GA Trying Something New

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fine. Sure, they may not get all requested changes, but why not give the girls some leadership opportunities and a chance to collaborate with other girls across the country with similar interests. These kids may not have time for student council and other such collaborative clubs involving group discussion. They can put it on their resume. Do other clubs at this level really still have parent team managers influencing coaches? I thought that was just town teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Let's call a spade a spade here. All GA is was a way for club directors to save face with the quick and utter failure of DA. GA is nothing more than a stop gap for the club owners. They know it. Parents know it and the older teams know it.
      Many had nowhere to go so had little choice but stick it it for this year - and by that I mean clubs and players. We all kind of knew GDA wouldn't last last but no one predicted a pandemic would speed up the dying process

Comment

It's fine. Sure, they may not get all requested changes, but why not give the girls some leadership opportunities and a chance to collaborate with other girls across the country with similar interests. These kids may not have time for student council and other such collaborative clubs involving group discussion. They can put it on their resume. Do other clubs at this level really still have parent team managers influencing coaches? I thought that was just town teams.
        Some premier teams still do, but usually not at this higher level. Maybe a parent rep to organize a team dinner or things like that. Larger and better run clubs have staff to do the heavier lifting with scheduling, hotels etc

Comment

As a parent of a GA player it all comes down to the level of comp. With that said the GA is not good at all. And most clubs still do not let them play high school. This is a stop gap so clubs did not go under in a year or less the good teams jump to the ECNL and the rest go EDP

Comment

As a parent of a GA player it all comes down to the level of comp. With that said the GA is not good at all. And most clubs still do not let them play high school. This is a stop gap so clubs did not go under in a year or less the good teams jump to the ECNL and the rest go EDP
            The best way to look at GAL is to think it was quickly set up by embarrassed club directors looking to save face, forming a league very quickly and without much thought. C'mon on man!! DA folds early April and GAL is formed only a few weeks later?? If anyone thinks this is enough time to form a national league well then I have some ice to sell you in Alaska!

The club directors did not want to see the exodus of soooooooo many players so they came up with this idea which has many, many holes to it and, as always, money-or lack of- is at the forefront. The GAL is doomed from the start. The league A. does not have enough money
            B. has absolutely no competition for top teams like Tophat and NEFC who are desperately looking to get out already.

Comment

The best way to look at GAL is to think it was quickly set up by embarrassed club directors looking to save face, forming a league very quickly and without much thought. C'mon on man!! DA folds early April and GAL is formed only a few weeks later?? If anyone thinks this is enough time to form a national league well then I have some ice to sell you in Alaska!

The club directors did not want to see the exodus of soooooooo many players so they came up with this idea which has many, many holes to it and, as always, money-or lack of- is at the forefront. The GAL is doomed from the start. The league A. does not have enough money
              B. has absolutely no competition for top teams like Tophat and NEFC who are desperately looking to get out already.
              Sssooooooooo tired of hearing how NEFC has no competition in this league. You would think, if this were true, that they wouldn't be rolling out a .500 record so far. And, about the same last year, too.

Comment

We are an NEFC family, giving GA a chance because we’ve been with the club for some time and liked the coaches and teammates. I had low expectations for the Fall and even those aren’t being met. I know COvid has messed things up a bit but i see ECNL clubs playing games and entering tournaments. For the first time since the implosion of DA my D and I spoke about ECNL as an option.

Comment

We are an NEFC family, giving GA a chance because we’ve been with the club for some time and liked the coaches and teammates. I had low expectations for the Fall and even those aren’t being met. I know COvid has messed things up a bit but i see ECNL clubs playing games and entering tournaments. For the first time since the implosion of DA my D and I spoke about ECNL as an option.
                  So, if you are an NEFC family you also know you are playing games. You know that your club isn't rolling over the competition across all your age groups. You also know that as you get older, your team will be playing games in the fall and ECNL will not. You also know that you will be entering tournaments later in the fall, at about the same time the ECNL clubs are.

C'mon man...

Comment

Sssooooooooo tired of hearing how NEFC has no competition in this league. You would think, if this were true, that they wouldn't be rolling out a .500 record so far. And, about the same last year, too.
                    i have nothing to question the .500 but that seems absurd when playing the likes of Seacoast, Oakwood and South Shore Select. How are they .500 as you say they are? 08's and 07's are undefeated very easily! How are the other teams doing?

Comment

i have nothing to question the .500 but that seems absurd when playing the likes of Seacoast, Oakwood and South Shore Select. How are they .500 as you say they are? 08's and 07's are undefeated very easily! How are the other teams doing?
                      I caught the 04 and 05 games v Seacoast and both were tight. I think they both were 1-0 (they split) and looking over the last few years results, seems they are usually tight.

You can go look at the league results to verify their records.

Personally, I think too many of you pump up some teams and discredit others based on the particular age group you are familiar with.

Comment

Christ it's like three games into the season! How about giving it some time, for all the clubs, to see what they have?

Comment

So, if you are an NEFC family you also know you are playing games. You know that your club isn't rolling over the competition across all your age groups. You also know that as you get older, your team will be playing games in the fall and ECNL will not. You also know that you will be entering tournaments later in the fall, at about the same time the ECNL clubs are.

C'mon man...
                          Really, how many games? More weekends off than games. Not so sure about Fall tournaments.. none scheduled, for now at least. Maybe you know more than i do, larger point is I see other clubs much more engaged than ours, and that has highlighted some differences that I didn’t believe existed in the summer

Comment

Really, how many games? More weekends off than games. Not so sure about Fall tournaments.. none scheduled, for now at least. Maybe you know more than i do, larger point is I see other clubs much more engaged than ours, and that has highlighted some differences that I didn’t believe existed in the summer
                            yah I see Stars and Scorpions literally playing every single weekend. Those clubs seem way more engaged than NEFC

Comment

If you are a part of NEFC, you also understand in Year 1 they are holding true to their expectations. Will there be games in fall in future years? This year will tell us all if they can and use the old GDA model, if they can't they will go with the ECNL model, or some hybrid of the two (currently).

As for tournaments, again, Year 1 along with travel restrictions will prevent anything in the fall....as was communicated to us. A Regional showcase is being discussed for November, and the National for April is still out there. All depends on the easing of travel restrictions.

Comment

yah I see Stars and Scorpions literally playing every single weekend. Those clubs seem way more engaged than NEFC
                                Gee...I looked at our age group and don't see Stars and Scorpions playing until December....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X