Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Very inaccurate statement, as RU consistently gets the cream of the crop from PDA and others get the scraps. That’s why it’s a bit frustrating that we have not won more at the collegiate level, but that should change soon.
    Why attract the scrutiny of NCAA? Win the league, choke in the first game, keep the gravy train rolling!

RU would need to improve their academic profile first. Partial scholarship + mediocre job prospects means you end up spending more in PDA than you get out from RU.

Comment

Why attract the scrutiny of NCAA? Win the league, choke in the first game, keep the gravy train rolling!

RU would need to improve their academic profile first. Partial scholarship + mediocre job prospects means you end up spending more in PDA than you get out from RU.
      True. Academically, an RU degree keeps you employed in NJ. Has little to no national value if you want to compete for top jobs elsewhere.

Comment

Reading this is laughable no one has “committed” to Rutgers that is that young. If they did they would be foolish to do so at such an young age. Keep options open as long as possible and do not make any commitment so early, plus isn’t that a recruiting violation?? I don’t think Rutgers would ever take that risk.
        In the past they have committed 9th graders from PDA. Recruiting violation? Please we are talking about the HC of Rutgers who is the DOC of PDA (and is at most games and most practices helping the coaches). NCAA doesn't care obviously.

Comment

Implies that Rutgers can win national titles without ever consistently recruiting PDAs best players. The only position they have had success recruiting from PDA is GK. Most of NJs best players over the last 5 years do not stay in NJ. They leverage soccer to better schools than Rutgers. That is not going to ever change. To win titles, Rutgers needs to recruit the best kids from OTHER states and I dont see that happening
          Not really, the GK's have had great dlines and middles. Btw - those two goals that bumped them out of league championships and NCAA's; were stoppable by other better GK's.

Comment

In the past they have committed 9th graders from PDA. Recruiting violation? Please we are talking about the HC of Rutgers who is the DOC of PDA (and is at most games and most practices helping the coaches). NCAA doesn't care obviously.
            not a recruiting violation to get a verbal until this year. and no violation this year.

obviously a couple of points to debate for an "unofficial verbal commitment":
            - are kids mentally ready to say "NO" to a DOC of their current club at age 14-15?
            - do committed kids get preferential treatment because they committed?
            - is being committed to RU valuable in the realm outside of "soccer life"

Comment

Very inaccurate statement, as RU consistently gets the cream of the crop from PDA and others get the scraps. That’s why it’s a bit frustrating that we have not won more at the collegiate level, but that should change soon.
              You answered your own question. If they are the cream of the crop, then why are the losing in the first round of the NCAAs ? Is that the level of PDAs best? Or maybe as I said, not the best AND they have to attract the best from other clubs and states

Comment

Not really, the GK's have had great dlines and middles. Btw - those two goals that bumped them out of league championships and NCAA's; were stoppable by other better GK's.
                i didnt say they were good, although i think they are. I said they represented the best PDA had that went to RU. Murphy was at the time PDAs best and McLelland was also at the time. I cant remember the last time PDAs best outfield player went to RU

Comment

not a recruiting violation to get a verbal until this year. and no violation this year.

obviously a couple of points to debate for an "unofficial verbal commitment":
                  - are kids mentally ready to say "NO" to a DOC of their current club at age 14-15?
                  - do committed kids get preferential treatment because they committed?
                  - is being committed to RU valuable in the realm outside of "soccer life"
                  Agreed. How do you turn down the DOC of your current club and expect to get playing time thereafter? And committed kids do get preferential treatment because they committed.

Comment

i didnt say they were good, although i think they are. I said they represented the best PDA had that went to RU. Murphy was at the time PDAs best and McLelland was also at the time. I cant remember the last time PDAs best outfield player went to RU
                    AAli is one, GProv is another.

Comment

True. Academically, an RU degree keeps you employed in NJ. Has little to no national value if you want to compete for top jobs elsewhere.
                      Agreed.

Comment

RU also recruits internationally and has been able to attract some high level players recently, is the womens recruiting also trending the way of the men’s?

Comment

AAli is one, GProv is another.
                          Please stop. Thats 2 players. Not going to get into whether they are good or not, but go look at how many players the really top programs have who are every bit as good as that and a lot more.

Comment

RU also recruits internationally and has been able to attract some high level players recently, is the womens recruiting also trending the way of the men’s?
                            They have? who exactly is high level and how does that reflect into the - PDA pipeline is so string narrative ?

Comment

They have? who exactly is high level and how does that reflect into the - PDA pipeline is so string narrative ?
                              Part of the ICC Futures contract for foreign teams was a "first right of refusal" for Rutgers should the players choose to not go pro and decide to play in a US College.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X