BF will get a very nice pay day from Yale

Comment

Deflect deflect deflect. Don’t understand The person on this site that keeps this thread going. BF will get a very nice pay day from Yale
            Probably not. These issues are larger than a soccer program.

Good guy, good coach but made some poor decisions as younger man. It happens. He probably knew that this thing was a potential ticking time bomb.

Probably got a decent severance and in exchange forfeited his rights

The allegations span multiple years and involve several players. At a minimum, he showed poor judgement. There's not a school in the country that would open themselves up to the potential liability of keeping him around.

It's unfortunate but this is the reality of how things are today.

Comment

Very few people on this planet are that vindictive, plus the potential blowback if he was outed as the "source" would be enormous. Stop trying to spin something that isn't there.
              Well, the known “source” was a guy trying to get out of a securities fraud case so he threw Rudy under the bus as leverage for his case, so there’s that. This guy with the spin theory is just some di€k with a hard on for TP who thinks if he says it enough people will believe it.

Comment

Taking the Iona job was a giant step backwards and completely discouraging for TP.
                He’s a head coach now and beat Quinnipiac in his first season. Just missed the playoffs. He will do well I’m sure. Much better situation than a stuffy Ivy League school.

Comment

Good guy, good coach but made some poor decisions as younger man. It happens. He probably knew that this thing was a potential ticking time bomb.

The allegations span multiple years and involve several players. At a minimum, he showed poor judgement. There's not a school in the country that would open themselves up to the potential liability of keeping him around.

Meanwhile back the ranch you got a stick in the mud AD

Comment

Today? Let's go back to the good old days of what the hell let's "involve several players"? So sorry boys that those days of abusing your position with zero consequence may be numbered. Times change boys.

Comment

Yale, you should've given him a chance to defend himself.

As for Brendan Faherty, I wish there would've been a forum or process for him to give his side. To ruin someone's life and career over alleged situations, a decade ago, doesn't seem right. These girls know exactly what they're doing and who with, don't kid yourself. They aren't minors, they're adults. No rape or assault, and so he broke the school's code by dating a player. You're all very naive if you think this is the first time its ever happened at a university. But why bring it up now? Why 10 years later when he lands his dream job at an Ivy League school, is married and has a sweet baby girl... jealousy? There's two sides to ever story, and he didn't get to tell his. Really not fair. I hope he rises above it and someone takes a chance on him in their program. Even if its as an assistant coach to work his way back up again. Just my two cents.

Comment

As for Brendan Faherty, I wish there would've been a forum or process for him to give his side. To ruin someone's life and career over alleged situations, a decade ago, doesn't seem right. These girls know exactly what they're doing and who with, don't kid yourself. They aren't minors, they're adults. No rape or assault, and so he broke the school's code by dating a player. You're all very naive if you think this is the first time its ever happened at a university. But why bring it up now? Why 10 years later when he lands his dream job at an Ivy League school, is married and has a sweet baby girl... jealousy? There's two sides to ever story, and he didn't get to tell his. Really not fair. I hope he rises above it and someone takes a chance on him in their program. Even if its as an assistant coach to work his way back up again. Just my two cents.
                        It’s pretty simple. Don’t eat the forbidden fruit. He did and there was no way out. As a coach, he should’ve known better. Stop thinking with the little head and he’d still be that Ivy league coach. Take your 2 cents and bleeding heart and shove it.

Comment

It’s pretty simple. Don’t eat the forbidden fruit. He did and there was no way out. As a coach, he should’ve known better. Stop thinking with the little head and he’d still be that Ivy league coach. Take your 2 cents and bleeding heart and shove it.
                          You are a fool. People like you make me sick.

Comment

^ of course. But the other poster's point still remains- the accused rarely get a chance to speak or defend themselves. While false accusations aren't common, there needs to be a balance between taking accusations seriously but also not throwing innocents under the bus

Comment

You are a fool. People like you make me sick.
                              I'm not the poster you replied to and I do feel a bit bad for the guy.

Coaching in women's D1 sports these days is a tough gig. Schools want results and not mediocrity. Coaches have to balance running a good program, finding decent kids that can play and have decent character and they need to win. There's also a huge desire on the part of many schools to fill these roles with women.

At the very least this guy showed incredibly poor judgement. Large companies, schools etc have to have a zero tolerance policy with this stuff. They'll get crucified by their liberal professors and student populations if they turn a blind eye.

This is a complete disaster for the coach and most definitely fueled by spite and jealousy. Unfortunately, he created the situation for himself.

Comment

what on earth made you dig up this dead horse?- *** cares its over- no one was clean especially the coach and he got fired. sometimes your past comes back to haunt you
                                lifes a bitch- move on

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X