Soccer Viza, CT Force, Revolution United

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of clubs take older kids to Jeff cup. But that is pretty much their one overnight trip a year.

Ct force and revolution are on the low level for ct. They were not competitive last year in most age groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      your travel costs are way too high, good gravy!
      I think they those costs are a lowball. We have 2 drive-able tournaments, and one or 2 flightworthy tournaments a year.
      The nearby ones are usually 2 nights in a hotel, roughly 5 meals, and one night of excessive drinking. Let's ballpark it at $1k each, so $2k. Jeff Cup/Disney etc., you have to add flights and an extra day. So if it's just mom and dad and player it's another $2500. So that's $4500 just for tournaments, and assuming you don't make it to the finals in NC or Cali, another grand.

12 away games per year costs another generous lowball of $1000 for travel and expenses. ECNL still plays Sat and Sun so there's another 6 hotel stays a year.

Cleats, gear, camps easily another $1000.

Club dues at least $2500

That's over $10k and not including random costs like wear and tear on your car, tolls, parking, coaches gifts, tickets to Revs, college visits etc... Of course you can do the whole thing for about half the cost by carpooling and be that parent that drives to Florida to save money, or even better, put your kid in another family's room and make the other dad text you live updates, oh, and give your kid $40 for meals and I'll end up feeding her because she spent it on a t-shirt. And then, some people do the opposite, and make family vacations out of the trips and spend twice that amount. So it varies..

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...play-ecnl.html
      http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=144488

Comment

Beachside? Ferid let the air out of that club
        revolution? danbury only club
        rush - Prince did nothing except cry alot
        Ginga - everson only good coach
        Yankee - do your kids love to launch balls down field

CFC coach
        Revolution is Fairfield based. You're think of AC CT, which is Danbury based and does have a lot of girls teams that are also ok

Comment

Clubs.

Ac CT seems like a decent local club. AC Ct, ginga, Ct rush and even sporting seem to be the best local (non DA or Ecnl) clubs in Ct currently.

Yankee is solid above u13. Yankee plays in the most competitive league for non DA or Ecnl.

If your daughter is at the top level than CFC United is the place to look. But a long drive and big commitment.

Comment

Thank You to everyone.

This has helped.

Comment

Ac CT seems like a decent local club. AC Ct, ginga, Ct rush and even sporting seem to be the best local (non DA or Ecnl) clubs in Ct currently.

Yankee is solid above u13. Yankee plays in the most competitive league for non DA or Ecnl.

If your daughter is at the top level than CFC United is the place to look. But a long drive and big commitment.
              Coming from outside the US, you also have to consider the culture of the club in addition to the quality of teams. I know in Europe (especially some of the Scandinavian countries) clubs have very collegial and friendly environments. Even at some of the most intense and competitive clubs, the parents, coaches, directors get along.

You won't find much of that in the US... especially on the girl's side. With many clubs its become a blood sport on the sidelines with parents fighting to make sure their darling daughter gets the most attention/exposure.

Just don't base your decision entirely on the quality of the team or one particular coach. Try to get a sense of the club's culture and meet as many parents as possible. I won't say which clubs above are particularly good or bad, but coming from Europe, you will pick up the vibes after just a few minutes.

Comment

Stay far away from any club you hear associated with Fareed or Omar.

Comment

Omar best soccer player

Comment

Omar best soccer player
                    Omar show you his big trophy

Comment

Omar show you his big trophy
                      His wife?

Comment

We just moved into Westport from overseas and are looking for a team for our daughter. We took her to the above three teams to trial. She is born in 07 and we are wondering if there are any other clubs or teams close to Westport. If there are no other teams close can someone please give us some feedback on the above clubs. I am her parent, but when she was in Sweden she played at the top level. Thank You
                        I am a parent in the Revolution 2007 girls team and I do not miss any practice. I am sorry but you did not tryout with our team.

What's the real purpose of this post? 100% troll---

Comment

I am a parent in the Revolution 2007 girls team and I do not miss any practice. I am sorry but you did not tryout with our team.

What's the real purpose of this post? 100% troll---
                          You are a 100% freak with your perfect attendance

Comment

You are a 100% freak with your perfect attendance
                            not the op. not sure what this post is meant to be about. you pay for your kid to play premier and then have them skip practices? ok

Comment

Go try out at all the clubs listed above.

Inter, Rush, Yankee, ac conn, cfc and see for yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X