Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDA Shore

Another player left our team for CSA Monmouth....what is happening at PDA Shore as this is the second player that left recently. I can see players leaving for PDA North as an upgrade but CSA Monmouth seems like a lateral move at best.....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another player left our team for CSA Monmouth....what is happening at PDA Shore as this is the second player that left recently. I can see players leaving for PDA North as an upgrade but CSA Monmouth seems like a lateral move at best.....
    What age group?

Keep in mind you guys are ECRL. Regardless of what you think of the GA, that league is way more competitive than ECRL. That being said, CSA Monmouth is a mess on the girls side but supposedly has a few decent coaches mixed in.

Comment

What age group?

Keep in mind you guys are ECRL. Regardless of what you think of the GA, that league is way more competitive than ECRL. That being said, CSA Monmouth is a mess on the girls side but supposedly has a few decent coaches mixed in.
      Not sure about all the age groups at CSA, but the 08 & 09 girls teams are actually doing well with the addition of the new coach from Lehigh Valley. Major improvement from the last guy they had, and this coach is actually TRAINING the girls rather than just keep recruiting new players. We saw our friends daughter play over the weekend and were really impressed with how much they improved. Best thing to happen to CSA was bringing this coach over. Now if they can just fix the rest of the girls side.....

Comment

Not sure where you see PDA Shore listed as an ECRL club. I thought those moved to PDA South? Either way though they ECRL teams currently at South have very little chance of ever reaching PDA South ECNL rosters. My guess is some players/parents realize this and move on.

Comment

Not sure where you see PDA Shore listed as an ECRL club. I thought those moved to PDA South? Either way though they ECRL teams currently at South have very little chance of ever reaching PDA South ECNL rosters. My guess is some players/parents realize this and move on.
          Your assessment is correct as the girls get older families realize that PDA Shore is basically a $ grab and will always be second fiddle (heck probably fourth fiddle) to PDA North. Players that are making the move (even to GAL) are seeing the writing on the wall. Just my 2 cents for all its worth.

Comment

If a pda shore team plays its home games at north and calls itself pda ecrl blue or white then pda shore becomes ecrl. And it’s been my experience that shore parents do not, for the most part, think it’s a $ grab. They continue to pay 1-2 teams deep.

Comment

I guess you might be right. I'm sure some parents are looking at their kid playing EDP/USYS and want an "elite" league experience as well as not being the bottom of the PDA barrel now that South got ECNL.

Comment

If a pda shore team plays its home games at north and calls itself pda ecrl blue or white then pda shore becomes ecrl. And it’s been my experience that shore parents do not, for the most part, think it’s a $ grab. They continue to pay 1-2 teams deep.
                If my D's team plays @ PDA north as the ECRL team then they are PDA (insert color) ECRL not Shore.

Comment

If my D's team plays @ PDA north as the ECRL team then they are PDA (insert color) ECRL not Shore.
                  That's reasonable. How do you feel about the ecrl competition so far this year?

Comment

Living in Monmouth county, let me assure you that PDA Shore is ECNL-RL.

But the parents often leave off the RL and tell people their daughters are playing ECNL and on “the pathway” (lolz)

The Kool-aid and blinders are in full effect so they can wrap themselves in the powder blue gear.

Comment

That's reasonable. How do you feel about the ecrl competition so far this year?
                      Well that’s the problem ECRL competition is very weak and so if you’re a decent team playing in ECRL you’ll blow everyone out and virtually get nothing out of it in terms of a challenge and prep for tougher matches.

Comment

Well that’s the problem ECRL competition is very weak and so if you’re a decent team playing in ECRL you’ll blow everyone out and virtually get nothing out of it in terms of a challenge and prep for tougher matches.
                        I guess I was asking because there was speculation that there was going to be some movement from former DA clubs to ECNL and ECRL. With that thought in mind, some kids who were on ECNL squads may have been pushed down and therefore made ECRL a bit better. It was just speculation without any game data behind it.

Comment

I guess I was asking because there was speculation that there was going to be some movement from former DA clubs to ECNL and ECRL. With that thought in mind, some kids who were on ECNL squads may have been pushed down and therefore made ECRL a bit better. It was just speculation without any game data behind it.
                          Maybe movement to ECNL mid-way or next year but I doubt any GA player will move to an ECRL team. Might as well go back to EDP township.

Comment

Maybe movement to ECNL mid-way or next year but I doubt any GA player will move to an ECRL team. Might as well go back to EDP township.
                            Correct makes no sense to move to an ECRL team....unless you’re lower level EDP (Div 2/3). Top USYS EDP teams even regularly beat ECNL teams so they would destroy most ECRL teams. The other poster had it right you don’t want to be a good team playing (and there are some, but very few) in a weak ECRL that dies nothing for growth and development.

Comment

Correct makes no sense to move to an ECRL team....unless you’re lower level EDP (Div 2/3). Top USYS EDP teams even regularly beat ECNL teams so they would destroy most ECRL teams. The other poster had it right you don’t want to be a good team playing (and there are some, but very few) in a weak ECRL that dies nothing for growth and development.
                              Well.....Maybe top USYS teams but not most D1/2 teams. But yeah, ECRL isn't something to jump to unless you are lower 1/3rd USYS D2 and below.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X