Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 13, 2020

Is this the most important day in the history of youth club soccer in Massachusetts?

I think it is.

Good luck to you all... parents, players, coaches, referees.
    It's going to be a beautiful day for the beautiful game in our state.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this the most important day in the history of youth club soccer in Massachusetts?

I think it is.

Good luck to you all... parents, players, coaches, referees.
    It's going to be a beautiful day for the beautiful game in our state.
    It may be. But it may also be the first and last game day this Fall. Just wait...

Comment

It may be. But it may also be the first and last game day this Fall. Just wait...
      You’re just a happy little bucket of sunshine aren’t you?

Comment

Right on schedule. COVID Karen is back...She can't help herself.
        So excited so many schools and sports have reopened!

Comment

It will not be the last if parents follow the NEP rules. I don't know what other leagues have for rules but NEP ones are pretty clear. I'd say 90 percent were being followed. few parent without masks. Hopefully coaches will tell them. to get with it so everyone can play all Fall.

Comment

It will not be the last if parents follow the NEP rules. I don't know what other leagues have for rules but NEP ones are pretty clear. I'd say 90 percent were being followed. few parent without masks. Hopefully coaches will tell them. to get with it so everyone can play all Fall.
            Why would I wear friggin mask when I'm 10-15 feet away from parents on either side? We're in NEP and have been to 4 fall scrimmages and games now including the opener today and 10-20% of the parents are wearing mask which is certainly their perogative. Everyone else is just spacing out and having conversations from 10 feet away. And yes, the kids aren't wearing masks from whistle to whistle. A little common sense goes a long way.

Now if they'd only get rid of the rule where play is stopped every 20 seconds whenever there is upper body contact. Kids are not adjusting their play in that regard nor should they.

Comment

Why would I wear friggin mask when I'm 10-15 feet away from parents on either side? We're in NEP and have been to 4 fall scrimmages and games now including the opener today and 10-20% of the parents are wearing mask which is certainly their perogative. Everyone else is just spacing out and having conversations from 10 feet away. And yes, the kids aren't wearing masks from whistle to whistle. A little common sense goes a long way.

Now if they'd only get rid of the rule where play is stopped every 20 seconds whenever there is upper body contact. Kids are not adjusting their play in that regard nor should they.
              Are you stupid? Why would you wear a "friggin mask?" You'd wear a "friggin mask" because they asked you to. Because it's in the interest of public health. Modeling responsible behavior. So kids can go to school. So kids can continue to play. It's not a question of prerogative (correct spelling), it's a question of intelligence at this point. Seeing you not wearing a mask tells me everything I need to know about you.

Comment

Great games yesterday. In our u12 game the refs didn't worry about any of the dumb rules so the only meaningful differences were the kick-ins.

Should be a great season.

Comment

Great games yesterday. In our u12 game the refs didn't worry about any of the dumb rules so the only meaningful differences were the kick-ins.

Should be a great season.
                  Not in my boy's U13 game... referees were absolute "nazis" in regards to the mask usage and threaten to report the team to the league. Ridiculous.

Comment

Not in my boy's U13 game... referees were absolute "nazis" in regards to the mask usage and threaten to report the team to the league. Ridiculous.
                    Oh the kids wore the masks, which is funny of course because we are all up in New Hampshire last weekend without them, but the refs didn't call any of the "grouping" fouls.

Comment

Are you stupid? Why would you wear a "friggin mask?" You'd wear a "friggin mask" because they asked you to. Because it's in the interest of public health. Modeling responsible behavior. So kids can go to school. So kids can continue to play. It's not a question of prerogative (correct spelling), it's a question of intelligence at this point. Seeing you not wearing a mask tells me everything I need to know about you.
                      If I'm 10 feet away from other parents, never coming within 6ft of them, WHY DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK? It's my PREROGATIVE (you're welcome for the correct spelling) to not wear one if I'm staying almost more than double the recommend distance from people at all times.

Comment

No one asked/told/suggested parents in our team or club to wear masks on the sidelines for this season. And apparently the teams we've played or scrimmaged are in the same boat. I don't know where that requirement came from but it was never passed on nor does anyone apparently think its necessary based on looking to my left and to my right for the 4 games we've been apart of. People with access to it are using common sense.

Comment

No one asked/told/suggested parents in our team or club to wear masks on the sidelines for this season. And apparently the teams we've played or scrimmaged are in the same boat. I don't know where that requirement came from but it was never passed on nor does anyone apparently think its necessary based on looking to my left and to my right for the 4 games we've been apart of. People with access to it are using common sense.
                          MYSA rules are crystal clear on this point. some clubs are recommending it some aren't. i know of a town academy team that has a "covid spotter" that is looking for violations and i was at a game yesterday where the ref stopped a game to ask a spectator to put their mask on

i am guessing it will be enforced sometimes, always, not at all, and every variation in between, but it could definitely cause soccer to get shut back down if there are cases and people aren't following the rules

Comment

MYSA rules are crystal clear on this point. some clubs are recommending it some aren't. i know of a town academy team that has a "covid spotter" that is looking for violations and i was at a game yesterday where the ref stopped a game to ask a spectator to put their mask on

i am guessing it will be enforced sometimes, always, not at all, and every variation in between, but it could definitely cause soccer to get shut back down if there are cases and people aren't following the rules
                            It will be shut down as well even if people are following rules (assuming they know about them ... most people are certainly not scouring the web for overreaching MA only rules) and there are cases.

Comment

It will be shut down as well even if people are following rules (assuming they know about them ... most people are certainly not scouring the web for overreaching MA only rules) and there are cases.
                              Nothing is getting shut down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X