X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I swear you just described Stars.

Talking to a Stars parent (older than this) on their Blue team and that's exactly what he said they do: "We have big backs who just launch the ball and our forwards press until they turn it over. It's not pretty, but seems effective."

That's the exact quote.
    Much easier as a coach to pick big, strong, fast players than to actually coach them soccer, maybe this says more about the coaches of said teams?

Comment

To confirm - you said, lack of athletes? Are we running track?
      No, what they have is bigger kids that clogged up the field and booted it long to an equally big forward... on the 9v9 field. Every long kick is a breakaway opportunity. That doesn’t work on the big field, the ball just gets turned right back into the offensive third. It’s not a strategy for winning at u13-14, the best players leave and the others go to track. So maybe I am talking about that.

Comment

No, what they have is bigger kids that clogged up the field and booted it long to an equally big forward... on the 9v9 field. Every long kick is a breakaway opportunity. That doesn’t work on the big field, the ball just gets turned right back into the offensive third. It’s not a strategy for winning at u13-14, the best players leave and the others go to track. So maybe I am talking about that.
        Sounds like they are beating your team, and you are trying to rationalize.

Comment

Hardly, definitely beat my D’s team at the younger ages, they wouldn’t have a shot now, which was my point. Not trying to be critical, its just fact that at older age groups they aren’t as good. Although, I guess, it would be hard to prove with stupid ECNL and DA splitting up all good competition locally.

Comment

Quite often big physical teams can be really effective on a 9v9 field. Too bad many teams/coaches play for results over developments and don’t help their athletes develop into soccer players, which is why they get found out come 11v11.

IMO coaches aren’t going to get fired for losing a few games at youth level, perhaps it’s their egos which get in the way?

Either way i am happy my D is an environment where the club/coach is focused on a possession based game.

Comment

Quite often big physical teams can be really effective on a 9v9 field. Too bad many teams/coaches play for results over developments and don’t help their athletes develop into soccer players, which is why they get found out come 11v11.

IMO coaches aren’t going to get fired for losing a few games at youth level, perhaps it’s their egos which get in the way?

Either way i am happy my D is an environment where the club/coach is focused on a possession based game.
              Where are you playing?

Comment

This is why we need to consolidate leagues as much as possible. I know that we will never have a single league, however, the NEP should merge the two NPL leagues. At least then we would be able to see all of these teams play one another. If you Had just GDA, ECNL and NPL we would have much more competition. That would mean “ECNL Regional” go back to NPL and put them with the NEP NPL teams.

I know, I’m living in fairy tale land.

Comment

MA only 2006 list;

NEFC DA
                  SSS DA
                  Stars Blue
                  Stars White
                  Scorpions
                  Liverpool
                  NEFC South (Could be classed as RI)
                  NEFC West
                  NEFC NS
                  Stars Regional Blue
                  and Stars Regional White

Comment

I swear you just described Stars.

Talking to a Stars parent (older than this) on their Blue team and that's exactly what he said they do: "We have big backs who just launch the ball and our forwards press until they turn it over. It's not pretty, but seems effective."

That's the exact quote.
                    thats just the stars blue team. thats how SM coaches.

Comment

thats just the stars blue team. thats how SM coaches.
                      Different coach.

I thought the Blue team was the A team?

Comment

They also lost 8-1, yes 8, I repeat, a U14 ECNL team lost to another ECNL team who play in their same division at a tournament, 8-1. I understand World Class are good but losing 8-1 is a disgrace
                        Pretty awful, agreed. And yet, they beat both Stars teams.

Comment

This is why we need to consolidate leagues as much as possible. I know that we will never have a single league, however, the NEP should merge the two NPL leagues. At least then we would be able to see all of these teams play one another. If you Had just GDA, ECNL and NPL we would have much more competition. That would mean “ECNL Regional” go back to NPL and put them with the NEP NPL teams.

I know, I’m living in fairy tale land.
                          I agree and wish the ECNL regional did go back to NPL and played in NEP NPL

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2590564]and Stars Regional White[/QUOTE

Troll

Comment

They did beat us at 9v9 when it was a smaller field.

At 11v11 this team struggles a lot due to no style of play. Shame as they have some talented athletes, just need coaching the right way.

Comment

How are the 2006 teams fairing at Carolina?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X