Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not sure where your getting your info from. We have games scheduled every weekend into dec.
    There's this crazy new fact finding device called "The internet." There are very few leagues games scheduled and some clubs you play twice. Not even the younger non HS teams have games every weekend. If your schedule is full it's not with GAL games.

https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/1805

Comment

the schedule is set up to allow some hs games for those who who want. best of both worlds.
      Ha ha Or watered down BS, depending on your POV

Comment

I’m a parent on GA and it’s worse then I was hoping for so far. I was optimistic but fall will be a disaster as we keep playing very bad teams. The teams we played so far were really bad. Those teams were bad last year but it just was very poor soccer. This isn’t high level academy soccer at all. Hoping Spring gets better.

Comment

I’m a parent on GA and it’s worse then I was hoping for so far. I was optimistic but fall will be a disaster as we keep playing very bad teams. The teams we played so far were really bad. Those teams were bad last year but it just was very poor soccer. This isn’t high level academy soccer at all. Hoping Spring gets better.
          What age group is your daughter in?

Comment

Unfortunately you are correct, some very good teams are a former shadow of themselves. Hopefully the level of play gets better as we see other clubs...hard to tell what quality is left.

Comment

I am sorry and I appreciate your honesty. As usual it’s the kids who suffer and the parents who pay while dishonest clubs and DOCs keep on rolling.

Comment

Looks like it’s going to be a long season for the cedar stars Monmouth 06 girls team
                Unfortunately you are correct, some very good teams are a former shadow of themselves. Hopefully the level of play gets better as we see other clubs...hard to tell what quality is left.

Comment

Looks like it’s going to be a long season for the cedar stars Monmouth 06 girls team
                  Plenty of teams in the GA that are even worse than this team so I’m sure they will be ok. As another poster eluded to the problem is that a lot of good players left a lot of the former DAs. So the overall left of play is diluted.

Comment

Plenty of teams in the GA that are even worse than this team so I’m sure they will be ok. As another poster eluded to the problem is that a lot of good players left a lot of the former DAs. So the overall left of play is diluted.
                    I'm not sure how any of you can base the future on the GA, or any other league, based on a couple of games. Please keep in mind that some teams only started up full practices a month or so ago. They are no where - where they should/would be right now if we didn't lose the spring and summer. The fall season is not going to be anywhere close to what you've come to expect from past experiences. Most kids did nothing during the quarantine, so right there alone you have a bunch of kids out of shape. Most clubs haven't had formal training and followed the guidelines so there you have the training part of it. (Even though some clubs DID practice during the quarantine.) If any of you are going to sit here and bitch about the level of talent after a 5 month shut down, I only pray that my kid isn't playing on your team. I'm taking it for what it is, and I'm just happy my daughter is playing again. I think you all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and stop putting so much into it right now. Give the teams a chance to catch up. You all act like the 5 month shut down never happened.

Comment

I'm not sure how any of you can base the future on the GA, or any other league, based on a couple of games. Please keep in mind that some teams only started up full practices a month or so ago. They are no where - where they should/would be right now if we didn't lose the spring and summer. The fall season is not going to be anywhere close to what you've come to expect from past experiences. Most kids did nothing during the quarantine, so right there alone you have a bunch of kids out of shape. Most clubs haven't had formal training and followed the guidelines so there you have the training part of it. (Even though some clubs DID practice during the quarantine.) If any of you are going to sit here and bitch about the level of talent after a 5 month shut down, I only pray that my kid isn't playing on your team. I'm taking it for what it is, and I'm just happy my daughter is playing again. I think you all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and stop putting so much into it right now. Give the teams a chance to catch up. You all act like the 5 month shut down never happened.
                      You can tell. It's not just about being out of shape. Most clubs lost better players and didn't pick up new ones anything close to equivalent. That lowers the level of the entire league.

Comment

You can tell. It's not just about being out of shape. Most clubs lost better players and didn't pick up new ones anything close to equivalent. That lowers the level of the entire league.
                        I personally know of 2 girls who were top DA players that decided NOT to play this fall. So, they didn't leave the GA to go to another league, they left soccer all together. From whatbthe one parent told me, she didn't feel safe with sending her kid back. I'm sure quite a few talented players took this approach. Saying that "all the talented kids left the GA" is untrue. Know one can really say for sure why teams aren't as good as they were, but to sit and complain about it is stupid.

Comment

Totally a agree and it’s actually a sad state of affairs that so many would wish for the league to fail - give it a chance. We as consumers are all better off with competition, and the ECNL needs national competition because PDA has a monopoly in this area.

The other point I would like to add is at least the GA HS teams are actually PLAYING. School soccer at this point is up in the air or canceled for many and for those that do play it will be a watered down shortened season.

So say what you will but the ECNL aged HS teams in my area are not doing anything - meanwhile my kids GA team is offering 3 practices a week and scrimmages when we don’t have games on the weekend. There are many girls on her team that aren’t playing HS ball for various reasons and those that are playing HS ball don’t have to come to everything. It has been a win/win, and the team has been improving immensely.

Comment

Totally a agree and it’s actually a sad state of affairs that so many would wish for the league to fail - give it a chance. We as consumers are all better off with competition, and the ECNL needs national competition because PDA has a monopoly in this area.

The other point I would like to add is at least the GA HS teams are actually PLAYING. School soccer at this point is up in the air or canceled for many and for those that do play it will be a watered down shortened season.

So say what you will but the ECNL aged HS teams in my area are not doing anything - meanwhile my kids GA team is offering 3 practices a week and scrimmages when we don’t have games on the weekend. There are many girls on her team that aren’t playing HS ball for various reasons and those that are playing HS ball don’t have to come to everything. It has been a win/win, and the team has been improving immensely.
                            I don't wish for the league to fail, I just think it's hilarious that people think it's providing "national competition" to ECNL. It's not. Not even close. It's more of an EDP/USYS level, where there are probably a handful of teams (teams, not overall clubs) that could give their ECNL counterparts a good game, but overall the league is meh.

Comment

I don't wish for the league to fail, I just think it's hilarious that people think it's providing "national competition" to ECNL. It's not. Not even close. It's more of an EDP/USYS level, where there are probably a handful of teams (teams, not overall clubs) that could give their ECNL counterparts a good game, but overall the league is meh.
                              This x 10000000%. The only people who want the league to fail are ECNL shills. Being objective though, the league seemed doomed from the onset. How can you lose most of the top clubs (again agreeing with the quoted poster - there are good teams mixed in the GA, but few great clubs) and maybe some top kids and be the same? I'm glad that teams are playing and that the league got off the ground, but to say there is a direct 1 to 1 comparison to ECNL is funny. In NJ specifically, it's more of the same when talking only about ECNL and GA clubs. There is PDA, then a few steps down to STA/CSA, then a cliff, and then MF.

Comment

A lot of wishful bull being tossed around. No one knows nothing and all posts are just trying to further their own agenda. Any parents who listen to this crap deserve to be taken to the cleaners.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X