Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select parents are above the rules

Waiting for my kid's game to start so watching a select scrimmage... select v select. A guy told me it is two DPL teams... There are two Dads standing here inches apart no masks. Multiple groups of families with two parents and little kids. Few kids on the field have masks around chin never even pretending to pull it up. So when soccer gets shut down we can point the finger at Select as being part of the problem.

Also I'm hoping it is three DPL teams because there are a total of 16 kids on the sidelines waiting to be subbed in. Damn Select makes a killing if they are charging $4000 and putting 20 kids on a roster at the DPL level.

I’m outraged!

Comment

OOOOOh I smell fake news hoping to get clubs in trouble. Fly away Covid Karen.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        OOOOOh I smell fake news hoping to get clubs in trouble. Fly away Covid Karen.
        This is how everyone is playing.

Comment

Nope not fake. parents getting in trouble = no more soccer for the kids. Just not worth it. Put on the mask and leave the siblings at home.

Comment

Coming from the ignorant douche who wears his/her mask at the grocery store down around their chin. Get a life!!!

Comment

Original post is definitely someone with an agenda against a particular club. We had games earlier & we observed same "violations" from opposition side. So "infractions" are definitely not specific to certain clubs. The problem is with INDIVIDUAL parents. We wish everyone would look past their agendas & just get on board till things settle down. It was such a beautiful day! Great to see kids play, even with modifications. This is all temporary. Stay focused on the priority...kids

Comment

It was so great being out watching kids play. I also enjoyed that it was so easy to park. I guess that is a silver lining of the one spectator rule. Please parents wear the mask, follow the rules so that the kids can keep playing.

Comment

You are going to see these threads about every single club. The reason you will see them is because rational people do not want to comply with irrational rules. Stop saying everyone should follow the rules so the kids can play. Instead say everyone should break the rules so the kids can actually play normal soccer with normal soccer rules. Every rational parent knows that these new rules are useless. This is a democracy,we have the power. Push back

Comment

Rules are mandated by state. If you read protocols, you will notice they are not listed as irrational protocols. That is YOUR opinion, which is fine, you are entitled. However, if your solution to not follow protocols, then stay home. But blatantly ignoring protocols is not solution. Solution is for everyone to follow guidelines until this thing blows over. Your plan of ignoring guidelines is selfish. If you don't like rules, get them changed. But ignoring is not solution

Comment

I have resentfuly followed the rules. I am just ready to push back. You also sound slightly annoyed by the useless rules. We should all be allies and not turning on and reporting one another.

Comment

There is no reporting each other. To my knowledge no one is calling the board of health or leagues. But it only takes one Kare to make those phone calls. Every town's board of health is doing spot checks on permitted events (like fields being used for soccer). It is not worth the risk of a league losing its permit to use a field because one a couple Dads don't want to wear a mask.

Comment

I have resentfuly followed the rules. I am just ready to push back. You also sound slightly annoyed by the useless rules. We should all be allies and not turning on and reporting one another.
                          Yes, annoyed by protocols. However, "ready to push back"? No. What does that accomplish? It certainly doesn't help us get to our endgame. In fact, it does the opposite, putting the immediate future of a fall season in jeopardy.
                          It was absolutely wonderful watching our player on the field today! We do not want to jeopardize that. Not in the least. Its been too long. We wear masks. Not too much to ask & not too difficult to accommodate.
                          No one should be calling authorities. If there's an issue, handle it in house. Talk to your coach & let them handle it at field.

Comment

Yes, annoyed by protocols. However, "ready to push back"? No. What does that accomplish? It certainly doesn't help us get to our endgame. In fact, it does the opposite, putting the immediate future of a fall season in jeopardy.
                            It was absolutely wonderful watching our player on the field today! We do not want to jeopardize that. Not in the least. Its been too long. We wear masks. Not too much to ask & not too difficult to accommodate.
                            No one should be calling authorities. If there's an issue, handle it in house. Talk to your coach & let them handle it at field.
                            I am sincerely happy that you enjoyed today. No joke,my kid is thrilled to be playing. I am angry because I wasn't permitted to watch my own child play because of the one parent rule. It will do nothing to prevent the spread of covid. It just punishes people that have been punished for 6 straight months. Yes I'm ready to push back. We all should be.

Comment

Yes, hear you. Just try & hold the fort down a little longer. Season just started, hopefully we get good results from everyone's vigilance. Perhaps restrictions will ease up soon due to positive trends from everyone's dedication. Stay focused on priority...kids

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X