X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news shaun pendleton found dead

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...1961-2011.html

Especially sad. He was the most winning DII coach, at Lynn for so long and such a good coach that touched many lives. What I am hearing is that he died by his own hand.

Comment

holly**** I can't believe what Im reading. I just spoke to him last month........
      My prayers go out to his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Especially sad. He was the most winning DII coach, at Lynn for so long and such a good coach that touched many lives. What I am hearing is that he died by his own hand.
        Is it really necessary to say how he died?

Comment

Is it really necessary to say how he died?
          Why not?

Comment

Why not?
            Probably from the standpoint that the family is grieving and you may want to be sympathetic about it.

Comment

robbed

This is the side of Shaun that most don't know. People say you need to be of color to feel the full effects of racism. The sad the truth about Shaun that he was racist against just about any sort of person that was not English. I was a member of the Lynn soccer team in the 1990's. I was there before he arrived. I was on a full ride. I'm a American born player. After just one practice, he brought me into his office and told me that my full ride was going to be taken away from me and that I should pack my bags. I was not part of his plan. He replaced me with a player from his beloved England. I did follow most of his coaching career. He did very little for the American born players. I would venture to say over 85% of his rosters were players outside of US. He used and abused his right as a US college coach. Truth is Lynn was a power house before he got there. Sure it was a NAIA school at the time, but just about anyone would have loved to be part of it. He turned it into a place for rejected English students. I feel the loss for his family. He robbed them just like he robbed me of my college career. You will not be missed on my end.........

Comment

This is the side of Shaun that most don't know. People say you need to be of color to feel the full effects of racism. The sad the truth about Shaun that he was racist against just about any sort of person that was not English. I was a member of the Lynn soccer team in the 1990's. I was there before he arrived. I was on a full ride. I'm a American born player. After just one practice, he brought me into his office and told me that my full ride was going to be taken away from me and that I should pack my bags. I was not part of his plan. He replaced me with a player from his beloved England. I did follow most of his coaching career. He did very little for the American born players. I would venture to say over 85% of his rosters were players outside of US. He used and abused his right as a US college coach. Truth is Lynn was a power house before he got there. Sure it was a NAIA school at the time, but just about anyone would have loved to be part of it. He turned it into a place for rejected English students. I feel the loss for his family. He robbed them just like he robbed me of my college career. You will not be missed on my end.........
                Is this really necessary? Have some dignity...the guy is dead. If what you say is true I would expect the current roster to be full of guys from England and there is a grand total of 3 UK players.

Comment

He did very little for the American born players. I would venture to say over 85% of his rosters were players outside of US.
                  85%? It doesn't look that way to me:

http://www.goasu.com/SportSelect.dbm...8&SPSID=106982

Comment

De mortuis nil nisi bonum

Google it.

Comment

2011-12 = 11% foreign

2010-11 = 24% foreign

2009-10 = 14% foreign

2008-09 = 10% foreign

What you are, is a giant, domestic DOUCHE BAG.

Comment

This year Lynn University is 88% foreign players

Comment

This year Lynn University is 88% foreign players
                          That's great. Shaun hasn't been the coach at Lynn since 2007. He was the coach at Appalachian State University from 2008 until his death in early September. While he may have recruited some of those Lynn players I doubt that he recruited many. The guy is dead. Let him RIP.

Comment

That's great. Shaun hasn't been the coach at Lynn since 2007. He was the coach at Appalachian State University from 2008 until his death in early September. While he may have recruited some of those Lynn players I doubt that he recruited many. The guy is dead. Let him RIP.
                            The stats may be off, but the the technique was similar at APP. The amazing thing is how folks keep coming along on blogs and Wikipedia and such, cleaning up everything everyone says about Pendleton. Full of indignatioin over blemishes to the legacy of a man who made choices and couldn't face them. Its too late to do the right thing. He may be gone but the kids he messed with are still dealing with how he operated. Time to come clean.

Comment

Today is Veteran's Day

The stats may be off, but the the technique was similar at APP. The amazing thing is how folks keep coming along on blogs and Wikipedia and such, cleaning up everything everyone says about Pendleton. Full of indignatioin over blemishes to the legacy of a man who made choices and couldn't face them. Its too late to do the right thing. He may be gone but the kids he messed with are still dealing with how he operated. Time to come clean.
                              Just wanted to take a moment to thank all our Veterans out there.

Thank you for your service!

Comment

Working...
                              X