Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIgh School Futsal

I would love to some league in Massachusetts take the lead and start a HS Futsal season, maybe a winter sport. While I do think it would NOT help in development over the age of 14, its a great sport.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would love to some league in Massachusetts take the lead and start a HS Futsal season, maybe a winter sport. While I do think it would NOT help in development over the age of 14, its a great sport.
    Sounds like fun, however I’m not sure how teams could compete against basketball for court time when boys and girls basketball are in full swing? When could they practice and have games? Only time courts aren’t used is in spring when kids have club/travel soccer seasons.

Comment

Yes bcos HS soccer is propelling players to become better. Bore off.

Comment

Yes great idea to add an extra sport in to the student athlete schedule.

Comment

Yes great idea to add an extra sport in to the student athlete schedule.
          No one is required to participate (unless its an ISL school). I would think soccer players wouldnt use it to get better but rather for -- fun and a workout. Just my 2 cents

Comment

There futsal leagues already that run from end of November into end of February.

Comment

There futsal leagues already that run from end of November into end of February.
              and high schools have teams that play......
              Unless you are hoping that it becomes a varsity sport, I would say that the 'need' is already met.

Comment

Why not have it as a varsity sport?

As has been said access to facilities is the biggest roadblock because you would probably want to run the season at the same time as basketball and volleyball. Other than that it’s a relatively low cost sport to offer students (from the school budget point of view)

Comment

Why not have it as a varsity sport?

As has been said access to facilities is the biggest roadblock because you would probably want to run the season at the same time as basketball and volleyball. Other than that it’s a relatively low cost sport to offer students (from the school budget point of view)
                  Volleyball for girls is in the fall and for boys is in the spring. Gym time for most schools is for, boys basketball, girls basketball, and indoor track. Most schools rent out facilities as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X