Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rutgers

Typical Rutgers today just cannot win the big game, shame too the women’s program has a pipeline into the best academy in the country, yet they still cannot get over the hump in the big 10, even on their home field. Very frustrating to watch as a fan, any idea why they cannot win a title with so much talent? Watching NC vs NC St now and the quality of play seems better...more possession and poise on the ball.

Maybe it isn't the best pipeline in the country?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Typical Rutgers today just cannot win the big game, shame too the women’s program has a pipeline into the best academy in the country, yet they still cannot get over the hump in the big 10, even on their home field. Very frustrating to watch as a fan, any idea why they cannot win a title with so much talent? Watching NC vs NC St now and the quality of play seems better...more possession and poise on the ball.
      At least they are in the BIG10. Idiot. Please stay at MFA you guys deserve each other.

Comment

PDA is indeed the best girls Academy in the world but it’s puzzling why that has not translated to Rutgers winning Big 10 and NCAA championships...MFA in the other hand more like D3 products.

Comment

Maybe it isn't the best pipeline in the country?
          its not. It may be the best in the NE, but when your elite talent goes elsewhere, you are left with similar player to everyone else. They play really boring soccer. An elite player with options rarely chooses Rutgers.

Comment

PDA is indeed the best girls Academy in the world but it’s puzzling why that has not translated to Rutgers winning Big 10 and NCAA championships...MFA in the other hand more like D3 products.
            its not puzzling at all. They dont have anywhere close to the best talent OR coaching. Why would they be a consistent national title challenger ?

Comment

its not. It may be the best in the NE, but when your elite talent goes elsewhere, you are left with similar player to everyone else. They play really boring soccer. An elite player with options rarely chooses Rutgers.
              Keep telling yourself that. Let me know how things work out in a few years for you

Comment

Because it isnt the best anymore. Running on an old and tired reputation.

Comment

Lost games in gda when every top club had most of the best/top level players. Needed to control that so hopped back into ecnl, a watered down league.

Comment

Sorry guys I agree that we should expect more out of Rutgers, when you guys say elite talent in NJ goes elsewhere, where is that? I thought that PDA sends its top talent to RU given the head of the academy also coaches Rutgers. I could not imagine a better and easier set up than that to recruit and retain top talent early in the process.

Comment

Ignore these MFA hacks that are just trying to bring down PDA and Rutgers. Rutgers is still the best program on the East Coast and the PDA recruiting pipeline alive and strong. MFA just jealous they can’t compete and frankly Rutgers don’t need any players from that mess of an “academy”. Their players go play in lower lever conferences, no chance to play in the top women’s soccer conf in the country the B1G!

Comment

Sorry guys I agree that we should expect more out of Rutgers, when you guys say elite talent in NJ goes elsewhere, where is that? I thought that PDA sends its top talent to RU given the head of the academy also coaches Rutgers. I could not imagine a better and easier set up than that to recruit and retain top talent early in the process.
                        Agreed that PDA sends alot of their players to Rutgers but they are also playing against multiple players coming from multiple sources from some of the best ECNL & DA programs in the country. Its like Rutgers (PDA Players) are playing against all star teams. I have to side with Rutgers (PDA) for hanging in with a tough conference and still able to be ranked in the TOP 20 each year

Comment

Ignore these MFA hacks that are just trying to bring down PDA and Rutgers. Rutgers is still the best program on the East Coast and the PDA recruiting pipeline alive and strong. MFA just jealous they can’t compete and frankly Rutgers don’t need any players from that mess of an “academy”. Their players go play in lower lever conferences, no chance to play in the top women’s soccer conf in the country the B1G!
                          East Coast is a lot of ground to cover. I would argue that not only MatchFit but McLean and Bethesda will give them a run in ECNL.

And GDA better programs such as FC VA, Penn Fusion, PA Classics, NC Courage, Top Hat.

Need I go on?

So not the best on the East Coast at all. One of the best. No one league or team or club has that prestige anymore.

Comment

Agreed that PDA sends alot of their players to Rutgers but they are also playing against multiple players coming from multiple sources from some of the best ECNL & DA programs in the country. Its like Rutgers (PDA Players) are playing against all star teams. I have to side with Rutgers (PDA) for hanging in with a tough conference and still able to be ranked in the TOP 20 each year
                            This is a crazy post.

Any top team is playing against AllStar teams. Play UVA, Stanford, UCLA and let me know how Rutgers does?

Comment

Keep telling yourself that. Let me know how things work out in a few years for you
                              *** does how it works out for me or mine have toi do with it. Objectivity tells me all i need to know. These people who suggest that to have an opinion your kid must be of a certain level are lost.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X